Papa Don't Preach, I'm Keeping My Baby

11

My cell phone rang, waking me from the first peaceful night of sleep I've had in weeks. The lump on my tummy made it hard to sleep at all.

"What?" I said, grouchily into the phone. I hated whoever had awaken me.

"Danni? I'm sorry, did I wake you?" My mom's alarmed voice said. I groaned, realizing I had fallen asleep at Mitch's house. I was in deep trouble.

"Yeah, it's okay. I'm sorry, I fell asleep at Mitch's house, but I'll come home right away." I said, trying to rid my voice of grogginess. Unsuccessfully.

"No, no, sweetie, you can stay there. I trust you." She replied.

"Really?" I brightened. "After all that's happened, you trust me?" I asked.

"Well, as much crap as you are in, you did the right thing and told your father and I, and I trust you to be honest."

"Thanks, Mom," I began, "But, what about dad? He has different feelings about this, I'm sure."

"I told him you're spending the night at Katie's." Mom replied. I laughed.

"Cool. Thanks. So, exactly why did you call me?" I asked.

"I don't know, I just felt a sudden urge to call. I worry even more about you, now you have a baby."

"Two babies." I laughed. We chatted together, mostly about how I loved Mitch and the babies, and I felt this incredible closeness to my mom, I never felt before. She always seemed to not love me, and while we talked, I did.

As I hung up the phone, I noticed Mitch in the doorway, smiling at me.

"How long have you been here?" I asked, accusingly. My eyebrows lowered.

"Long enough to hear some things." He said, chuckling.

"What things?"

"Things..." He trailed off, jumping onto his bed with me. His eyes were humorous, and he obviously loved teasing me about this. My pregnant brain hated it.

"Tell me!" I whined. Mitch pecked me on the nose, forehead, cheeks, eyelids, and lips.

"I don't want to." He teased. I turned away from him (with great difficulty, thanks to thing 1 and thing 2), and crossed my arms, pouting.

"Please?" I asked, struggling to crane my neck and look at him, with my best puppy dog look. He laughed, and nibbled on my ear, obviously wanting to take the teasing farther. And despite my frustration, I grinned. He was so cute.

"All I heard was... everything." Mitch whispered in my ear, tickling it with his breath. I giggled, and blushed at the fact he was probably listening to everything I said about how much I loved him, on the phone. But, then again, I didn't care.

"So, how's my beautiful little babies?" Mitch cooed, rubbing my tummy. It felt nice so I closed my eyes as I replied.

"They are just as crazy as always." I replied, peeking at Mitch's face. "I think they get that from their father." I laughed.

"Um, no you're mistaken. Their mother's insane prego hormones rubbed off on them." Mitch chuckled in reply, kissing my neck.

He had a habit of kissing my tummy now, too, so he leaned down and did so. I smiled up at him, remembering that moments like these are the best part of my life.

"I love you." I said.

"Ha, I know." Mitch joked. "But, I love you more."
♠ ♠ ♠
ahhh haven't updated in FOREVER. sorry. but, that chapter felt kind of cheesy.