Status: Completed

I've Abandoned Control

Chapter 31

A ton of emotions hit me as I watched Evan lead Paige out of the club. It took everything in me not to run after them and confront Evan, but he was the innocent one in this. He had no idea that I even knew Paige, if he only knew how well I knew her. I had no right to be mad at him in all of this but Paige of all people in that club, how could she pick my drum tech to take home. It made me start to wonder how they met and what all had happened before I had arrived.

I walked up to the bar and ordered 2 shots of tequila, after downing one right after the other, I headed out of the club. Climbing into my truck, my phone lit up with a text from Antoine, Come over to my place. Got a small party going on and a few chicks are here.-A.

Feeling okay to drive, I made my way to Antoine’s house across town. Trying to push the thought of Evan and Paige together aside, I made my way into the house. Antoine was right, this place was filled with beautiful women. There were 5 girls to every guy here, lucky for me I guess since the girl I cared so much about just left with one of my friends. But could I blame her though, I knew she was hurting because of me, I thought to myself.

As I made my way through the house to seek out Antoine, I find him in the kitchen with his arms around 2 blondes. “Shannon! Here ya go dude!” he yelled out to me over the music while handing me a beer. “Thanks” I said, not really wanting a drink at the moment.

“They’ve been waiting on you all night” Antoine said, pointing at 2 girls sitting on the couch eying me. Nodding in agreement I made my way over to the girls. They both move over so that I can sit in between them.

“How are you ladies doing tonight?” The blonde one whispers in my ear, “Lot’s better now that your here.” As I turn to look at her she captures my lips into the most forceful kiss, biting my bottom lip until it bleeds. “FUCK!” I yelled as I felt the pain on my lip. As I laid my head back on the couch, both of the girls started kissing my neck and rubbing my chest. My mind was suddenly engulfed with thoughts of Paige.

Evan probably has her dress bunched up around her waist by now. The thought of her being with someone else made me physically sick. I had no right to be mad though, if she wanted to be with someone else, because I had done the same thing. Jerking my head up to look at the two women who desperately wanted me and the sight of them turned me off even more.

I decide I’d rather be at home taking my anger out on my drums than here in this situation that can lead to nothing good. I walked through Antoine’s house trying to find him to say goodbye but he was nowhere to be found. When I got out to my truck I sent Paige a text asking if she would like to talk. It didn’t shock me when she didn’t reply, she was probably busy with Evan. When I got home I found Jana and Jared in the same spot I left them in, on the couch cuddled up watching TV. Seeing that reminded me of when Paige and I lying in my bed for hours watching movies and talking.

There’s so much I miss about her, I would give anything if she would just talk to me. Getting her trust back will be so hard, but I’m willing to do whatever I have to do to get her back. On the last day of tour I told Maria that I felt like I got them where they needed to be and now would be a good time to find a new manager. Truthfully I’m too busy to manage another band and by letting that job go, it meant separating myself from Maria, which both needed to be done.

After grabbing a water I headed downstairs to my bedroom to write down some beats I had in my head on the way home. When I opened my bedroom door, there she was sitting in the middle of my bed with tears streaming down her face. I knew I was in for a long night, but this is where she belonged, here with me.