Status: Done!

I'm Low on Gas and I Need a Jacket

Why do I deny the heart thats growing colder...

I awoke in the bright 8 'o clock sunlight. I had just settled not too long ago, so my room was still sprinkled in boxes. My bed wasn't actually a bed, it was a mattress. California was one of the worst places to be when you're new and alone, but I only knew one person and that one person was going to be gone in a few weeks.
I got up out of my bed after I checked the time,8:45.
"Okay, get up lazy ass..." I mumbled to myself. I had to be ready to leave by ten to make it to my job at the tattoo parlor at ten thirty.
I trudged to the kitchen to put some coffee on, while I took a shower. I played some music while in the shower, just so I can time myself. The song She by Frank Ocean and Tyler the Creator came on.
'Golden rubbers in these denim pockets
(denim pockets)
On my waist, theres a black glock
(black glock)
New girl moved on the block
(on the block)
She's plottin on my brown cock'

The song went on and I sang along. It brought back memories. Happy memories. Of my high school boyfriend Tony Perry, this song played when we went to bust his ex's ass.
"Haha yeah," I said. Quickly washing my hair and continuing to rap Tylar's parts.

'Night light hit soft and turning kisses to bites
I'm down to earth nigga with intention that's right
You'll be down to earth quicker if you diss me tonight
But i'll be the happiest if decide to kick it tonight
We could chill and I could act like I dont wanna FUCK
You could tell me all your problems like I really give one(nope)
But I give two for us cuz your the one that I want'

I stopped listening up to this point. I started to feel regret. I want him back, was all I thought at times like this. But all I could think was, it's too late for that.
I cut off my shower and let my iPod play as I continued to get ready. I blow dryed my hair and picked out a grey Foo Fighter t-shirt I made myself, dark denim jeans, a green cardigan, and black converse. My hair was short, really short, like you couldn't tie it up. After high school, I felt the need to change up some stuff, so I cut my hair, went natural and dyed it purple. Me being African American, my hair was a soft Afro;but after I straightened it, it was unruly looking but it still had its way of working, and I liked that. I put in my nose ring, spider bites, angel bites, and septum; also my pugs as well. I got rid of the dimple and eyebrow piercings. I put on my glasses and I was ready.
I walked out into the kitchen, and poured a cup of coffee in my coffee cup, and sat quietly on my couch until my ride showed up. It was 9:55, I was going to be sort of early.
I texted Austin, to let him now I was ready.
Okay, be there in a few:)
It was really nice of him to do this. I always told him that it's not that far of a walk but he always insisted. Ten minutes passed and my coffee was a quarter way gone before Austin knocked on my door.
I sat my cup on the counter and answered it. Once I opened my door, I was in awe of the tall tattooed man standing before me.
"Sup, girl with purple hair..uh," he smiled.
"Wow, Austin," I said as I hugged him,"You're really good at nick names aren't you?"
"Hello, Dan," I heard him sniff,"Is that coffee? Fuck yeah!"
"No time! But you can have some of mine, if that's cool?"
"Sure, now get your shit together!" I ran and got my keys, coffee and satchel.
"Got ma shit, lez go nigga!" I locked my door as we stepped out.

The drive to my job was never quiet, me and Austin always spoke and when we didn't the radio was on.
"So uhh," I started,"When are you leaving? I mean, I have to know so I can start looking in to the bus schedule."
"Haha, I um...we leave in three weeks...for three months." holy shit...
"Holy shit," I mumbled,"I'm gonna miss you man." He smiled, oh my gosh, he was adorable when he smiled.
"Me too, Danni." I'm not sure but I believe I heard him whisper,'More than I should.' but that could've been anything; he could've said 'I have morning wood'.
I,sometimes, contemplated on the theory that Austin might've had a thing for me. I mean we hung out a lot, he drives me to work voluntarily, and he was the first person in this town to befriend me. It reminds me of high school, and I think that's why I didn't want to like him; he reminded me too much of Tony.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, this is going to take a while to set up I guess, but don't lose me guys, it get's better\m/