Stole My Heart

three

I entered the dance studio bright and early on Monday morning. It wasn’t 8 and it looked as if I was the first one there. As soon as I walked in, I was standing in a spacious yet comfortable lounge with big bean bag chairs at every corner and neon colored walls. It was like a shot straight out of a 80s music video. There was a man sitting behind a desk, headpiece in ear, talking animatedly. He noticed me and pointed me towards the hallway. I walked down the hall and noticed two doors on either side of me. One room had a sign that read "dance" stuck to the mahogany door. Shrugging, I went inside and was met with a guy moving his butt in a seductive manner. My eyes grew wide and I coughed to get his attention. He immediately stopped and turned to look at me.

"Ah, good, someone's here early. I'm Raul and I'll be your choreographer," Raul said in one breath, bouncing on the balls of his feet. His energetic mood lifted my spirits, slightly waking me up. He wasn't from around me, I noticed. He had the same American accent as I did.

"I’m Anissa," I said, dropping the pink sports bag that was hanging from my shoulder on the floor. I was wearing a loose fitted, gray top with snug sweats and tennis; my favorite outfit to dance in.

"I'm very excited, aren't you?" I laughed and nodded. Raul's bright blue eyes glittered with joy and happiness, making me slightly jealous at how happy he was. "Go on and stretch. We have a long day ahead of us"

I walked to a random corner in the room, realizing that the studio looked exactly like the room I auditioned in.

It was ten minutes later when everyone else filed into the room. The girls, dressed similarly to me, wore intimidated looks on their faces but their chatter never ceased.

"Welcome girls," Raul yelled, getting their attention. He was standing in front of the floor to ceiling mirrors, raising his arms in delight. "I'm Raul, the choreographer for the tour. Yes, I am from America, Minnesota to be exact where my boyfriend of three years currently resides," he said with a wink. There were a chorus of giggles and groans and I just smiled in realization. "Now, we're going to start right away with a warm up and quick stretch."

We all scurried off into three lines just as an upbeat song started to play. "Everyone follow me." I took a deep breath and stared at Raul through the mirror. Almost immediately, Raul started to move very quickly, his feet gracefully stepping to the beat, his arms swaying above his head and around. It was easy to follow him; I didn't break a sweat and it looked like the other girls didn't either.

"Okay, I'm going to show you all an eight count. I'll do it three times, slowly then mid-tempo and then tempo. I expect you to get it right away. I mean, you are professional dancers after all."

A feeling of pride swelled inside of me and I inwardly smiled to myself. I was a professional dancer now-my only dream to ever come true.

"5, 6, 7, 8...."

-----------
After two hours of nonstop dancing, Raul had taught the main dance to the song "What Makes You Beautiful”.

"Good job girls! You've earned yourself a 15 minute break," Raul smiled and left the room. I slumped to the floor, out of breath with sweat forming on my forehead. I wasn’t the only one on the ground either. All around me, dancers fell in exhaustion or leaned against one another. I was on the ground for a good five minutes before I heard the door open. I groaned, not believing that our fifteen minute break was over. But it wasn’t Raul who came back into the room.

A shrill cry came from the girl sitting next to me and I immediately sat up, thinking something horrible was happening. Instead, the five most gorgeous guys had casually walked into the room, smiles on their faces and hands in their pockets.

“Hi girls,” the blonde one, Niall I remembered, said, waving at us. Gasping, I crossed my arms as I realized what a mess I was. Not everyone cared how they looked, though, seeing as how every female immediately rushed towards them. Their eyes grew wide, a hint of fear in the five boys, but they quickly recovered and coolly smiled at the girls. I stayed back, not wanting to grab their attention and went into my sports bag grabbing a water bottle.

I was playing it cool, that was plainly obvious, but we shouldn't crowd the boys. I was sitting on floor, playing with my phone when I felt a pair of eyes staring at me. Looking up from my phone, I noticed the same bright, green eyes staring intently at me. I gasped, dropping my phone on the floor. A couple heads turned towards me and gave me death glares before ignoring me all together.

I was about to turn away myself when Raul walked in, a gleam in his eye and a large smile on his face.

"Good!" he exclaimed, forcing me to look at him. "The boys are here. Alright girls, line up," Raul said, walking to the front of the room. I got up from the floor and took my place in the second row.

"Boys, come here." he waved towards them and they made their way to next to Raul. I kept my head down, not wanting to make eye contact with any one of them. "Grace had thought of the wonderful idea to have one of you dance during Mr. Harry Styles' solo." there were murmurs and gasps and faint squeals all around the room. "You will compete for the spot starting now."

Music started blasting from the speakers and I closed my eyes, seeing the dance we just learned perfectly in my head. I swayed with the beat, ignoring everyone around me, blocking out every sound a part from the music. I got every step down on the correct beats and put in an extra flare.

Deep down, I wanted to dance next to the green-eyed boy. It was an annoying feeling in my stomach that practically forced me to put forth my all.

"Anissa," I heard my named being called and I immediately stopped staring around the room. Everyone stopped dancing as well, staring intently at me.

Was I that bad? I wondered in disbelief. "Congratulations." Raul smiled. I stood in my spot, too stunned to move. I finally looked up to see Raul nodding at the five boys all whom had a smile plastered on their faces.

"Seriously?" I asked, my own smile radiating off my face. Raul just nodded and that was when I ran up and hugged him tightly. He laughed, patting me on the back before I let go.

I turned to the boys, still smiling on delight and introduced myself. "I'm Anissa."

"Harry." the deep, husky voice sent chills up my spine. I looked up at him, his green eyes holding a hint of playful mischief hidden within then. This was the first time we were close to each other and before now, I never noticed how gorgeous he was.

There was a cough behind me and I immediately looked away from Harry, turning towards the others.
"I'm Niall." I smiled, noticing his boyish charm and cute smile.

"I'm Zayn," he said, not looking into my eyes. I cocked my head to the side but didn't say Anthony.

"Hello, I'm Liam." he said, giving me a big hug, causing me to laugh.

"Hi love, I’m Louis," he smiled, shaking my hand in the process. "You have really soft skin." he admired, and I raised an eyebrow, unsure of how to respond.

Raul stopped me from almost insulting him, though, by yelling towards us. "Harry, get into the middle of the room with everyone else in back of him. Anissa, keep your back to him. We're going to choreograph his solo."

I stood where Raul told me to stand, keeping my back towards Harry. We were about five feet apart, but it felt a bit more intimate. His eyes were boring into my head, and I had no idea why.

"Harry," Raul started. "I want you to grab a hold of Anissa's hand and pull her towards you when you start singing." Harry nodded, momentarily taking his gaze off me. I was just staring at the ground, nervous to look through the mirror and see everyone in the room staring at us. "Anissa, I want you to make your body movements dramatic and angelic like." I nodded as well, understanding what he meant. "And go!"

The music to "WHAT MAKES YOU BEAUTIFUL" started playing. I took a deep breath and finally looked up, immediately finding Harry's eyes. I stared, wide-eyed as I suddenly felt his smooth fingers interlock with mine. He pulled me back, ever so gently.

I felt his hot, minty breath against my face as he started singing. His sensual voice sent shivers up and down my body. His face was so close to proximity to mine that I felt his curly hair tickle my forehead. My dancing came subconsciously to me as I felt too preoccupied to actually think about it.

"That’s perfect, Anissa," I hear Raul yell, but I hardly paid him any attention. I stepped closer to Harry, not knowing where I got that burst of confidence from. I started dancing around him, slow and sensual, his eyes following my every move. Harry turned around, finishing his small solo staring at me wide eyed with a smug smirk upon his face. My arms were placed on his shoulders but I slowly let them fall to my sides.

There was an echo of cheers and applause from the boys, Raul and even some of the dancers.

"That was amazing!" Liam hollered, coming towards us and clapping his hands on both of Harry and my back. I grinned and jokingly bowed, which earned a laughed from Louis and Niall. Zayn smiled and clapped at me.

"You are beyond an amazing dancer, Anissa," Zayn gushed, making me blush.

"You really are something," Harry whispered into my ear from behind. I jumped in surprise as I felt his hand on my waist, making me blush even harder.

"Okay, everyone!" Raul interrupted. We are going to run through the whole song again. Boys stand in the front, dancers, anywhere behind them. And begin..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Meh, some ending right? I don't like it, but hey. How did you like this for the first day?
Incase you didn't already know, this story line is taking place in in the past and what not. (:

AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE LOVELY COMMENTS. THEY LITERALLY MAKE MY DAY. x