Status: krovi-power!!

Krovi.

blood lust

Image

It was nearing dawn. I tossed aside my third rabbit carcass, scrunching up my nose at the small creature. Animal blood was still blood, but it was equivalent to a human’s diet soda. When need be it could quench a thirst, but it just didn’t taste the same.

I could’ve easily sucked another human dry, but I wanted them to gain their sense of security back. It was entertaining to watch them chase their own tails, attempt to convict something they consider a myth.

Makes me laugh.

Though the sun was approaching fast, the sky was still concealed by night’s veil. I stepped in front of the wretched, run down dumps these people call a house. They were small, creaking, flimsy looking things, nothing compared to my villa back home. I often wondered how they managed to survive in such conditions. I’ve been undead for so long, I’ve completely forgotten what it’s like to be human.

I sometimes wonder if I ever was.

With the utmost ease I slithered through the window, gliding through the rooms like a shadow on the wall. Being human seemed like a tedious burden; breathing every second, dependent on a vulnerable muscle to keep you alive, susceptible to predators and ailments; they’re open targets. And those supposed superior minds? They’re clouded by adrenaline rushes and nerve impulses. Anger, sadness, fear...all these “humane” qualities are mere setbacks.

That’s the wonderful thing about being a vampire. All those impulses vanish when your heart stops beating. Nothing matters but the objective. We can finally use our minds for something progressive, something more powerful.

What is it the humans say? You can do anything if you put your mind to it?

I bet whatever said that wasn’t human.

I stood at the end of the bed and watched. There she was, sleeping. So unaware, so calm. It amazed me, really. The whole sleeping concept was intriguing. Vampires aren’t required physical rest on a daily basis, only if they choose to do so, or if they’ve endured serious physical trauma. Rest is the quickest way to heal what would typically be considered a deadly wound.

But no, humans, weak as they are, must sleep every night. I liked to watch them; especially this one. I hovered over the girl, nearly inches away from her slumbering figure. Up, down, up, down. My eyes followed her chest as she breathed. It was dangerous for me to be this close to her. Not out of concern that she would wake up...

Because that blood smelled so damn good.

I placed my finger against her cheek, her warmth radiating against my cold skin. Her face was smooth, delicate, like the pedal of a flower. My hand trailed down her face and on to her neck. Her veins pulsed, each beat sending a small shiver down my spine. My pupils dilated, my mouth watered.

I wanted to taste, but knew I had to wait.

To prevent myself from gnawing her neck right then and there, I moved my hand down to her chest. Each my fingertips circled around her beating heart. I closed my eyes for a moment. The beats were melodic, soothing almost, being like none I’ve ever heard before; odd coming from such a brash young girl.

I snapped out of my trance and looked upon her face again. Pretty little thing, isn’t she? She’d make a fine pet back at the villa, but I wanted this one for different reasons.

Pets never lasted anyway; they were snacks on leashes.

The sun was coming up. I took one more look at her sleeping frame before vanishing.

“Ты моя Кристен…”
♠ ♠ ♠
The last line means: You are mine Kristen. Just so you guys know  also, I want to thank all the people who have read this story so far, recced it and subbed.

But most of all I’d like to thank CaffeinatedKitty for writing Oren’s POV.. I LOVE YOU!!!! :D