Papa Don't Preach, I'm Keeping My Baby

4

I let the warm water wash away every bad thing, and I sighed as my aching muscles relaxed. Then, I scrubbed my body with a sweet smelling body wash, making me smell like a bouquet of lavenders. Then, I used my citrus shampoo and conditioner, digging it into my scalp. After that I put my robe on and walked into my room, to find something decent to wear. I glanced at the clock and it said 9:10. Only 20 minutes to get hair, make-up and my outfit done!

I hurriedly pulled on my clothes (a black tank top that said The Best Damn Thing on it and then my low cut jeans), and then ran into the bathroom to get my hair and make-up done. After quickly applying lip gloss and eyeliner, I blow dry and straightened my hair. And just in time, because Mitch knocked on the door.

"Hello, Mitch." I answered the door, smiling.

"Hey, Daniella." Mitch kissed me, and everything flashed back to me, making me uncomfortable.

"Well, if it isn't Mr. Hickey." My father said, coldly. I sent him a death glare, and then lead Mitch in, who was suddenly stiff. Way to go, dad. I thought, sarcastically.

"Hello, Mitch." My mother said, smiling warmly, as if nothing were wrong. Mitch relaxed, and my mom led him to the kichen and sat him down at the table.

"Do you like chicken? Because chicken's dinner." My mom asked.

"I love chicken, thanks." Mitch said, smiling at me the whole time. We basically didn't take our eyes off each other all through dinner. Then, I had to tell him.

"Well, Mitch," My dad spat out his name like venom. "Daniella, here, has something very serious to tell you." My dad gave me a look that hurt my heart so badly, I almost burst out crying.

"Can we have a little bit of privacy?!?!?" I almost screamed, annoyed. My dad was about to protest when my mom glared at him and pulled him to their room. Mitch looked at me, questioningly.

"Well, Mitch..." I began. "I'm just going to say this in one short, simple sentence. I'm pregnant."

"What?" Mitch asked, shocked.

"Me: Mommy. You: Daddy. Do you need me to be any clearer?" I asked.

"No, I get it." Mitch said, frustrated. "I'm just.... it's so.... I'm surprised."

"How can you be surprised? We had sex, which usually leads to babies when you don't use protection!" I yelled. Mitch immediately pulled me into a hug, and I burst into tears. After awhile, Mitch lifted my shirt to kiss my tummy.

"I love you." He whispered. And then he left.