Status: Hopefully a better rewrite (fingers and hearts crossed)

Take This to Your Grave

Love someone old, no one new

The next afternoon, I took Abbey with me to meet Pete at a diner in town. I saw him sitting by himself, rubbing his hands together, looking anxious. I carried Abbey in; she clapped as soon as she saw him, "Down! Down!" She told me.

I set her down and saw her run, her sandals clomping as she did so. Pete saw her and smiled; Abbey called his name, "Pete! Pete!"

Pete stood and picked her up, "Hey kid!"

I went over, watching them interact; Pete would be an amazing daddy.

"Hi Pete, I missed you." Abbey giggled and hugged him.

"I missed you too, little one." Pete noticed me, "Hey, Navy."

"Hi." I waved.

We sat, with Abbey sitting in Pete's lap; "What's been new, little Abbey?"

Abbey shrugged, "Nothin'."

I smiled at her; her eyes and fingers were on Pete's bare arm. I think Abbey has seen Pete's tattoos more than intently, but they never failed to gather her attention. Pete smiled just as I looked up at him, "So, what's been new with you?"

"Uh, nothing really," I hummed, "Oh, well, I got an offer to model some lingerie, but I'm totally not cut out for that."

Pete frowned slightly, "For who?"

I shrugged, "Dunno, Babette offered it to me, but I turned it down."

He looked relieved which made me giggle; "Oh."

"So, Pete, how long will you be gone on tour?"

He tweaked his lips as Abbey giggled, too, looking at the characters on his arm; "I dunno...it's just before July."

"I won't see you for your birthday." I stated softly.

"Yeah, I know." He licked over his lips, "My parents are kinda upset ya'know, uh, about school."

"How is school?" I asked him with a small smile, "You graduate this year, Petey."

He sighed and looked away, "I...uh, I dropped out."

My eyes widened, "You dropped out? How many credits do you need to graduate? It's so close!"

"Just a few, but I have to or I'd be dropped anyway," he shook his head, shifting Abbey, "I gotta go on this tour, and you know how I feel about this."

I sucked in a small breath, "You're crazy."

He smiled again, "Yeah, I am."

I sighed, "Are you sure about this? I think you can re-enroll--"

He cut me off, "Naomi, I'm sure about this."

"So you're not gonna be a lawyer?"

He chuckled, "If I still suck at bass in a year, then I will."

I felt a little worried about his decision, but I could see he was happy about this. I exhaled again, "Okay...as long as you promise to finish if Fall Out Boy doesn't work out."

"You doubting me, Valentino?" He smirked.

"No, I'm just trying to make sure that you're positive about this, Peter."

"You sound like my mom."

"We care, ya'know," I told him.

He gave a small nod, "Yeah, yeah, I know, but I know what I'm doing. I promised her I'd go back."

"If it doesn't work out." I recited.

He repeated my words, "If it doesn't work out."

The waiter came a second later and Pete set Abbey in the high chair beside me. We ordered some food, ate, and then got some milkshakes. Pete told me about the small shows he did and how the crowds were getting bigger. You could see the happiness and joy in his eyes while he was telling me all this and I was happy for him. After finishing our milkshakes, Pete followed me and Abbey out; she held his hand, rubbing his fingers, indicating that she was ready for a nap.

"Do you want me to come home with you?" Pete asked softly, quickly adding, "To, ya'know, put Abbey down for a nap?"

I hid my smile, "Yeah...if you want."

Pete picked up Abbey, "Hey, baby girl, would you like me to go home with you and Navy?"

Abbey nodded, humming, "Uh-huh."

Pete kissed her cheek, "Alright, Abbey, you got it."

Abbey yawned softly, and rested her head on Pete's shoulder and then he took a hold of hand; "I'm parked over here." I told him.

Pete followed my lead; his thumb rolled over my knuckles, giving my hand a small squeeze. We got to my car and he buckled Abbey into her car seat in the back, and then got up front with me. Pete grabbed my hand again, holding it tightly as I drove and I couldn't help but wonder what the gesture meant, because it was so...different.

This hand squeeze felt as if he was gripping onto me with desperation. I couldn't quite put my finger on what it could mean. I had looked over at him and noticed how tense and nervous he seemed.

When we got to my house, he got Abbey out; she was still awake, but was on the verge of falling asleep. She wrapped her arms around Pete's neck and murmured tiredly against his shoulder. Pete patted her back, rocking her slowly; he had sat himself on the couch with her and cradled her. I watched them, deeply intrigued; "You'd make a great dad, Pete."

He looked up at me, "Kids like me because I'm just like them."

I sat down beside him; Abbey was softly snoozing, her arms still around Pete, her little mouth open just a bit and her cheek resting against his chest. I cooed at the sight, smiling, "You guys look so cute."

Pete chuckled quietly, "She's a cute kid."

"I can go put her in her bed," I told him.

He stood, "I'll do it."

"Sure?"

He gave a nod and began to head down the hall. I nibbled at my bottom lip, listening to his feet head forth, and after a moment, he returned. Pete came and sat with me again, and exhaled softly, "When are your folks comin' home?"

I looked at my watch, "Uh, 2 hours."

He scooted closer and then licked over his lips nervously, "How's school been?"

I shrugged, "Same old, ya'know."

"You still wanna be a teacher?"

I nodded, "Yep. I've got two more years left and I can work at that grade school on Pine."

Pete smiled, "God, if you had been my 2nd grade teacher, I would've fallen in love with you. I would've loved going to school."

I scoffed, "Oh, sure."

"You're hot." He retorted, "I'm not even kidding."

My cheeks burned and I tried to pretend he comment didn't cause it; "Whatever."

Pete snickered and then got closer to me, "You're so cute when you blush."

"I'm not blushing."

He raised his hand to cup my jaw; his thumb ran over my bottom lip, "Yeah you are."

I hummed, "Can't help it."

Pete smirked triumphantly, "I knew it."

"You know the way to make me blush."

He didn't reply; he leaned forward and kissed me. I kissed back, opening my mouth to let his tongue slip in smoothly. My heart thumped as I remembered how good it felt to be with Pete like this; to be high on love with him.

Pete kissed me deeper, pushing me back against the couch and massaged his tongue with my own. I let out a soft moan, my hands balled up the sleeves of his shirt, pulling him closer. He ground his hips into mine as soon as I was flat on my back and he was on top of me. I broke the kiss and let out a soft groan, "I want you."

He kissed up my jaw line, his teeth nibbling on my hot skin, "Whatever you want."

"It has to be quick." I muttered.

Pete nodded quickly, pulling at my shorts, "Yeah, yeah."

In a matter of seconds my shorts were off, his tight skinny jeans were tugged down some and his hand fiddled with his wallet. I watched him grab a condom and quickly rip it open, slip it onto himself and kissed me swiftly. Without a warning, he shoved himself inside of me, letting out a guttural groan; I moaned, biting down hard on my bottom lip. Pete started slow, his hands ran up my shirt and squeezed my breast, and his mouth on my neck, he sucked on any available skin. My fingers dug into his shoulders, letting out soft pants and quiet moans; I couldn't wake up my baby sister.

His pace picked up, our peaks so close from the start. I cupped his jaw and kissed him, wanting to taste every bit of him. Pete ground his hips harder into mine, his hands slipping down to my hips to rock them harder and harder against his. He broke away, and buried his face in the crook of my neck, "I'm already there," he relayed brokenly, "Fuck me."

I rolled my hips hard against his and let out a small purr against his ear. Pete grunted a small pleasurable laugh, "Oh fuck."

I kissed him, feeling my orgasm building quicker and quicker. I tightened my legs around his waist, my nails digging deeper into his shoulders and my breath panting against his jaw. Pete grunted and moaned against my neck again; his hips rocked sloppily and his hands tightened around my waist. In an instant I felt that beautiful wave of pleasure wash over me; I groaned, my teeth biting down on his earlobe. Our bodies shook together, hips rolling against each other in a slow, sloppy manner.

Pete kissed my moist neck and let out deep breaths on my skin, "You're the only place that feels like home."

My grip on him loosened and I sighed softly, "I missed this."

"You're telling me." He mumbled now.

We caught our breaths and then Pete got up and went to the bathroom. I put my clothes back in and opened up the windows; Pete returned, sat and pulled me into his lap, kissing me without a wasted minute. His hands felt my body, his lips broke from mine, "I missed you so much, Naomi."

I bit at my swollen bottom lip, "I missed you too."

He swallowed, "When I get back, you wanna go on the road with me for the summer? We're going to California."

"I can't," I mumbled disappointedly, "I gotta work and help take care of Abbey."

Pete frowned slightly, "Not even for a little while?"

"I could try." I offered.

His smile returned and he kissed me again, "Thats all I ask."

I hugged him, "I'll really try, Pete, I've missed you."

He gave a small sigh, "Can we give it another try...?"

"Us being together?"

"Yeah." He mumbled sheepishly.

I smiled and kissed him, "Yeah? Do you really want me, Peter?"

He gave me a funny look, "No duh."

I ran my hand through his hair and kissed him again, "No duh, huh?"

"Mm-hm."

"Okay." I murmured.

"Okay?" He questioned with a small smile.

"Okay. Yes, okay." I replied.

"You love me?" He asked in a soft tone.

"Yes, of course I love you, you idiot."

He laughed softly, "Say it."

I rolled my eyes playfully, "I love you, Peter Wentz."

He kissed me softly, his lips staying close to mine, "I love you, too."

•••

I spent all of my time with Pete once we had gotten back together. I felt madly in love with him again; he had become my best friend again. When he had to leave, I felt sick over the thought of him being gone so long, but I knew that we could talk whenever he got the chance.

The day he was to leave, I spent the entire morning with him watching a movie. I had stayed up all night, at his parents, in his old bedroom, watching him sleep. He held me close to him, I could hear his heart beating rapidly, and wondered what caused it. I didn't say anything to ruin the moment with him, I just kept my arms around him. I didn't realize how much I had missed this until I was back with him.

"I've got to go soon." Pete murmured to me.

"I know, but I'm trying to avoid it."

"Me too."

Pete's fingers played with my hair as it splayed over my shoulder. He hummed softly, "There's no one else, is there?" He asked.

"No. Why do you ask?"

"Don't want to have competition when I get back."

I giggled, "You'll never have competition, Pete, believe me."

He kissed my forehead, "I believe you."

"You better not look any other girls." I told him sternly; my fingers played with his shirt.

He laughed, "Promise. I'll only look at dudes."

"Good. You can only make out with guys for now on."

Pete shook with more laughter, "You're the only person I ever want to kiss for the rest of my life."

I sat up, turned and looked at him, "I better be."

Pete leaned over and kissed me, pulling me closer to him. I smiled against his lips, my hands resting on his forearms. When we parted, he exhaled, "We have an hour and a half."

"For what?"

He gave me a knowing look, "You know."

I smirked, "Your mom is downstairs."

"So? She won't hear us. I'll turn the music on."

"You're crazy."

"We've established this." He said scooting off the bed.

Pete went to his stereo, turning his TV off in the process and flipped through his CDs. He picked one and set it inside his stereo; a few quiet seconds later The Smashing Pumpkins' Luna began to play. He returned to the bed, kneeling in front of me and pulling my tank top over my head; I felt my stomach fill with butterflies.

Seconds flew by and our clothes were scattered on the floor. We rolled around beneath the covers, kissing and touching each other's bodies. My stomach was in knots, my ears were full of wonderful sounds and my heart was pounding so fast, but I didn't seem to care.

Pete pulled me on top of him and so easily slipped inside of me, kissing me deeply and planting his hands firmly on my hips. My body trembled with love and happiness; but it didn't last long, because I knew it would be over too soon. Trying not to dwell on that, I kept my mind focused on the moment I had with Pete.

The CD ended after us; the room hot and filled with Pete's cigarette smoke. I pressed my ear to his shoulder, hearing the blood swoosh around to his heart and prayed to remember it. The blood rushing to his heart was like a lovesick melody to me.

I was lost.

It felt like mere seconds when we heard Mrs. Wentz calling to Pete, telling him Andy was there to pick him up. My heart flew into my throat; "Okay, ma!" Pete called back.

Pete and I reluctantly got out of bed and got dressed. He held my hand, snubbing out his cigarette and led the way downstairs. His suitcase and bag were already by the door; Mrs. Wentz hugged him, momentarily letting my hand go, he returned it. She looked sad, like how I felt when I knew he would be gone in just a minute. She kissed his cheek and gave him some cash; "Call me as soon as you get where you're going."

Pete chuckled, pocketing the money, "Will do. Love you."

She huffed, "I love you, too, son."

They hugged once more as then Mrs. Wentz hugged me; "Don't be a stranger, Naomi. It's lovely seeing you around."

"I will definitely come by, Mrs. Wentz."

She kissed my cheek and saw us out. Andy was standing just outside the van; Joe was leaning out the passenger window, smoking a joint; "Hurry up!" He called to us.

Pete sighed, hiking his bag up his arm, "Shut the fuck up."

Joe laughed, as did Andy. Pete turned to me and dropped his suitcase; he pulled me into a hug and kissed me. "I love you." His voice shook a bit.

I looked at me and made sure to telepathically (if it were possible) that I loved him and I would miss him like crazy; "I love you."

He sighed again, "I'll call you."

"I'll answer."

"Uh, when we get to California, I'll call with the details."

I smiled softly, "Can't wait."

He kissed me again, "I hate goodbyes."

"It's a see you soon, Peter." I told him happily.

He grinned, "I'll see you soon, baby."

One more kiss and he was off to the van, while I went to my car. I felt myself tear up at the sight of the white van driving away with Pete inside. I knew that we would be together again, it's just I hate being without him.

I love him more than I love myself, and I'm surprised at how crazy I do not find that.
♠ ♠ ♠
That is the end of Take This to Your Grave, but not the end of Pete and Naomi!
The sequel's first chapter should be up by the afternoon or tomorrow, I'm unsure because at the present moment I have not written it.
Anyway, the sequel, I know for sure, will take place the end of 2004. I'm just not quite sure what will be happening between Pete and Naomi.
Also, I would love to hear some ideas, it you'd like to share any, on what should happen in the sequel. I want it to be as different from it's original as much as possible. A lot of you know that there was a lot of problems for Pete (in real life) in 2005, so I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions; also, criticism is welcomed, if there is something I can improve on, I'd love to hear it.
(I know that I should reread my chapters before posting because I am the typo queen.)

Thank you so very much for reading, I appreciate it all :)
xo ali