Status: Complete!

Unravelled

Chapter 1

I heard my roommate, Alana, calling out to me as I sank my fifth shot of the night. “Brynn! Are you almost ready? I’m calling a cab now!”
“I’m actually ready for once,” I replied before starting to laugh uncontrollably.
“What the fuck are you laughing at?” I heard her ask as she came up behind me. I heard her sigh as she noticed the vodka and the empty bottle of wine. “Brynn, please. Control yourself tonight. Let me take my pick before you jump all over someone. Sound good?”
“Shut up,” I slurred back at her. “I can do what I want. I’m a free woman.”
“Whatever,” she replied, rolling her eyes. “Let’s go.”
We arrived at the club less than 20 minutes later and headed straight for the bar. After ordering two drinks each I turned to survey the dance floor. “Holy shit,” I heard Alana mutter beside me. “The whole fucking Blackhawks team is here.”
I looked at her, rolling my eyes and headed for the dance floor. She was obsessed with the NHL. Knew the stats of the Blackhawks backwards and forwards. I, on the other hand, couldn’t give two shits about hockey. I couldn’t pick a hockey player out of a crowd. All I was interested in that night was getting wasted and forgetting all my problems. Drinking was the only thing that seemed to work. The second I started dancing I felt someone start grinding up against me. I turned to see a shortish blond guy, clearly wasted, smiling back at me. “Ugh,” I spat out. “No thank you.” I turned to walk back to the bar to find Alana when I tripped over my heels and brought up solid into someone behind me.
“Sorry, oh my God, ouch. Sorry,” I slurred, quickly turning around. “These stupid heel-“ I looked up and right into the eyes of one of the most gorgeous men I had ever seen. “Oh.”

He shot me a little smirk. “Making the mad dash from Kaner I see. I don’t blame you for tripping. I would’ve been running faster than that. Jonny,” he said, offering me his hand.

“Brynn,” I said, laughing nervously.

“Well, Brynn, how about a drink? I know for a fact you’ve got class if you’re running away from him and think of it as an apology for letting him out of my sight.”
“Apology accepted,” I muttered, following him to the bar.
We quickly drank a few and it wasn’t long until he was inviting me to the VIP section of the club. “VIP? How the hell did ya hook that up?” I replied.
“Uh, well… You don’t know who I am?”
“No?”
“HOLY SHIT BRYNN!” I heard Alana exclaim behind me. I whipped around to see what the hell was going on when I noticed her staring bug-eyed at Jonny. “That’s him! That’s Tazer!”
“Jesus Alana. Shut up. I don’t know what the fuck a tazer is.” I turned and rolled my eyes towards Jonny when I noticed the very unimpressed expression on his face. “Oh, uh. What’s –“
I felt Alana grab my hand and pull me towards the bathroom before I fought out of her grip. “Get the fuck off Alana. He’s hot. I don’t want to gossip with you right now.”
“That’s him,” she whispered! “That’s Jonathan fucking Toews! He’s the captain of the fucking Blackhawks Brynn!”
“I don’t care who the fuck he is,” I spat back. “He’s who I’m going home with tonight. Go find someone. I’ll see you whenever.”
I turned and walked back to Jonny. “Sorry about that. Um, so I guess I kinda know who you are now though. She’s a bit of a fan. Sorry I didn’t recognize you. I don’t exactly follow hockey…”
“It’s fine,” he said, smirking a little. “It’s kinda refreshing that there’s someone in this town who doesn’t know who I am.” He led me back to the VIP area and minutes after sitting down I felt someone slide in next to me. I glanced over to see the guy from the dance floor smiling back at me. “Calm down Kaner,” I heard Jonny say, moving closer to me. “Go find someone else.”
“Come on, Tazer. I saw her first,” he whined.
“Yeah but she nearly killed herself trying to get away from you. Clearly she isn’t interested. Take a hint,” Jonny replied.
“You suck. Don’t worry. She’ll get bored of you eventually and come running back to me.” He stood up, grabbed Jonny’s drink and headed back to the dance floor.
“My best friend, Patrick Kane himself,” Jonny said, rolling his eyes. “When he’s sober he’s actually bearable.”
It wasn’t long before Pat stumbled over and fell onto the table, nearly knocking it over in the process. “Whoa, buddy,” Jonny muttered. “Clearly time to get you home.” He looked at me nervously. “Um, you wanna continue this conversation at my place.”
“Well, I’d like to come to your place but I don’t think we’ll be talking much,” I said with a smile, quickly standing up. “Pick up your little friend here and let’s go.”
I walked out the exit of the club without even checking to see if the boys were behind me. As soon as I turned and noticed them weaving through the crowd I pulled out my phone. I quickly texted Alana, “Won’t be home tonight. Have fun.”
Jonny hailed a cab and shoved Pat into the back of it. He rattled off an address to the driver then said to Pat, “Nothing stupid tonight, sound good?” and slammed the door.
As soon as the cab pulled out another one was in its place. “Well, let’s do this,” Jonny said, smiling at me while he opened the door.
We were at his place in no time and were barely through the door when we started going at each other. He pressed me up against the wall as he closed and locked the door behind him. I leaned back and looked at him. “You have 3 locks on your door? That seems extreme.”

“Yeah well, Kaner only has a key for 2 of ‘em,” he replied, kissing me again. We stayed like that for a while until I finally broke away and breathlessly muttered, “Bed. Now.”

He put me back on the ground and we started stripping clothes as he pulled me towards his room. As I pushed him down on the bed I noticed we were both down to only our underwear and I still had my shoes on. I leaned down to take them off and he grabbed my hand. “Leave them on,” he said, smirking. I looked at him and rolled my eyes. “Interesting,” I whispered as I climbed on top of him to pick up where we had left off.

Hours and hours later I woke up feeling awful and not having a clue where I was. I looked around and noticed someone asleep next to me. I stared at the ceiling and tried to remember who I had gone home with the night before and after a few minutes he rolled over and faced me – thankfully still sleeping. I studied his face, trying to figure out where I had seen him before when it suddenly hit me.

“Holy shit,” I whispered, throwing out the covers and climbing out of bed. “No, no, no. Brynn what were you thinking.” I tripped over my shoes on my way out the bedroom door and picked up my underwear and the first piece of clothing I saw – which happened to be his t-shirt. I pulled it over my head and tried to find the kitchen. I found my clutch on the way and threw it on the island once I finally found it. “Beer. I need a beer. There’s gotta be beer somewhere…” I pulled open the refrigerator door and saw a whole lot of Gatorade. “He’s a hockey player. He’s Canadian. There HAS to be beer somewh – Ah. There we go.” I pulled out a Heineken and quickly twisted it open and took a mouthful. I instantly felt better as I laid it down on the counter and pulled out my cell phone. Immediately I dialed Alana’s number.
“You have to come get me. Oh my God. I have no idea where I am,” I said, making my way over to the insane wall of glass over-looking Chicago. “Sweet Jesus, Alana. This apartment’s insane.”
“Well, clearly Brynn. He is a fucking multi-millionaire. I can’t believe you fucking went home with Jonathan fucking Toews.”
“You sound so… awake? What time is it?”
“1:30,” I heard from both the phone and from behind me. I jumped a mile and let out a little scream. Turning quickly I saw Jon behind me in his boxers laughing.

“I have to go,” I said quickly and hung up the phone. “Um, hi,” I said, giving him a small smile.

“Is that a beer?” he asked, shocked.

“Helps with the hangover!” I replied. “As in, you can’t get hung over if you’re always drunk!”

He nodded slowly, walked over to me and took it out of my hand. I watched him take a swig and raised my eyebrows. “What? We have a day off!” he said.

I laughed at him and grabbed it back. “Well, get your own. Sorry by the way. I was going to leave when I finished this. I wasn’t expecting you to wake up yet.”

“That’s fine,” he replied, heading towards the kitchen. “We should go to breakfast. Or, uh, lunch I guess? Whatever. I’m off today and we could have fun,” he said, turning and giving me a small smirk.

I shrugged and followed him towards the kitchen. “I like fun,” I said, narrowing my eyes. “What’d you have in mind?” I pulled myself up on the island and watched him take two Gatorade out of the fridge. I couldn’t help but admire his body.

He walked over towards me and took the beer out of my hand, replacing it with a Gatorade. I looked at it and wrinkled up my nose. “Well that’s not fun.”

“Much better for the hangover. I promise,” he said, throwing the beer down the sink. “But, I was more think of us spending some one on one time together… You know,” he trailed off, slowly walking back towards me.

I opened it and started drinking. “Taste’s a little better I guess…” By this time Jon had settled himself in between my legs and I found that sitting on the island, I was exactly the same height as him.

“Well, hello,” I said quietly.

He leaned in and started kissing me. After a few minutes he leaned back and looked at me. “Sorry but Jesus you look good in my clothes.” I started laughing and I leaned in and gave him a quick kiss.

“I look better out of ‘em. And well, I do need a shower…”

About an hour later we were finally drying off and as he got dressed I gathered my clothes from throughout the house and threw them down on the bed, frustrated.

“What’s up?” he asked.

“We’re going out for lunch. These are the only clothes I have,” I said, pouting. “I refuse to go to a restaurant dressed in clubbing clothes. That screams walk of shame.” I could feel myself starting to blush.

I finally got him to smile and he looked around his room. “Well, wear this hoodie,” he said, throwing one at me. “And, hang on.” He came back a few minutes later with a pair of sweats. “They’re probably still gonna be way too big but Kaner’s at least smaller than me.”

“Pat has clothes at your apartment?”

“Hey, he doesn’t always pick up and I’d rather know he was sleeping alone in my guestroom then still wandering around God knows when looking for ass.”
“Very valid point,” I replied, pulling them on. The rest of the day was a blur. We went for lunch then back to his place. We fooled around a bit but ended up falling asleep on the couch before much happened. We were woken up a few hours later to someone banging on the door.

“Dammit Tazer, open the door!” I heard Patrick shout. I quickly stood up and started gathering my stuff. As Jon was pulling open the door I was pushing my way out from behind him and through it.

“Aw yeah! She got in my pants after all,” I heard Patrick say.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. This is more a note to the people subscribed to this story. So, my partner in writing this decided half way through she was done writing and totally fucked with my life. SO, I'm rewriting this with only Brynn's POV. I deleted everything to start fresh and am currently re-working it. I hope to have it up ASAP but considering I'm in university I'm doing the best I can. :) Please stay subscribed. Her story line is gonna stay kind of the same but I need to find ways to cut the other character out of it.