Blue

The Outfit

Riley hesitantly joined her friends at their table. They sat waiting for her; each had a different look upon their ‘innocent’ faces. The evil bitches. Kendra, with her blond hair sat almost with a blank face, but those eyes held her feelings. She was almost glaring with jealousy but also looked smug like she was pissed Johnny chose Riley but she also got the benefits of a friend hooking up with the star football player and that, for her, meant parties and other football players.

Olivia couldn’t keep the excitement of her face. Her blue eyes, rimmed in black eye liner shined. Yes she thinks Johnny is hot, like every other girl would, but she’s said he’s not really her type. Most like she’s just ready to play stylist. To her, a happy friend means she’s happy. That means Olivia wants to make sure everything goes as near to perfect as possible.

Lindsay looked so happy she was about to burst. Her dark brown eyes couldn’t contain it. She was Riley’s best friend. She was just glad someone was interested in Riley. Riley hadn’t really dated anyone so Lindsay just wanted her to be happy.

Feeling defeated, Riley sat down. “Ok what do you have for me?”

The three girls looked at each other then Kendra started. “Well I want you to wear a skirt with a hot looking top.”

“But,” Lindsay broke in. “We don’t want you looking like a slut. So we ruled that out. I want you to wear your maroon crop tank to show your spirit.”

Their school colors were maroon, black, and white.

Riley nodded. “I can agree to that.”

She looked at Olivia. “And I think with that you should wear your Miss Me jean shorts with your black belt and boots.

Again Riley nodded.

“And you should wear your fox necklace,” Kendra put back in. “Because your going to look like a fox.”

“Vixen,” Riley corrected. “A female fox is called a vixen.”

Kendra rolled her eyes. “Whatever.”

Riley went through her outfit in her head. Ok, not bad. It could be worse.

“Ok I’m fine with it. What time does the game start?”

“Well since it’s a home game it starts at seven,” Kendra answered.

Riley started as she felt warm hands on her shoulders. She made a loud ‘yip’ then clamped her hand over her mouth. Looking up she saw Jeremy smirking.

“Jeremy what they hell!” Riley smacked him on the arm. “You scared the shit out of me you jerk!”

Jeremy laughed. “You looked tense so I thought I’d ease the tension.”

Riley shook her head and sighed. Olivia jumped up to give Jeremy a hug while Lindsay scooted over to make room for him. Kendra stayed silent. She still looked pissed off.

“Jeremy, are you going to the game with us?” Olivia asked.

“Of course, I couldn’t miss this kind of fun for the world.”