Sequel: Noor
Status: completed :)

Seafoam

every day.

I wake up and I feel constricted. I look around and find that I'm still on the couch and Vincent is sleeping next to me with his arms wrapped around me. I love this feeling. I love that I can hear his calm breathing. I love that he's holding me in this way.

My phone starts to vibrate and I slowly peel myself off Vincent and answer it. It's Skyler.

"Hi," he says. "Evangeline, listen, I'm so sorry about the other night. I should've known you weren't ready and I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Sky."

"Do you wanna do something today?"

"Um. I dunno."

"Oh."

I sigh and close my eyes. When I open them again, they find Vincent's sleeping body sprawled on my couch and I feel a smile on my lips.

"I'm sorry, Sky. I just have previous plans. Maybe tomorrow?"

I can tell he's disappointed.

"Yeah, sure."

We hang up and Vincent stirs awake. His groggy eyes find me and he smiles. He sits up and I laugh because his hair is sticking up in all directions. He scowls at me.

"What do you wanna do today?"

I shrug. "I don't know."

"I'm tired."

"Then go back to sleep."

"Maybe I will." He shoots a silly look in my direction.

He plops back down on the couch and closes his eyes. I smile but I feel this guilt weighing down on me. I just lied to Skyler so I can watch Vincent sleep.

I'm not supposed to feel this way about him again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh man next chapter....
Thank you so much for all your comments <3