Status: krovi-power!!

Krovi.

devilish voices.

Image

I looked over the edge of the cliff and slightly gasped; it was a long way down to the water. I carefully edged away and walked back to a safer spot; sitting on the cold dirt ground. I looked at the tall trees behind me which made a cage-looking half circle around where I sat.

I sighed and looked down at my watch; it was five o’clock in the evening and I had just gotten here. After Dave practically told me that he would take no part of searching for the ‘thing’ that killed those guys; I decided to come to the cliff myself.

The cold autumn air suddenly blew my long black hair over my head and into my face and chills ran up my spine. And then, I heard a voice echo in the surroundings; it was deep and a raspy, surely a male’s.

“Krovi…” It said.

I quickly stood up and stumbled to get to my feet. I looked around left and right but saw nothing. After a few seconds I thought I had just imagined it, but then it spoke again.

“Glupye devushki…” It whispered.

“What?” I shrieked to myself, not understanding; it was in another language I didn’t know a word of.

“Krovi devushka…” It said once more.

Suddenly, lightning pounded through the air and everything became dark. Waves of strong gusts of air hit my body, causing me to stumble towards the edge of the cliff. I screamed bloody murder as I clawed at the loose dirt; trying to keep myself from rolling off the side.

“Kristen…” The voice whispered forcing me to look up.

A few feet away I could see a silhouette; it was human like. It was dark so I wasn’t able to distinguish its face but I could see what seemed like its eyes. They were like two fireflies in the night’s mists, dancing against black shadows.

And though my heart was commanding I scream for help, my head did the opposite; I knew I didn’t want that thing near me, not on the edge of a cliff.

But something else happened; something far worse. A girl, just a few years older than me came stumbling out from behind the trees. I knew her from the only existent motel in town; she was the receptionist and her name was Sarah.

I kept clawing up to safer ground as the girl screamed louder and louder. I looked back over to her and saw that that thing was now chasing her. It was quick and elegant in its movements; and not a minute later, it had Sarah in its grasps.

I was finally able to pull myself to my feet again and I began to run towards them in a pathetic and unrealistic attempt to save her life.

“Hey!” I screamed at them; the thing was giving its back towards me.

I could see Sarah’s body convulsion under her attacker’s strong hold.

“Hey, leave her alone!” I repeated, throwing a small stone towards it.

It hit the side of its head and it instantly turned towards me; growling like a wild animal. I stumbled back and saw Sarah’s body suddenly fall to the ground; she was feet away but I could still make out her body.

My heart sank at that moment. I could feel my stomach tie up in millions of knots and bile menace to escape my mouth; my heart was pumping blood and beating louder than ever.

That very second, as I made out Sarah’s lifeless eyes and ripped out throat, it began to rain. Drops the size of small ice cubes began to fall as the wind whipped the wet water in my face; I ran faster than I had ever ran in my entire life.

I slipped over the mud, I stumbled over stones and tree trunks; I fell to my knees and onto my side as I slid down the mountain side towards town. The bitter smell of blood and vomit filled the air as I approached the beginning of town; the scrapes and cuts and bruises hurt like millions of needles in my skin.

My legs were beginning to give in and my chest hurt as I forced oxygen in and out of my lungs. But only a few feet away was Joe’s Diner; safety.

Tears stung my eyes and mixed with the rain drops as they hit my cheeks; only a few steps left.

I re-opened my eyes and shoved open the Diner’s doors with all my might and stumbled through the entrance. I hit the ground hard and rolled a few times before crashing to a stop against the counter.

People all around the diner began to gasp and run towards me; including Dave and my father.

“Kris, Kristen!” They hollered; my father pushing me onto my back.

I opened my eyes and finally realized what had just happened. I jolted upright and began to scream like a mad person.

“It… it killed her, it killed her dad! Oh my God, oh my God!” I screamed.

“Hey, honey, take it easy! Who killed who?” He asked grasping my shoulders tightly.

“Sarah, Sarah Miller, it killed Sarah Miller!” I screamed, banging my hand against my forehead.

Gasps filled the air in shock and confusion towards my words; they huddled around me and dad to see what else I had to say.

“It-it… it was a person, but it was not human!” I shrieked, still in complete shock.

I could see out of the corner of my eye that Dave was watching me, completely worried and surely lamenting himself for not going with me to the cliff.

“Okay honey, take it easy.” My dad said, turning towards the crowd.

Dave looked at him and walked in closer.

“Get her a glass of water and a towel or something for her to dry herself off with.” Dad demanded.

Dave nodded and swept past the accumulating crowd. Joe, the owner of the diner swept through and over to us as well.

“What was it like?” He asked curiously.

“He-he looked dark and had shining eyes, like fireballs! He killed her!” I screamed again, breaking down completely in my father’s arms.

“Shhhh, there, there honey. It’s okay.” Dad whispered as he cradled me on the cold tiled floor.

Image


“Kristen…” The deep voice called out to me.

I woke up in my bed and looked around me; I was in my room and it was night out.

“Who’s there?” I whispered.

“Idi Suda.” It repeated.

“I don’t understand you!” I screamed desperately.

“Krovi…” It said once again.

“Ugh!” I screamed, pulling the sheets off my bed.

I jumped off; my bare feet hitting the cold wooden floor. I slowly walked over to the entrance of my bedroom and turned the knob cautiously. It creaked open and I peeked into the hallway; nothing.

“Hello?” I whispered.

“Kristen, he-help me.” A familiar voice called out; it was my dad.

I let out a low gasp and followed the direction where the voice came from. I skipped down the stairs and stood at the bottom of the case for a moment.

“Kris…” My dad’s voice echoed again, this time coming from the living room.

I quickly rushed over to the room and when I stepped in, I screamed.

“Dad!” I repeated, rushing over to him.

He was lying on the floor, bloody and with deep wounds. He was spitting out blood and trying to sit up.

Tears slipped down my cheeks as I tried to stop the bleeding, but it was no use; the wounds were too severe.

“Daddy, what happened to you?” I whispered, hugging him and not caring I would be drenched in his blood.

“He-he…” His voice faded out.

“Dad?” I asked, pulling away from his face.

I looked down at him and began to cry even more; he was dead.

“Dad! No, no, no!” I screamed, pounding my hands against his chest.

Suddenly, a loud growl erupted through the room. I pulled back and began to run into the kitchen in hopes to find a knife or something to defend myself against whatever was in my house.

“Haaaaa!” I screamed as I turned the corner and jumped into the kitchen.

Inside was Dave’s body piled over Officer Berry’s and Doc’s as well. Their eyes were torn out and their heads seemed flimsy and loose on their necks.

“Oh my God, oh my God…” I whispered, my hand covering my face.

I backed into the counter and accidently pushed a box of silverware onto the floor; everything clanked on the tile floor.

“Shit!” I hissed, turning around and trying to pick it up.

But I didn’t even get a chance to bend over when something very strong grasped my arms.

“Let me go!” I screamed, kicking at whatever was behind me.

“Shhhh, hush now little girl.” It said with the same deep voice I had been hearing; a thick accent I couldn’t quite put my finger on.

“Who are you?” I asked, my voice shaky.

Once I said that, I was whipped around to face my attacker; I couldn’t see his face but I could see those eyes… silver and bright.

“No… please!” I screamed as the attacker bit down on my neck; injecting excruciating pain through my body.

Suddenly, I sat up, screaming and kicking into nothing; absolutely nothing.

“What?” I asked myself, looking around my room.

There was nothing and everything was as silent as death. In the heat of pure reassurance, I broke down and cried; I cried like a newborn baby, confused by the world.

“Kristen?” My dad’s voice erupted through the room.

I looked up; he was alive and okay.

“Daddy!” I hollered.

I held up my arms up to him like a small, frightened child. He took me into his arms and hugged me.

“It’ll be okay, calm down.” He reassured.

And that was the last thing I heard from him before instantly falling back asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah, so you guys are probably like: WTF are those things the vampire is saying...

well, it's russian xD

I didn't put the meanings of any of the words in yet because in the next chapter our kristen will be looking into that... so hope you guys enjoy!! Thanks for the two comments and 3 subbs!! :)