Status: Completed

I've Abandoned Control

Chapter 22

I was so excited to share with Jared the news of the sex of our baby. I hope he was just as excited. He was still at his meeting, he texted me on my way home from the doctor’s office, and told me he was going to be another couple of hours making it home. That gave me the perfect idea. I stopped by a small specialty shop outside of town and got the most gorgeous stationary set and had pink balloons blew up. I went above and beyond. This was a special moment in our lives and I wanted it to be amazing. My last stop before I headed home was the flower shop. I got 2 small basket fulls of white rose petals. Now to get everything set up before he made it home. As I made my way into the house I was greeted by Paige’s dog Charley, Shannon must’ve left his door open and he got out. I quickly put him back. Grabbing the petals, I trailed them from the front door to the guest bedroom. We were going to transform that room into the nursery, now it’s going to have to be done sooner than we thought. I placed some candles and the balloons in the room. Sticking a note on the front door, that read, There’s something waiting for you on the bar. I was going to give him the option of wanting to know the sex of our baby, and I was going to write him a note, giving him that option. As I finished up, I laid the envelope on the bar and headed into the future nursery to wait on Jared to get home.

——-

Jared’s POV

As I headed home from my meeting, I kept calling Jana. She would never answer, I kept thinking the worst things that could’ve happened. She could’ve had a wreck, something could’ve gone wrong with the baby, she always answered my calls. Pulling into the driveway, I seen her car, so I knew she was here. As I made my way into the house I noticed a note on the front door telling me to go straight into the kitchen. When I walked in the house I was shocked to see rose petals as soon as I stepped through the doorway. “Jana!?” I yelled, thinking she would come out to greet me. She didn’t. I had no idea what was going on. Seeing a red envelope laying beside a candle on the bar, I picked it up and made my way to sit down and open it to see what was inside.

Jared,

There are a few things you should know because you deserve it. So, here it goes. We have been through so much together. You are the love of my life. I have never felt the way I feel about another person as I do you. I honestly believe you are my soul mate. I wake up everyday truly happy that you are in my life and that I am having your child. You give back to so many people in this world, whether it be your music that you create or just giving your time to a person and I’m happy that I can give you the most precious gift anyone can. Jared, your music brings so much enjoyment to people. You have a rare talent that many dream of having. You deserve to be adored and that’s what we’re going to do, your baby and me, we’re going to adore you forever. I am so terribly in love with you and I always will be. We are going to take care of you and love you everyday of our lives.

Today at the doctor I found out what the sex of the baby is. It appears that I am farther along that we thought, so they could see what we were going to have. With that said, I am giving you the option of knowing. If you want to know come into the guest bedroom where I am, if not, just knock and I’ll come out. I know we didn’t discuss this beforehand, but incase you did want to know, I wanted to make it special. I love you Jared and I’ll love you everyday of my life.

-Jana

Wanting to know was not an issue. As I sat the letter down on the bar I made my way to the bedroom. Slowly opening the door, I seen my beautiful girlfriend sitting in the chair in the middle of room, her skin glowing from the light of the candles strewn around the room. Standing up to greet me, I hugged her tight into my chest. I never wanted to let her go. Looking up I seen the pink balloons, in that moment I knew what we were going to have. Pulling back from her, I wiped the tears from her eyes, “We are having a girl?” I asked trying to hold my emotions in. “I know you wanted a boy Jared, but can you handle one more girl in your life?” she asked looking deep into my eyes. “I am so happy you have no idea! I love you so much Jana, everything; the note, the flowers, this room; is perfect.” I said kissing her softly. “I love you.” I said. Kneeling down on my knees I pressed my lips to her belly and softly said against her skin, “And I love you too baby girl.”