Status: Hopefully a better rewrite (fingers and hearts crossed)

Take This to Your Grave

You make me weak in the knees, I can hardly speak

Pete was on top of me, we kissed heatedly, the space of the van getting hot. I was back on the old flat, worn out blanket, my hands on his biceps tugging the sleeves of his hoodie. He pulled away from me and sat up, straddling me, "I need to take this fuckin' thing off, its hot."

I propped up a moment, breathing a little fast. Pete tossed his hoodie onto the floor and returned to kissing me; my lips turned up and I wrapped my arms around his neck. His hands pushed me back, lips still attached; he pulled my arms from around his neck and pinned them above my head. Again, he broke our kiss, "We shouldn't..."

I panted softly, "Who says I wanted to have sex?"

He chuckled, "I wasn't sure."

"Why are you pinning my hands?" I shot back at him with a smirk.

"Because you look sexier when you're like this."

I laughed, "You're so dumb."

Pete laughed too, and then let my hands go; he kissed me, his left hand cupping my cheek and his right moving down my body. My breathing hitched a bit, but I didn't falter our kissing; Pete's hand moved over the top of my shorts and tugged at the button and zipper. My stomach clenched and I let out a small moan; he hadn't even done anything yet.

Once my shorts were opened, Pete slipped his hand inside and my head fell back, again our lips parted. I bit at my bottom lip has his hand pushing the middle of my underwear to the side and slipped his finger into me. My heart began to race, Pete grabbed the back of my head roughly and kissed me, his tongue slipping between my lips. I moaned against his mouth, his finger so easily working; pleasure surged my body, I bucked my hips against his crotch and groaned. Pete pulled back, my breathing heavily; "You like that?" His voice made me quiver.

"Yes," I hissed softly. "I like it."

Pete gave me a quick kiss and then moved down to suck and kiss my neck. At that moment I didn't care what the hell was going on around me. Pete slipped another finger inside of me and sucked on my neck harder; I was a mess of moans and quivers, shaking and bucking my hips as the heat in my body rose. I felt my climax coming quickly, my cries were getting louder and then there was a hard knock on the side of the van.

Pete and I paused; I was panting and very, very upset. Pete removed his hand from my shorts; he was ready to open the side van door when a voice spoke; "This is Officer Brady, what's going on in there?"

Pete cursed under his breath and I quickly zipped and button my shorts. He slid open the side van door, "It's just me and my girlfriend."

I sat up, my face burning, nervousness hasn't registered. The officer looked inside, a night stick in his hand; "Come here, young lady."

I got up, crouching over; "Yes?"

"Both of you, out of the van."

I was nervous now, scared about what would happen. My dad may find out and I would be torn to shreds.

Pete and I stood together in front of the officer; his squad car parked right behind the van. "What are you two doing out here?" He asked.

"We needed some alone time." Pete said.

The officer squinted from the sun; his eyes moved to me, "How old are you, young lady?"

"18." I lied, and I was scared that I had.

"How old are you?" He asked Pete.

"21." He breathed in annoyance.

The officer narrowed his eyes; "You kids are lucky no one was around to witness whatever you two were doing."

"We're in a van with no windows." Pete almost exclaimed, but his voice had an edge to it.

"Watch it, young man!" The officer growled; "Let me see your license."

My eyes focused on Pete; his hand went into the back of his jeans, he got his wallet, opened it and got his license out. The officer snatched it from Pete's outstretched hand and looked it over. Pete looked at me, mourning the words; "We're fine."

I inhaled softly and chewed at the side of my lip; were we fine? What would this officer decide to do?

The officer studied the license; "Stay here while I check this. No funny business."

We both looked at him with a frown; he retreated to his squad car and I looked at Pete, "What if he asks for mine?"

"Calm down, Navy, he has nothing on us, we didn't do anything illegal." He smiled at me. "And, you can say no if he asks you, you have rights."

I smiled slightly; he smiled, amused. "Wow, I forget you're studying to be an activist."

"Yeah, but it's almost common sense. You can say no if you want to."

"Why didn't you?"

"Eh, I don't know, just to be cool." Pete said with a shrug.

I shook my head at him. "He totally ruined my moment."

Pete grinned, "We'll get back to it soon."

My stomach swarmed with butterflies; I wanted to kiss him so badly. I almost did but the officer came back, smirking at us; he stopped in front of us, "You got lucky this time."

"Yeah, whatever." Pete mumbled as the officer handed his license back.

"You two get out of here, this isn't a place for you to make mistakes."

I held back a roll of my eyes.

"Can we go now?" Pete asked.

The officer grumbled something, and then said, "Go on."

Pete and I climbed back into the van and got into the front seats. He watched the officer pull away and then followed the same route. I finally leaned my body over and gave him a soft kiss and sat back; he smiled, eyes forward; "You'll be the death of me, Naomi."

"Mm, I hope so." I murmured.


Pete dropped me home after we had stopped just behind my and his parents house, in the wooded area. My face was flushed and I was dizzy off of Pete.

I walked up to my house and went inside. My dad was sitting at the counter went I entered; "Hey, how's Kate?" He asked.

"She's still in labor or whatever. She isn't dilated enough, so she told me to come home." I answered as I went to the fridge and grabbed a soda.

My dad gave a nod; I noticed he was eating spaghetti. "Naomi, do you want kids?"

I raised a brow, "Uh, well, one day."

"Have you thought about it?"

I shook my head, "No."

He looked relieved, "Oh. Good."

I was confused, "What's up, dad?"

"I'm just makin' sure that I won't become a grandpa too soon."

"Not for a long time, dad."

He nodded, "Yeah, I know, I trust you."

"Thanks." I said as I popped open the can to my soda.

I went and sat beside him, sipping my soda. He smiled at me, "What do you want for graduation?"

"I don't know." I shrugged, "I haven't thought about it. I can't believe school is over in a week..." I was stunned at how fast the year had gone.

"Yeah, doesn't seem that long ago that I picked you up." He said with a small laugh.

I looked down at my can, thinking. "Dad...I'm really, truly sorry for my behavior in the last few months. I...I'm sorry for lying and stuff."

He patted my back, "Water under the bridge." He got up, "I got something for you, too."

"What?" I asked.

He didn't answer, he just went around the corner, took a second and came back. He had two letters in his hand, "The schools you applied for."

My heart started to race, "Oh, wow...holy crap."

He chuckled, sat beside me and slid the envelopes to me; "Go on."

The first was from DePaul; I inhaled and ripped open the top. I slipped the thick letter out and began to read; Dear Ms. Naomi A. Valentino, we're happy to inform you that you have been accepted--; I stopped reading and squealed.

"I got in!" I exclaimed joyously, "I got in to DePaul!"

My dad hugged me, kissing my cheek, "Congrats."

My heart was still racing, "Holy crap, I can't believe it!"

"Open the next one, see what they said." My dad urged.

The next was from UC; I ripped open the top, just like I had done the other. I read the few lines and grinned; I got accepted; "I got accepted too." I said this softly.

"Goddamn." My dad said proudly, "I'm proud of you, Naomi."

My cheeks burned from my grin, "Thanks. Wow."

"Where do you want to go?"

I shrugged, "UC is right around the corner, so is DePaul...and DePaul is where I want to go. I'm not sure which I can afford."

"Don't worry about that, Naomi, I'll take care of tuition."

I exhaled, "Well...I-I dunno where I should go." I looked at him for an answer, "Where do you think I should go?"

"DePaul." He answered. "You want to go there, you should go there."

"Really?" I asked him. "I'm...I'm really unsure."

"Go to DePaul, Naomi." He smiled.

I exhaled, "Okay, I'm going to DePaul."

"What're you gonna study?"

"Um...I want to teach kids. Education and development." I replied.

His smile widened, "That sounds great, Naomi."

I bit at my bottom lip and chuckled, "Hey, I won't need to have kids, dad, I'll be with kids all the time if I'm a teacher."

He smirked now, "I hope so."
♠ ♠ ♠
Not yet :)