Papa Don't Preach, I'm Keeping My Baby

3

"You're what?" My dad roared. My mom sat down, strangely calm, and watched him throw a fit. "Do you know how wrong this is? Your reputation is ruined, because your pregnant!" I was fighting back tears the whole time.

"Dad. Dad, please listen to me!" I was bawling by now, and he finally shut up. "I know, this isn't the best thing that could happen. But, I need you right now, to support me. Please, be here through the whole pregnancy and-"

"Wait... you're keeping the baby?" My dad cut me off.

"Yes," I nodded. "This baby deserves life. It's not fair of me to end it's life, when it was my fault in the first place." I said, bravely.

It took a long moment until Dad replied, "Okay, Daniella. Okay. But... who's the dad?" He asked, and I could tell this was hard for him.

"His... His name is Mitch." I hesitated to tell him. My mom was quiet the whole time, her face unemotional.

"That Hickey boy?" My dad asked more than declared. I nodded in reply, searching his face and then my mother's.

"Mom?" I finally asked, getting her attention. She smiled, sadly at me and then left the kitchen. My dad wanted Mitch to come over because he didn't know yet.

"Make this seem like a date to get to know us, okay?" My father advised. So I called him over.

"Hellooo?" I heard his voice sing into the phone. My heart nearly stopped. I loved him so much.

"H-hey, Mitch. It's Daniella." I said.

"Dani! I was scared you'd stop calling after what happened that night..." He meant the night we had sex. It was true, I just stopped talking to him when I found out I was pregnant.

"Yeah, well... I miss you." True. "And I want you to come over and meet my parents tonight." False.

"Oh... okay. That would be great." I could literally hear him grinning. It just made my heart leap to hear Mitch happy. "What time should I come over?"

"One moment, I'll ask my parents. Dad... what time should he come over?"

"Hmm? Oh! In a half an hour..." He never turned around, obviously not wanting to look at me, making me sadder than ever.

"Okay, in half an hour, will that be good?" I asked.

"Yeah, love, that's perfect." I loved it when he called me love. "Oh, and Dani? I want you to know how much I love you, okay?"

"Really? Me too. Really." I didn't want to say 'I love you' in front of my father. It's uncomfortable, especially with the fact that I'm pregnant.

"Okay, bye."

"M'bye." I hung up the phone. "He'll be here at 9:30." I informed my dad. Then, I went to take a shower so I'd be presentable.
♠ ♠ ♠
Urrgh.

What do you think, readers?