Status: krovi-power!!

Krovi.

a visit from an old friend.

Image

“Oren! Don’t you run away from me!”

I knew running from him would be futile, but I wanted to bring him away from the humans, from Kristen.

Why? Because it’s my job to kill her, not his.

“Oren!” The voice shouted and before I could react, I was tackled to the ground. We tumbled through the woods for a few moments before he pinned me down.

“Don’t I get a hug hello, old friend?” The man didn’t appreciate my humor and slapped the smirk clear off my face. Typically this kind of contact didn’t faze me, but this man had cold, powerful hands that left an unpleasant, yet not unfamiliar, sting across my face.

“How’s that for a hello, old friend.”

He stepped up, brushing off his dark red trench coat as he shot a fierce glare my way. “You should’ve known better Oren. You should’ve anticipated my arrival for some time now.”

I hid my concern with sarcasm. “You could’ve called, you know. This century has a marvelous way of doing tha-”

His hand was around my neck before I could finish my sentence, shoving my body against a tree with superior force. His eyes, a sinister shade of red, stared deep within mine and sent a wave of pain through my entire being. I could feel my limbs contorting at his will, my bones twisting in an unnatural fashion, commanding a howl from the back of my throat.

“Do not toy with me, Oren.” He grasp tightened. “You know better than to defy me.”

After several antagonizing moments of enduring the sound of bones grinding, he released me. My weakened body collapsed onto the ground, as if I were some old piece of clothing, worn and ripped.

“Dr-Dragos...” I muttered.

“Not so funny now, is it Oren?” Dragos snickered as he put his hands in his pockets. He took this opportunity to send a devastating kick to my back, then another, just for good measure.

“The Counsel is not pleased with your recent decisions...” He circled me, like a shark around a fresh pool of blood. “And as head of The Counsel, I thought you’d understand the gravity of your situation if I told you directly, since you’ve made it apparent you want nothing more than to piss us off.”

The Counsel of Incubus dictated what the rest of us did. Since the beginning of time it seems; the Counsel has reigned over the vampire world. Some say they spawned from the Underworld after Lucifer obtained rule. Some say they formed from the remains of some of the most uncontrollable demons of all time, such as the ones that dwelled within Judas and Nero. I personally think they’re just a bunch of cocky assholes trying to hold order over the disorderly. Though I must admit, they create balance between all societies on this planet, allowing us all to coexist somewhat peacefully.

Well, at least until I came along.

Dragos ran his hand through some of his platinum blonde hair, troubled as our current circumstance. He exhaled. “Do you know how idiotic it is to become so attached to a human?! Do you care little for the well-being of your kind?!”

I felt another jab to my back along with what sounded like a snap. “Humans are meant for food and transformation, they’re not an opportunity to regain some sick fantasy,” Dragos flipped me over so he could lean in close, burning me with his words, “with your dead, precious Yelena.”

Hatred boiled within me as I tried to swipe Dragos face, but my body was too weak for such aggression right now. Dragos snickered. “Yes, hideous of me to mention your decaying mistress, but the fact still remains. Associating with a human can evolve into something devastating, something disgusting that can ruin our society. I will not let our nation fall because of you, you arrogant fuck.”

Dragos seized me off the ground and dangled me in the air like a rag doll. My entire body was mutilated, broken by his harsh words and harsher attacks. Still I tried to wriggle out of his grasp, but his grip only tightened. His eyes pierced deep within mine as he spoke. “If you don’t dispose of that human within a fortnight, I will not only kill her, I will torture you in the most gruesome ways imaginable, use your head as my table’s centerpiece. And then” A sick flare of glee sparked through those eyes, “I will find Yelena’s corpse and fuck it in front of your rotting head.”

The immense rage I felt was unbelievable. Dragos could sense me preparing for a response, so he used his powers to constrict me once more. I screamed as he controlled my head to move in a nod. Dragos grinned and with extreme force, threw me back on the ground. He bowed before me, mocking my feeble state. “I’ll be seeing you soon, Oren.”

And with that, he disappeared.

The wounds Dragos left bound me to this spot for at least two days. With staggering motions I pound my fist on the ground and screamed. He knew exactly how to infuriate me so I’d follow his commands.

For now all I could do was wait; wait and think.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kudos to my wonderful and lovely co-writer for, once again, giving us an awesome chapter from Oren’s POV!! She’d been feeling a bit sick lately, so we should all hope her the best of luck in getting well soon (:

Dudette, you’re a wonderful co-writer and I am happy I was able to share this story with someone as awesome as you!!