Status: Hopefully a better rewrite (fingers and hearts crossed)

Take This to Your Grave

Familiar faces

Seth had taken me to Derek's house where all our friends were. I called my dad after arriving and told him my plans. I had the cordless phone and moved towards the dining room, where it was empty.

My dad picked up the phone, "Dad, I'm going to stay out tonight."

"Where?" He asked.

"One of Seth's friends is going to do a show and I want to go. It's okay, right?"

"Yeah, just come home in one piece and not after 12. Understand?"

"Completely, dad. I'll be home when the band is over."

"Alright. Do you need anything; cash?"

"No," I answered, "Derek's mom made snacks," we both laughed. "I'm only gonna see a band at a party and then I'm comin' home."

"Don't drink."

"I'm not." I assured him truthfully.

"Don't get into a car with anyone who has been drinking either." He warned.

"I promise. I might get home late if I walk."

"If you got change, use a pay phone and I'll pick ya up."

"Alright. Love you dad."

"I love you, too."

I hung up with my dad and returned back to the group. Kate and I sat together and chit-chatted for a bit, while the boys played DJ with Derek's stereo and played tunes. There was a few girls there that I hadn't known yet, but seemed to know Derek, Seth and Eric pretty well. They were neighbors and went to a private school. I got along with them well after telling them I went to Catholic school.

After a few hours of hanging out, I went home with Kate so she could change. Seth told us he, Derek and Eric would pick is up at 7.

When we got there, the house was quiet, except for Chris who was playing video games in the living room. He was talking on the phone and waved to us as we passed. Kate tugged me upstairs and into her room; I sat on her bed and looked around, trying to avoid watching her get undressed and redressed.

"So, are you and Seth dating now?" She asked.

I picked at my nails; they were chipped and I had yet to repaint them. Well, Babette would usually paint them every two weeks for me. She liked to test everything out on me; she wanted to dye my hair next.

"No. We're suppose to go eat, but since I gotta get home early, we aren't."

"Do you like him like that?"

I shrugged, looking over at her desk literally with makeup and perfume bottles; "Like what? As boyfriend material?"

"Yeah."

"Kinda...he's cute."

"But he isn't Pete." She added with a snort.

"Nah," I lied, "I don't know...I would date him, I mean I should. I don't know, though."

"He likes you a lot," she hummed humorously. "Eric told me Seth's got the hots for you."

I rolled my eyes, "Uh-huh."

"He does!" She stood in front of me, changed in dark jeans and a tight black t-shirt.

I pulled the sleeves up on my long sleeve, "Yeah, I know."

"I think you should date him." She said smartly; "I'm gonna go wash my face, I'll be right back."

I nodded and laid back on her bed. Kate's room is like my own, but painted a deep purple and periwinkle shades on her windows. She had tons of stuffed animals on a shelf above her bed and posters of Leonard Dicaprio on one wall and the other with paintings she had done; she's a great artist. Her room seemed to have had more of a dimension than my own; you could see Kate living in this space. In mine, you'd think I was some old woman, all I was missing was the knitting basket. Kate was even cleaner than me; she's organized and I'm what they call an organized mess.

"Naomi," I heard Babette say as she entered Kate's room, "Can I ask you a favor?"

I sat up, "Sure."

She came in, "Don't tell Katy, but I need you as a model again."

"But, Kate's okay--"

She cut me off, "No, no, a real model. My boss is on my ass not believing I can do this shit in real life. He wants to meet you and see me work my magic."

I smiled a bit, teasing her; "Why doesn't he believe you? Don't you do a good job, Babette?"

"All the girls that come in are ugly. They don't take the product as well as you. He really wants to meet you, and he's like a talent scout, too."

I blinked, "But...I'm not a model, B."

"I know that," she patted my knee, "I told him so, but he wants to see you. Could you, like Monday after school?"

"Sure, but how come I can't tell Kate?"

Babette rolled her eyes, "She's been dying for me to tell Vincent that she has talent."

I smiled, giggling, "I won't tell."

"I'll even pick you up, I take my break at 3, so I can come by your house."

"Yeah, okay." I nodded, "I can make something up to tell Kate."

She grinned and hugged me, "Thank you so much, Naomi."

"No biggie, B."

She got up, waving and left the room; she said hello to Kate before jogging down the stairs. Kate came back into the room a moment later, "Call Seth up, I'll be finished soon."

"Alright."


The warehouse party was exactly like a party, but with a stage. There was a ton of people and loud music; a band was already playing when we arrived. It was about 9 when we had, and Seth was holding my hand again. I saw a few people I recognized from other shows and school. Though, I was comfortable with everyone, the one thing I hadn't liked was the fact that you could smell the booze from outside.

I had grabbed Seth's arm and told him that he wasn't going to drink. He had laughed and said he could handle it; "I'm the best drunk driver."

"That's not funny," I told him, "And being facetious isn't cute."

He frowned, "Loosen up, Naomi. It's Saturday."

"If you drink, I'm not getting in a car with you."

He sighed, "Okay, I won't drink. Maybe you should, celebrate for me."

"Nope." I crossed my arms, "No way."

That dimpled smile would've been the death of me. "C'mon, just one."

"My dad smells that shit on me, I'm dead."

"You shouldn't worry about what your dad thinks," he placed his arm around my shoulders, "Have fun."

I rolled my eyes, "You should know, Seth, I've heard that peer pressure speech before. I'm not stupid."

I was close to smacking him; I instead pushed his arm off of my shoulders and narrowed my eyes at him; "I never said you were." He charmed and shined his smile at me.

"I'm not drinking and neither are you," I affirmed with authority. "If you don't like it, then it sucks to be you." I reached into his jacket pocket and grabbed his keys.

He groaned, "Naomi, gimme my keys."

"Nope." I shoved them into my front pocket, "I'm drivin' tonight if you're gonna drink."

He rolled his eyes, I had the urge to smack him again.

"You're steppin' in shit, Seth. I'm about ready to smack you."

He laughed, "I'm sorry. Since you're driving, I'll get shit faced for you."

I didn't say anything else as we continued inside, where I saw the familiar faces. Seth went off and got drinks while I mulled around, looking for a friendly face. My heart nearly ripped from my chest when I spotted Pete. But, just as I was going to make my way over, I saw Leah slide in and wrap her arms around him. I stared for a few minutes before I turned, stoic, and went to find Seth.
♠ ♠ ♠
The future chapters are what I insanely look forward to writing.
I really want you all to read them, that's all :D