Stole My Heart

two

After the meeting with Mr. Smith on Wednesday and discussing all the require information we needed to get started, he mentioned that I would start working right away. How could someone call it work if they were doing what they loved and at a young age? Mr. Smith said I would start off dancing for a band on their tour. He never mentioned who, though. They were a fairly new group and that this was their very first headline tour.

I was excited, to say to least. Mr. Smith called me Thursday evening and told me I had to meet him, along with the rest of dancers and the band, at Syco Entertainment Headquarters on Saturday. I couldn't believe how fast everything was going but waiting for Saturday to come was agonizing. Was it possible that my dreams were already around the corner? Sometimes, I found myself smiling at the most random times, not fully aware of it, knowing that I was so close to making.

Saturday had arrived faster than I had expected and I was eternally grateful for it. Quickly getting ready and making sure I had all of my essentials, I left the apartment, practically in a sprint, and made my way to the middle of London. For only living in London a couple of months, I navigated the streets well and it was easy to find the tall, music building. It was actually the only building that read Syco. I smiled and mentally jumped with joy, rushing into the building

Once I stepped through the double doors, though, I grew extremely nervous. Everything seemed as if it were made of glass. The white, marble floors with stainless windows were no comparison to the beautifully lit, crystal chandelier hanging on the ceiling in the middle of the lounge. Looking around, I noticed many people dressed in suits and khakis with their hair neatly pulled or slicked back. I quickly looked down and crossed my arms over my body. Almost immediately, I regretted wearing jeans, tennis, and a tight fitted sweatshirt. I felt completely out of place and had a strong urge to just run and hide in a corner. However, I shook my head and took a deep breath, trying to shake off the never ending nerves.

I walk towards the receptionist’s desk, noticing her flawless features and pinned back hair similar to everyone else in the lounge. “Can you tell me where Brian Smith is?” I asked the woman.

She didn’t bother to look up from the magazine she was reading. “Take the elevator to the 8th floor and it’s the third door to your right, down the hall,” the receptionist said, her nonchalant voice almost putting me to sleep.

“Thank you,” I casually said, walking towards the elevator. The 8th floor seemed uninteresting as I made my way through the hall. The white walls and red, shagged carpeting were the only things that stood out. I finally found the third door and debated whether or not to knock. Shrugging, I latch on to door knob and open it. I could have sworn that a million heads turn towards me as I walked into what looked like a conference room. My eyes grew wide as I froze on the spot. The people were sitting around a circular table making me feel as if I had just interrupted a very important meeting. No one said anything to me or towards each other for a couple of minutes and I merely stared down at my feet. Over the years, I’ve realized that for a dancer, I hated being the center of attention when it came to socializing.

"Ah, Anissa!” The comforting voice of Mr. Smith echoed throughout the room. That seemed to snap everyone out of their reveries and I finally looked, smiling at him.

“Come sit. There’s a chair next to me here.” I immediately followed his directions and walked towards the back of the room where the only empty chair was, the one Mr. Smith was pointing to. On a whim, I would have guessed that a least twenty or so people were in here. Some were dressed in suits, while others were dressed casual, making me feel a lot better about my outfit choice. “Everyone, this is Anissa. She’s the young lady I’ve been raving on about,” Mr. Smith gushed. My cheeks turned red with embarrassment an appreciation for the compliment but I looked down and twiddled my thumbs. I heard a few snickers around the room before it got quite once again.

When it was quiet, I glanced up to see a couple of approving stares but also glares coming from the other dancers. Was it jealousy, maybe?

A lady in the room stood up and walked around the table. She wore a white, button up blouse tucked into a black pencil skirt. Her graceful walk made it look easy wearing six inch black pumps.

"My name is Grace,” This is where I saw the irony in her and I inwardly laughed. “And this is One Direction," she pointed to five guys who were at the other end of the table. One had shaggy brown hair that was swept to the side, almost covering his blue eyes. The one next to him had short blonde hair, fair skin and baby blue eyes as well. Two of the five boys had curly hair, though one had darker hair and sparkling green eyes while the other boy had brown eyes. The last boy also had big brown eyes, long eye lashes and dark brown hair.

There was a chorus of "hellos" and "hi's" from the five boys.

"Louis, Niall, Liam, Zayn and Harry." Grace introduced them pointing to each one of them. "This is the band you girls will be dancing for. We are currently organizing their UK Tour," The boys' smiles grew wide as they looked at each other a twinkle in each one of their eyes. “And it will be a hit,” she finished off.

I couldn't help but stare at the five boys. They were so good looking that it took my breath away. One of them noticed my staring, the green-eyed boy, and I quickly looked away but not before I saw his cute dimples forming.

"Monday Morning," Grace started, looking at every person in the room. “Is the start of the tour. We have three months to get the songs, blocking, and dances down. Not to mention lighting and everything else in between.” We had a little over three months to learn maybe 12 dances? I couldn't believe it but I wasn't dreading it either. I was the most excited I've ever been. I looked to Mr. Smith who was beaming at the seven girls in the room.

"Meeting dismissed," Grace called out. "Dancers, you will meet at the studio right down the street at 8. Remember, Monday morning." Grace warned. The dancers and I nodded feverishly, not wanting to get on her bad side. Grace then turned towards the boys. "You five will meet here at 8 to rehearse your songs and then we'll move on to the studio."

Grace then rushed out of the room, followed by a couple more people who were most likely helping her organize the tour. I gathered my stuff and told Mr. Smith I was off. He nodded and smiled warmly at me, engaging in an intense conversation with the lady sitting right next to him.
The room was close to empty as I walked towards the door. A couple dancers stayed back to flirt with the five boys and that made me roll my eyes. We were here to dance, not flirt, I thought. I was positive that I wasn’t the only one serious about dancing, but it looked like I was, for now at least.

I looked back into the conference room once I was in the bleak hallway. I wished I didn't because I could’ve sworn I saw a pair of green, twinkling orbs, staring me down, a slight smirk on the curly haired boy's lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
You've met the boys ! (: Yay..

Once again, thank you so so so so so much for reading, commenting, and subscribing! I am extremely please and happy. I hope you like this chapter. x