Status: Done!

I'm Low on Gas and I Need a Jacket

Skinny Love

All of us decide to walk to our destination, Jaime saying that it would be more fun and Vic saying it would more health conscious. They were both right. We walked to a pizzeria not too far from us. Me and Tony hand in hand of course, but we were all conversing together. I think that's what I missed the most, our ability to talk about literally EVERYTHING.
Vic laughed,"Alright, alright you guys, can we all just take a moment to appreciate that beautiful sunset." we all looked up. It was almost exactly like the one the day before; red sun, smoky clouds, but the sky was mixed with a little purple, a hint of orange and more blue. It was a beautiful sight, but it was kinda ruined when some guy in a car was smoking and flicked his cigarette. The smoke was stronger than it should've been,the only one not effected was Mike. They weren't choking but I wasn't used to bein around smoke, so I coughed.
"Geez," I said between coughs,"I didn't see that coming. That was like BOOM in your face."
"C'mon Dan it's just smoke," said Mike.
"I've never smoked, and the people at my job don't smoke, I'm not used to breathing smoke."
"Breathing smoke," Vic said quietly to himself,"Breathing in smoke, the red sunset. The sunset turning red behind the smoke." we looked at him, and he softly sang.

"I breathe you in with smoke, in the backyard lights
We used to laugh until we choked
Into the wasted nights
It was the best time of my life, but now I sleep alone
So darling don't don't wake me up cuz my thrill is gone
And now the sunset's turning red behind the smoke
Forever and alone"

We all clapped.
"Alright Vic!" I cheered. Jaime whistles and Mike swung his fist in the air.
Tony cheer,"Yeah!"
Yes, this caused a lot of stares and glares but hey, why the fuck would we care?
"I love how you used that smoke reference and the scenery. The rest of the lyrics came up in that genius head of yours."
"Haha, actually Dan, those lyrics are inspired my you and this turtle over here." I looked a little confused, thinking about the lyrics he just sang and debating on whether that was a good thing. I mean, it made sense..
The pizza place was coming into view. I felt a tap on my shoulder, I looked back at Jaime.
He mouthed,"Let's talk."
I kissed Tony on the cheek again and walked beside Jaime in the far back.
"You rang?"
"Yeah, so umm..."Jaime thought for a moment,"you and Vic talked."
"Yeah,"
"So um, what was wrong?" he whispered.
"Oh, um it was nothing. It was just a confidence thing,"
"Okay, I was worried. I mean, he's been...unhappy a lot lately. It's almost like he's been avoiding me."
"It's okay, Jaime. He's okay, he just had some confidence issues," I whispered.
"Whoever his girlfriend is she's not doing a good job," he sounded more be was telling himself this,"Vic's too great too feel bad about himself." I looked at Jaime, in disbelief, but quickly looked at the ground, or parking lot rather. Everyone was quiet as we walked in the pizzeria, meaning everyone was in their own little bubble.
"Me and Danni can pick a table," said Mike,"Plus it's something ordering food, it's just so bleh..."
So I guess it was me and Mike's time to talk.
"So even tatted Jesus get's awkward."
"'Tatted Jesus'?" he repeated taking off his sunglasses and hat.
"Yeah, because the beard and the long hair makes you look like Jesus, plus the tattoos so.."
"Never heard that one before..."
"Really?"
"Naw, now that I think about it."
I laughed,"Maybe this one." It was one of those corner seats, with the cushions.
"Sure," he said and we sat,"I actually have to ask you something."
"Sure."
"My brother," oh god,"What was wrong with him?"
"Mike, he was just-" I looked at him, I couldn't lie to him, that's his brother. But I also couldn't tell him,"I think you should ask him."
"I tried, a lot of times. I just-" I saw and tear forming in his eye. No Mike, don't cry please,"I want him to be okay. I mean he's my brother, I love him more than anything. He wouldn't even tell me."
I hugged Mike as tight as I could,"Mike, he's okay. Just ask him what was wrong and he'll tell you this time."
"Dan, thank you for helping my brother. Thanks a lot."
"No problemo. I'm always here for you guys," I said.
The guys came back walking like super models down a cat walk. They stopped at our table and struck a pose.
"Werk it!" I yelled.
"Oh my god. You guys are embarrassing," Mike smiled.
"Look who talking, tattooed Mexican Jesus," Tony came back.
"Ooooh," said Vic and Jaime.
"Look who's talking, tattooed Mexican turtle," said Mike.
"At least my driver's license doesn't look like a drunk three year old wrote with their foot."
"Ooooh,"exclaimed Jaime
"Need some ice for that burn bro!" Vic exclaimed
"Alright Perry,you win this round."
Tony put his fists in the air victoriously, then sat next to me. Jaime sat next to Mike and and Vic next to Jaime. Across the table I could see Vic smile uncontrollably, and I saw Jaime glance at him out the corner of his eye. They have no idea of their skinny love.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter's short and kinda weird but...I thought I'd might put in something nice about Vic and Jaime...