Papa Don't Preach, I'm Keeping My Baby

5

It was Saturday, and I just could not stay in the house with my parents. It was very uncomfortable.

"Hey, mom?" I called.

"Yes...?"

"I'm going for a drive."

"Where?" Of course. No one trusts me after I get myself pregnant.

"Around town. I'll stop and buy myself some breakfast, or go to Kacey's house." I replied.

"Um... alright." I heard my mom sigh. I gladly left the tension-filled house for my comfy car seat, and I was off!

I decided to turn the radio on, which when I look back on that decision, it wasn't a good idea. The song playing was called Papa Don't Preach by Madonna, and by the end of the song I was bawling. It applied to me so well. I also found myself singing along with it.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

I answered my cellphone, and tried to calm my pitiful sobs so the caller wouldn't ask questions.

"Dani here, how may I help you?" I asked, in my best robotic voice. Trust me, I am fantastic at acting.

"What's wrong?" The voice asked, alarmed.

"Nothing." I worked harder to keep the surprise out of my voice. "Who is this?"

"Mitch." The voice replied. "Stop lying to me, I know when something is going on. What?"

"Mitch! Um... I think you know what is going on... remember? I'm pregnant?" I asked, not bothering to hide the annoyance in my words.

"Right... Um, well, where are you now?" He said. I had been circling his block and decided to park in front of his house. I grinned.

"Well, I'm sitting here in my car. Where are you?" I said.

"I'm at home, in my room." He replied, nonchalantly, clearly bored. I grinned, and I decided I would scare the crap out of him.

"Oh. Hey, I have to go! You know, science project? Yeah... see you later!" I said, and hung up the phone. Then, I began my climb up the side of his house and into his open window. He was still staring at his phone, confused.

"Heeelllooo," I said, eerily, making Mitch scream and jump. I laughed.

"DANIELLA!!!" He screamed. I shushed him, bringing a finger to my lips.

"How did you get in here?" He whispered.

"Window." I said, casually, and shrugged. A look of worry spread across his once angry face.

"Dani, you're pregnant. You need to be careful." He said, and I realized he was right.

"Don't worry, though. The baby's just fine." I said. He nodded and hugged me, sighing.
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't know how to end it... :C