Sequel: Noor
Status: completed :)

Seafoam

every day.

School starts today and I can't find it in myself to step inside.

"Eva, come on," Vincent tugs on my sweater. "There's nothing to be afraid of," he adds. "I'm here with you."

I nod my head and follow him inside. He keeps a hand on the small of my back and I fight the urge to just run away. The security has increased–everyone has to have their bags searched and there are security cameras at every corner of our school.

Everyone seems to be afraid still. I don't see Willa Peters and the rest of her cheerleaders squealing about Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt. I don't see Henry Forester and Riley Cunningham making out like no tomorrow against their lockers. I don't see Warren Best, Jack Hartley, and Dylan Doyle taking about last night's gane. I don't see anyone doing what they usually do in the morning. They're all still.

I see Skyler at his locker and leave Vincent. I'm feeling better for some reason.

"Hi," he says to me, smiling.

"Hi."

I glance back at Vincent, who is watching us from his locker as Britt Roberts, his newest conquest, is trying to talk to him. I don't understand why he isn't listening to her. If I were him and Britt Roberts were talking to me, my eyes would never leave her.

"Ready for the day?" Skyler asks me, leaning against his locker.

I nod my head. "I'm ready."

"Evangeline?"

"Yes, Skyler?"

"Would you wanna get coffee with me after school today?"

Skyler is looking at me intently. I glance back at Vincent, who has now finally noticed Britt Roberts and is leaning against his locker, with that charming look painted on his face, and I say to Skyler,

"I would love to."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm going insane but I kind of want to do a group-written story with a few people, so if you're interested, mosy on over HERE to see my ideas and if you're still interested, then message me! :)