Papa Don't Preach, I'm Keeping My Baby

12

I woke up the next morning to Mitch's arms still around me. He snored in my ear, and as I tried to move I ended up hurting myself. Because, 1. I was kind of in a state were it was hard to see my toes, let alone move, and 2. Mitch's arms were tight around my bloated waist, and 3. My neck hurt from sleeping on my side all night.

"Mitch." I groaned, nudging him as best I could. His grip grew tighter around me.

"Hmm?" He said, peeking an eye open.

"Move." I said, not kindly. He got up and loomed over me, staring me down.

"You're prego-ness is slightly annoying." He said, with the same tone I used at him. I stuck my tongue out at him, which led to a makeout session. He pulled my tighter to him, but my tummy blocked him. It wasn't too terribly big yet, but big enough.

"Oh... right. I forgot for a second." He said, laughing. I laughed too.

"Well, I need to talk to you anyways..." I said, suddenly serious. "Mitch, since this whole thing even started, we've been pretty laid back about the whole baby situation..." I spoke with a fast and panicked pace. "I mean, what are we going to do? Get married? Not go to college? Set the baby up for adoption and move on? I just... my life isn't going to be a good one because of this baby- these babies.. It won't be bad either, having them... but the money, the housing situations-"

"Dani!" Mitch cut me off. "Breath!" I did. "You're life will be changed because of our mistake we made! Mine will too! We're in this together. I won't leave you to fend for yourself. I'll earn up to it, and I hope you will too."

"But, we can't just not deal with it! We have to plan!" I cried, desperate to figure things out.

"Dani, we will deal. But not now." He replied, calmly.

"But, what if we end up in a crappy apartment working at Wal Mart, or the garbage man or something???!!!" I said, confused with his calmness.

"So what??? We'll have each other, and with love, it doesn't matter! We could stay at home for the first couple years of the kids lives, and get married when we finish high school and college. We can still have that good life, Dani! And even if we don't, we still have the biggest love in the entire world!" Mitch took my breath away with that speech. I kissed him softly and smiled.

"Fine, we'll figure it out later. 'Sides, I gotta run." With one last peck, I left and drove myself home, and cried. It was weird how much my future seemed screwed now.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments??? :)