Status: Hopefully a better rewrite (fingers and hearts crossed)

Take This to Your Grave

Sex can wait; masturbate

The stares were all I got; sharp glares, like knives. I kept to myself, dissolving into a puddle of "Fuck you all". No one talked to me, except for Kate; they all talked to her, but when it came to me, I could've shoved a sword down my throat and not acknowledge me.

I did not mind it at all.

I didn't see Seth until lunch, and even then, he didn't look at me. I counted my lucky stars. Kate and I ate in the corner of the cafeteria talking. I explained my situation with Pete and told her what he gave me.

"Aw!" She cooed, "For such a jerk he knows how to apologize."

I smiled, "It was nice. I've never gotten anything so awesome before."

"So, you are you ever gonna make your move?" She urged.

"No. Me and Pete aren't like that." I shrugged after saying that.

"BS," she muttered. "You guys are so like that, and you don't even know it. He's in love with you, Naomi, Jesus Christ."

I couldn't help but to blush, and then I let it fall; "Yeah, so what? He's too old for me and my dad hates him."

"It's your life, not your dad's."

I exhaled, "Yeah, I know. But, I cannot be bothered with boys at the moment, I have to catch up with my classes."

"You're smart as hell, Naomi. You're the only person I know who could daydream through class and still get the right answers on the test."

"I do not daydream, I write notes."

She smirked, "Love notes to Pete Wentz."

I rolled my eyes, "You wish."

"Oh, honey, I know it's true. Ha, so there." She stuck her tongue out at me.

"I do not write him love notes. If anything, he writes me love notes."

Her eyes grew wide, "Does he really?"

I shrugged, "They aren't a declaration of love...they're little weird lines, Kate."

"Pete loves Naomi." She sang with a grin.

"Yeah, yeah." I mumbled to her singing.


School ended without any trouble; even gym was a breeze. I got out of doing push-ups due to my hand, and got to jog around the gym. PE was going to be in the gym anyway, the snow was getting thicker by the hour.

Again, I didn't make eye contact with Seth; none of his friends either. They had given me looks, but nothing else. I was happy that it was over; or that Seth had learned his lesson.

After school, I followed Kate out to the parking lot. I was going to go to her house, being as my dad and Amy wouldn't get off work until around 5. On the plus side, Pete would be there.

"Seth didn't say anything to you today?" Kate asked as soon as she pulled out of the parking lot.

"No. I'm hoping it stays that way."

"Fucker learned his lesson." Kate laughed. "Babette told me she gave you the pepper spray."

"Good looking out, I need to thank her."

Kate drove us to her house and parked out front. I spotted Pete standing outside the door, smoking a cigarette. I felt butterflies crack in my belly when I saw him; I waved as we walked up.

Kate winked at him, "Hey lover boy."

Pete exhaled his smoke with a raised brow. "You girls talk too much." He said with a small laugh.

I patted his cheek, "See ya, Wentz."

He tossed his cigarette and took hold of my arm, "Wait, I'm coming in."

He followed us in, and we all retreated into the living room. Babette grinned when she saw me, "Naomi, hey girly, guess what!"

I sat on the couch with Pete, "What?"

She dug into her purse and pulled out a mini catalog; she handed it to me, "Page 10."

I flipped through the pages and found it; my eyes grew wide when I saw my pictures, "What the hell?"

"The upcoming spring line!" Babette explained joyously, "You have to order them ahead of time, that's why your pictures are already in there. You look so gorgeous!"

Pete leaned over and looked; Kate sat on the arm of the couch and looked too; "Holy cow, Nay!"

"Damn, Naomi." Pete murmured near my ear; I felt goosebumps ripple over my skin. "When did you do this?"

"Two weeks ago." I replied. I looked at Babette, "How did they get it so fast?"

"Dunno," she answered with a shrug, "But they love you. They want you to do more."

I looked back down at the catalog, "Maybe."

Pete took the catalog from my lap, "Can I have this?"

Babette scoffed, "Uh, no."

"Too bad." He rolled it up and shoved it into the pocket of his sweats.

I shook my head at him. Babette just sighed, "I'll get more at work then."

"Naomi's famous," Kate said happily, "Locally, but still."

"I'm not famous." I sat back.

Pete put his arm over my shoulders, "Yes you are." He sang against my ear.

"You guys are weird." I grumbled.

Pete laughed and nuzzled his face against my neck, causing my skin to tickle; "Hey!" I whined, giggling.

Kate groaned; "Oh god, here they go."


Pete was the one to take me home, not before we parked in the wooded area behind our parents' houses and got high. It was a way we both relaxed without having to over extend the verbal thrashing of our problems. I didn't mind it, it was nice to be able to drift away for a while; I always made sure to spray his cologne on me to hide the smell.

Pete's eyes were hazy, I wasn't that far gone, just a bit. My hand played with his course hair, the hair line grown in thick and curly. "I hope my kids look like you."

"Our kids will." He stated with a lazy smile.

"I'm not marrying you, ya'know. We still got a bet."

He laughed, "I won that bet when you kissed me. You made up your mind on that beanbag chair, Navy...you're marrying me."

I scoffed, "In your fuckin' dreams."

"Always." He smiled.

We grew silent; the wind whipped around the car, whistling through the slit in the driver side window to rid the car of smoke. I looked at my watch, turning on the little light inside; "Shit, it's 10 to 6."

"So?"

"I have to go, my dad'll flip out." I opened his glove compartment; out fell receipts, car air fresheners, condoms, pens, balled up papers, and finally his cologne.

"Don't go." He moaned.

"I have to." I kissed his cheek.

Pete grabbed me by the jaw; forcibly, but not to hurt me, and kissed me deeply. I felt electricity through my bones and through my heart. I moaned softly; his tongue traced my bottom lip until I opened my mouth for his tongue to enter. I was that much closer to staying right here and giving him everything I got. I had to fight temptation; this wasn't the time or the place.

I reeled back, "I'm sorry." I panted.

He groaned, "Fuck, Navy."

I smiled at him, "You got that catalog. Jerk off."

He laughed, "Fine."

"Sex can wait, masturbate." I advised him.

Again, he was in a fit of laughter, "I love you, baby."

I got out the car, sprayed my body and hair, then tossed the cologne back in his car. I waved, "I'll see you, Peter."

He nodded, lighting a cigarette with that same goofy smile on his face.

I pulled my coat closer to my body as I began to track my way down through the dirt path. I managed to hit the block and hurry towards my house. I made it inside, lucky, before it began to rain.

"How was school?" My dad called just before I could jog up the stairs.

"It was fine." I replied, waiting to hear more.

"Did you get into any trouble?"

"No. He didn't even look at me, dad."

I heard his footsteps as he made his towards the stairs. "Amy should be done cooking. Come eat."

"Let me change first." I told him, "I'm starved, I'll be down in a second."

He looked at my squarely, "Are you alright?"

I nodded, "Just tired dad. I had a lot of work to catch up with Kate."

My dad hummed, "Your eyes are red. You sure you don't have pinkeye?

I laughed, "I'm sure, I'm just wiped out. I'll be down in a second."

My dad let me go upstairs; I chucked my rucksack onto my bed and began to change my clothes. I put eye drops in my eyes and made sure I didn't smell like pot before I went back downstairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
The reason I write about the weather a lot is because I LOVE the weather. I do, I do, I doooo! I should be a weather forecaster or something. Plus, I believe the weather goes with the tone of the chapter (well sometimes it does).
This update is basically a filler, I have something better up my sleeve, guys :)