Status: Hopefully a better rewrite (fingers and hearts crossed)

Take This to Your Grave

What would Lee say?

My little life couldn't have been anymore normal as the days passed. I wasn't really bothered at schools, though I did get looks. Seth seemed to avoid me at all costs, which was amazing. I had caught up with my work, my homework load was light when Halloween had come.

I was going to go to a house party with Kate for Halloween; Pete, Chris and Babette would be there too. I wasn't dressing up, even though Kate had begged me to. I just wanted to have fun, not freeze my ass off wearing some skimpy costume.

I really just wanted to be with Pete; he had been acting a lot weirder lately -in a good way. He was energetic and more affectionate towards me, though I knew he was sleeping around with that girl; I forget her name. It wasn't a secret; she had hickeys on his neck; I stopped kissing him after that. It didn't bother me too much; I tried not to think about it. I kept telling myself that he's just my friend; nothing more, nothing less.

I skipped down the stairs, waving to my dad upon Kate honking. "Be careful, Naomi! Remember what I said!"

"I will dad!" I pulled my coat on and slipped out the door.

The air was crisp and the snow had stopped falling; it was more hail every now and then. I hurried to Kate's car and got in; relishing in the warmth. I looked at her, noticing her clothing in the dim lighting; "What're you?"

"A nurse." She said, "I have the hat and everything."

I shook my head and laughed. "Good for you, Katy."

"I still think you should've dressed up."

"Nah, I'm good." I tapped my casted fingers against my lap, "I can't wait till these come off. I haven't bent my fingers in ages."

"I wonder if your knuckles are ultra hairy." She laughed.

"Probably." I said as I looked the cast over.

Not too long later, we got to the party; the music was loud and you could see people in costumes hurrying in. Kate and I followed their lead, and were met with humid warmth inside. The house was large, but there was so many people and lots of noshing around to loud music. Kate and I headed towards the kitchen to get a drink and put our coats down. I spotted Pete in the corner of the kitchen, near the sink, with a red plastic cup in his hand.

"Hey," I said over the music. "Get me a drink."

He smirked at me, "You shouldn't be drinking, Naomi. What would Lee say?"

Pete was drunk. I frowned slightly, "Pete, how many drinks have you had?"

"Two." He replied. "I took some pills."

I furrowed my brow, "Pills? What kind of pills?"

"Yellows and blues." He said. "I have yours too. I stole 'em."

I was highly, highly confused. "Peter, listen to me, I'm going to take you outside, alright?"

"Cold air makes me drunker." He informed with a lazy smile.

"Is he okay?" Kate asked.

I looked to her and shook my head, "He took pills. I'm gonna take him outside to throw up."

Kate nodded, "I'll be in there if you need me."

I turned to Pete, "Hey, come on, babe. Put your arm 'round me so I can take you outside."

"I'm drunk."

"You're high, not drunk." I told him.

I practically dragged Pete towards the patio, outside and over the side of the patio. "Wrench." I told him.

"I can't."

"Pete, please." I begged.

He let go of me and then stuck his finger down his throat. He threw up easily; the dissolved pills made a slimy green color over the banister and dew covered grass. He groaned, "Happy?"

I patted his back, "You need to get to a bed."

He laughed, "You tryna seduce me, Naomi?"

"In your dreams."

"I always dream about you, you know that?" He stood up straight, wiping his filthy mouth with the sleeve of his hoodie. "All the time. I tell my friends and they laugh. They don't know."

I frowned, "Peter, let's get you home, alright? You need to rest...I'll even stay with you."

He smiled, "Will you?"

"Yes. Now, gimme your keys, I'll take you home."

He fished into his pockets and gave me his keys. "Thanks."

I took his arm, "Let's go, Pete."

Pete's steps were heavy as we went back in; I grabbed my coat and went to find Kate. First, I had to take Pete to his car; it would be a pain to carry him around in the crowd. We shuffled through people, finally emerging outside; "Where'd you park?"

He pointed across the street. I trudged him forward and across the street; I set him in the passenger seat; "Try and throw up some more for me, alright? I'll be right back."

Pete nodded and leaned out the door; I ran back to the house and inside. I scanned the darken space for Kate; there were 3 different nurses, excluding Kate. I finally managed to find her; her mouth was locked with Eric's. I grimaced and tapped her shoulder; she pulled back and turned to me, "Hey, hey." She smiled nervously.

I waved it off. "I've got to take Pete home. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get back home."

"Want me call your dad?"

"Will you? Tell him I went to sleep and I'll be home in the morning."

She nodded, "For sure."

I waved to her and hurried back outside, jogging down the porch. As I was ready to step off the sidewalk; an arm flew out and grabbed mine. I jolted back and came face to face with Seth; his face was a bit screwed still; he had a gash upon his cheek.

I wrenched my arm away from him, not speaking as I began to head to Pete's car; I could hear him hawking up vomit; Seth grabbed me once more. "Did you think I forgot?"

"Let me go, Seth." I gritted my teeth.

"Or what? Your boyfriend ain't around to help you." He snarled at me.

"What did I ever do to you?" I asked angrily.

Seth didn't answer; he gripped my arm and and slung me around. I was ready to yelp out and scream, but he moved so fast; his hand was around my neck. I dug my nails into his arms, but his coat prevented any damage. I tried to kick, but his body was too close to mine for my legs to move. I was trapped; my head growing dizzy; both of his hands were around my neck now; I saw a monster in his eyes and I could only think that this was how I was going to pass out.

I shut my eyes tightly and tried to fight. I began to cry and then I heard an "oof" of breath against my face. Seth's hands released my neck; I opened my eyes and saw Andy. My eyes watered, nose frozen; Andy was hitting Seth, as if he were a punching bag. I stumbled forward, hearing the repeated blows, "Andy! Andy, stop!"

Andy stopped; under the street lights his knuckles were bloody. Seth let out a groan and rolled over on the wet concrete; with my breathing heavy, I fought the urge to kick him. I looked back at Andy, he was panting, and he wasn't wearing a coat. "Thanks."

"Are you alright?" He asked in a soft pant.

"I'm fine." I murmured.

"You should check out your neck. Want me to get your friend? I saw her in there."

I shook my head, "I have to get Pete, he took pills--"

"I'll handle Pete, you should check yourself out." Andy insisted.

"Thanks." I murmured again. "What about your hands?"

He shrugged, "I've done worse."

I stepped over Seth, and hugged Andy. I felt the need to, "Thank you so much, Andy."

He returned the hug and patted my back, "I couldn't just leave you here, could I?"

We shared a small laugh before we parted. I told Andy that Pete was in his car and then I went back into the house. I looked for Kate, but couldn't find her; I went into the kitchen, where her coat was. "Has anyone seen a girl with brown hair in a nurses' costume?" I asked the people around.

One guy nodded, "She's upstairs."

I thanked him and began to move through the people and up the stairs; I was damn near out of breath when I got to the top. "Kate?" I called her name in a huff. "Katy?"

I went to the first room and knocked; "Occupied!" A male voice grumbled.

"Sorry!" I muttered and continued on.

There were 4 doors, and I quickly shot through the second, the third and then the fourth. It was dimly lit, you could hear animalistic sounds and I instantly hurried out. My eyes widened and then I grimaced at the thought; "Ew!"

I stood by the door, waiting and thanked the heavens that the loud music drowned out the sexual sounds. I ran my hands around my neck, just to check myself; I felt crests by shapes in my neck. I went towards the bathroom and knocked again, "Are you done in there?"

"Not yet, girl!" The male shot back.

"How long are you gonna take?" I asked, crossing my arms.

The door flew open and the male behind the door was ready to shout, but paused. He blinked, "Shit, are you alright?"

"Why?" I asked.

"You got blood on your neck." He pointed shortly, and then took my hand.

The guy shut the door behind us; "Sorry about this, I'm hiding from this crazy chick."

"Why don't you just go home?" I asked as I turned to face the large mirror.

"She'll follow me. She's nutso."

I gave a small laugh. I looked at myself in the mirror, pulling my hair back, "Geez."

"What happened to you?" He asked as he hopped onto the counter beside the sink.

"This guy, Seth...he's trying to kill me." I muttered.

The guy grabbed a towel and ran it under the water of the sink and then gave it to me. "You're that girl, huh?"

I looked at him as I took the towel and began to clean up the blood; "What girl?"

"You pepper sprayed some dude." He said.

"Yeah, I'm the girl." I replied as I wiped my neck. "I had a valid reason."

"Nah, nah," he fished into his pocket and grabbed something. "I'm with you..." He trailed, unsure of what my name was.

"Naomi." I finished.

He smiled at me in the reflection, "I'm Ricky."

"Nice to meet you Ricky." I smiled nicely at him.

"Nice meeting you." He chuckled. "Anyway, like I was saying; I'm totally with you. Dudes like that douche bag think they can get away with anything. I'm glad you did that; me and my buddy, Bilvy were talking about you the other day. Legendary." He grinned.

I dropped the damp towel on the sink and looked at him. Ricky was tall, chubby type of boy; his hair was dyed bright green and his skin white, pale. He had thin lips, perched between them was a joint; "You go to my school?"

"I used to." He took in a deep drag and then answered, "Bilvy goes there."

"Who's Bilvy?" I asked.

He exhaled the smoke, clouding the air; "Beckett. William Beckett." He offered the joint to me; I took it.

"Never heard of him." I took in a drag too, passing it back to him.

"He's this artsy kid. He sings, plays guitar. He just transferred."

"What's he look like?"

Back and forth we passed joint; in between drags he told me about his friend. I sat in the sink beside him, telling him about Seth and Pete and everything else. It was a real big release talking to this stranger; Ricky. He's a big pot head, but he was intelligent, wise; it was a major surprise to me.

"You should just love your life, Naomi," Ricky said upon my telling him about wanting Pete. "Fuck it. You aren't 17 forever, date, fuck these assholes." He and I laughed, "Not literally, y'know."

I nodded, giggling, "I know."

"You're a cool chick." He said. "That dude, Pete?" I nodded. "Pete, he should appreciate you."

I touched my neck, and felt for my necklace. I jumped out of my skin when I felt nothing, "Shit!" I cried.

"What?" Ricky asked with wide eyes, "You ain't freaking out on me, are you?"

"No," I shook my head, "My necklace, remember, I told you."

"Maybe it's outside." Ricky offered.

"Probably," I calmed down. "I should go anyway."

Ricky reached into his pocket and pulled out a sharpie, "This is my number. Call me, we can do this again some time."

Ricky wrote his number on my arm and then his name. I chuckled and nodded, "Yeah, I will. See ya, Ricky."

"Bye Naomi."

I left the bathroom; the music still thumped and I wondered how long I had been in there. I was a bit high, but I was fine; I went towards the bedroom and opened the door without regard. "Kate, we gotta go!"

She and Eric jumped; clothes barely on; "Jesus Christ, Naomi!"

"C'mon. I need to get home. My neck..." I sputtered.

"Are you high?" She asked as she fixed her dress.

"Yep. C'mon, let's go."

"What happened to you?" She stepped forward as she put her shoes on.

"Seth." I replied shortly.

Kate sighed, "Shit. Okay. Here's my keys," she dug into her pocket of her dress and handed me her keys. "I'll be down in a minute."

I saluted her and trudged down the stairs. I was in a small haze; my neck was sore, but nothing painful. I knew my dad would be angry once he saw me and my neck.

I got outside, pass everyone and went towards the sidewalk. It was freezing out, my breath was in front of my face. I went towards the sidewalk and looked around; the street lights only illuminated so much. I walked around to where Seth had been; I saw spit and blood; I stepped over it and my heart raced when I saw the gold glisten. I bent over and picked up my necklace; the chain was broken, but other than that, it was fine. I stuffed it into my coat pocket and hurried to Kate's car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Because I adore you guys :D
It ain't much, but meh, it's something right? How do you like it?
PS; kinda in love with Andy Hurley at the moment