Status: Complete!

Unravelled

Chapter 4

After Jonny introduced me to the team, I spotted another girl looking just as out of place as me. “Hey! I’m Brynn!” I said, approaching her.

“Oh, uh hi! I’m Lauren,” she said with a tight smile.

“Who are you here with?” I asked cheerfully, trying to strike up a conversation.

“Vik,” she replied with a slight giggle. “I’m sorry. This is so awkward. We’re fuck buddies. I have no idea why I’m here. I don’t know anyone and he fucked off the minute we got here.”

“Well, I literally just started dating Jonathan Toews. As in, tonight was our first date. I don’t exactly feel in place either,” I whispered with a smile. “How do you feel about having some fun with these guys?”

“What are you thinking?” she asked skeptically. I shot her a wink as I turned and yelled, “BODY SHOTS!”

About 15 heads immediately shot our way and I was pretty sure I could see Kaner drooling. I smiled at him sweetly and said, “Well, Pat? Got any vodka we can have some fun with?”

“You bet I do!” he exclaimed, turning and walking into the kitchen. I glanced around and noticed Jonny walking towards me with a smirk on his face. “What?” I said, trying not to smile. “If you’re going to take me home you’re going to have some fun.”

I saw more girls making their way over towards us and I noticed Vik talking to Lauren, who was starting to look a little happier. “See,” I said, jerking my head towards them. “Vik’s down for it aren’t you Vik?”

“I’m down for anything,” he said, giving me a huge smile.

Jonny looked at me skeptically. “And, how do you propose taking a body shot off a guy?” I opened my mouth and shut it quickly. I honestly had no idea how to go about doing that. I immediately turned and looked at Kaner. If anybody knew, he definitely would.

“Well, Johnny,” he said. “These ladies are going to lick the salt off of our rock hard abs. Then, we’re just going to pass them the shot because well, we clearly don’t have tits. Then, they’re going to take the lime out of our mouths and it’s going to be very hot.”

As soon as he stopped I turned back to Johnny and said, “And THEN! Because you’re the luckiest fuckers in the world, you’re going to take body shots off of us and you’re going to have fun.”

He finally started to smile a little as he raised his eyebrows. “Oh, is that right? Well, let’s test this out,” he said, suddenly pulling his shirt over his head.

“Aw yeah,” I whispered, checking him out. “This is gonna be a good night.” I leaned up and started making out with him and heard Kaner behind me yelling out, “No! You’re ruining the game!” I broke off and sighed. “Fine. Well let’s get this thing going.” We took about four body shots each and took another few just regular, off the table shots. After we started feeling them we decided it was time to head to the bar. We weren’t there very long before Johnny and I were drunkenly going at it on the dance floor.

After a few songs of that I decided I couldn’t wait much longer.

“Let’s go,” I whispered into his ear as he went to town on my neck.

“Who’s closer?” he said, quickly grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the exit.

“Definitely me. I’m only a few blocks away.”

We rushed into the first cab we saw and immediately picked up where we left off. It felt like the cabbie was going way too slow but we eventually made it to the building. I rushed him up to the apartment then into my room. He gently pushed me down onto the bed and climbed on top of me, kissing me even harder than he had earlier that night. I worked his shirt up his body and he finally broke off and pulled it over his head. “Jesus Christ,” I whispered, looking at him. “I swear to fuck you look hotter every time you do that.” I started to sit up and gently push him over, trying to show him it was my turn on top. I straddled him and slowly kissed my way down his body. As I was going I was working on his belt buckle.

After a few minutes of teasing he suddenly said. “Alright. Fuck. Your turn.” He pulled me up so I was eye level with him and kissed me deeply while he pulled my dress up over my body. He broke away as he pulled it over my head and suddenly flipped me over. “I’ve been looking forward to this since that bitch move of stripping for me at my apartment,” he said, smirking down at me.

“You’re the one who followed me into the room,” I replied, pulling him down to kiss me again. “Now come on! I’m not exactly dreading it either!”

Clearly we had both been really worked up already because it wasn’t too long before Johnny was collapsing next to me, both of us looking smugly satisfied.

“Holy shit,” he said quietly, staring at the ceiling.

I rolled onto my side and propped my head up on my hand. “For the record, I think I could like you too.”

“Really?” he asked, shifting his focus to me.

“Why is that so surprising?”

“I don’t know,” he said, moving his eyes back to the ceiling. “People usually find me boring after a couple of hours.”

“I think you’re anything but boring,” I responded matter-of-factly. “In fact, I would go so far as calling you fun.” I laughed as he rolled his eyes. “I’m serious! I’ve had fun the past couple of days. I think that Captain Serious thing is stupid.”

“It is stupid.” He rolled over to face me. “It’s so dumb! Like, just because I take my job seriously and want to do well I’m immediately pegged as no fun. I’m not always like that. It’s just, someone’s gotta be serious in that locker room.”

“I honestly have so much respect for you and what you do. I couldn’t even handle one little aspect of my company. I have a hard time making it to the one meeting a month I have to attend, for fuck sakes. I say props to you for being able to be the captain of those guys and keep them in line.”

He met my eyes and gave me the biggest, most genuine smile anybody had ever given me. “Thank you,” he said, leaning up to kiss me. “Really. Thanks. Sometimes I really do need to hear that. I don’t think I’m even that good at it. I’m so scared I’m going to fuck it up and let the guys down. I think that’s why I take it a little too serious.”

“You’re doing an incredible job. You really are. Even the older guys look up to you in a way. I can see that when I’m out with you guys. They love seeing you let loose too though. The looks on their faces when you agreed to do body shots tonight was priceless. They clearly think you do your job well but they like seeing you having fun and being happy too.”

“Well, you know what makes me happy? Spending time with you. I’ve had so much fun these past couple days. Our date was fun too. I want to go on another one. Actually, tomorrow night we have a charity thing. Will you come with me?”

“Sure,” I replied. “I’d love to!” I looked up and kissed him softly. “Sounds good. Now, go to sleep. I’m really tired.”

“Fine,” he said, pulling me close. “Good night.”

I woke up the next morning completely entangled in Jonathan Toews. I tried to get myself out of his grip without waking him up and was disappointed when I failed miserably. I had barely even moved when his eyes fluttered open. I sighed and sunk back down.

“I was trying not to wake you up,” I said, frowning.

“A for effort?” he said with a smirk.

“Shut up,” I replied, fighting a smile. I noticed him become serious once again. “What are you thinking?”

“Oh, you know. First off I’m thinking I have an awful headache. I also really need to go to the gym. And,” he continued, finally smiling again, “I’m thinking I could get used to waking up next to you.”

I could feel myself starting to blush as I rolled my eyes. “You’re so cheesy,” I scoffed, throwing his arms off of me. “And gym sounds good. There’s one downstairs?”

“Let’s go to the one in my building,” he replied, looking apologetic. “Sounds dumb but I don’t know who lives here. People in my building are used to me being there. Usually when I go to a different one people are distracting and I don’t get much done.”

“That makes sense actually,” I said, smiling. “Let me just grab some stuff.”

“Pack for the whole day and night.” He smiled mischievously. “We can grab lunch after our workout and just hang around my place. You’re still interested in being my date tonight?”

“Of course!”

“Great. Well, just bring everything and get ready there.”

“Fine,” I responded. “But, I have to be up early tomorrow morning. I’m flying to Cambridge. Time for the once a month meeting,” I said, screwing up my face.

“How long are you going for?”

“Only one night. I wouldn’t be able to stay in that town any longer. Now, what kind of ordeal is this tonight? What should I wear?”

“Um, kind of fancy I guess. I’m wearing a suit.”

“You always wear a suit… Here. These are my nicest dresses.” I pulled out three of my favorites.

“You should probably try them on for me.”

“Oh, is that a fact? Well, I’ll just bring them all with me and we’ll work on that this afternoon. Sound good?”

“Sounds incredible…” he said, fighting a smile. I rolled my eyes again and pulled out a large overnight bag. I carefully folded up the dresses and threw them in. Then I started piling in my make-up, hair supplies, an outfit for after the gym, my hairdryer and my shower stuff. “Jesus you women are a lot of work. You need all of that to get ready for one night?”

“Yes, Johnny. I don’t exactly wake up looking ready-to-go to a fancy charity event standing next to you.”

“Well I think you look incredible right now.”

“Of course you do,” I scoffed. “Sucking up at 10 in the morning? You really want some don’t you?” I couldn’t help but smile as he slowly raised his eyebrows. “No, Johnny. Now get up and get dressed.” I pulled on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt then quickly pulled my hair up into a ponytail. “I’m going to brush my teeth and grab a couple more things. When I get back in here I expect you to be ready.”

“Jeeze, bossy in the mornings aren’t we?”