Status: Completed

I've Abandoned Control

Chapter 32

On the way home from the club, I couldn’t stop thinking about the look on Shannon’s face. When I turned around to look at him just before I exited the door, I could see the pain in his eyes and right now it was killing me. I laid my head back against the headrest and let my mind wonder over the past few days. Maybe I should have answered Shannon’s phone calls, all he wanted was to talk and explain himself. Here I am trying to hurt him just as much as he did me. Evan’s hand squeezing my knee brings me away from my thoughts, “Well here we are at your apartment. I’m really glad I got to meet you Paige. You’re a beautiful girl,” he said leaning in to my face. I gave him a small peck on his lips, “It was nice meeting you to Evan. Thanks for taking me home.” I fumbled around in my purse acting like I was looking for my apartment keys, while Evan hoped in the truck with his friends. As soon as the coast was clear, I leaped over to my car and pointed it towards the only place I wanted to be right now.

I pulled my car up into the Leto’s driveway, trying to be as quiet as I could so I wouldn’t disturb Jana and Jared. After almost falling down the stairs to the pool, I stopped for a moment to kick my heels off. I never could walk that great with heels on anyways. Finally I made it up to the back deck and to Shannon’s bedroom door. I paused and listened to see if I could hear any movement inside, the thought of him having a girl inside made my stomach turn. After a few minutes of silence, I jiggled the doorknob realizing it was locked. I fumbled in my purse again looking for my set of keys. Finally I was able to get in, I tip toed around calling out Shannon’s name but heard nothing. I decided to lay back in his bed and wait for him to come home.

I woke up to the sound of Shannon coming down the stairs from inside the house. I sat up in the middle of the bed, as he opened the door. The look of shock was written all over his face. All the emotions that had been building up inside of me the past few days started to come down my face. All I could do was reach my arms out for him to come to me. He scooped me up in his arms, kissing my neck and wiping away my tears. I buried my face in his neck breathing in his scent that I missed so much. “I’m so sorry I didn’t answer my phone and that I let Evan take me home. I just wanted you to hurt like I was,” I whispered in his ear. I could feel the tears beginning to flow from my eyes again, my mascara must have been all over my face by now. “It’s okay sweetheart. You don’t have to apologize to me, I’m the one who was in the wrong. I was being selfish while I was away on tour, I wanted the best of both worlds but it’s not going to work like that. I decided that I want to be with you and just you, so I gave up being the manager of Maria’s band. I no longer have a reason to be around her, for now on it’s just me and you. Only if you forgive me?”

He lifted my chin up with his finger to look up at him. I could see the honesty in his deep green eyes. “Paige, If you forgive me, we can put all this behind us and move forward,” he said cupping my face in his calloused hands, “What do you say baby? Do you forgive me?” I kissed the palms of his hands and put my arms around his neck. “Yes. I forgive you but this better not happen again,” I said as I playfully punched his arm. Picking me up to sit on his lap, “Trust me, you have nothing to worry about,” he stated. “Now where’s my Charlie boy?” Shannon said looking around his room. “I brought him over to my apartment. Let’s go get him, I’m sure he’s missed you just as much as I have.”

We decided to take his truck over to the apartment to get Charlie. Just as we pulled up in my drive way I saw Evan’s car sitting in front of my apartment. I thought to myself this can not be good. Then I remembered while Evan was driving me home, I took my bra off and threw at him just joking around. Please don’t let that be the reason he is standing at my front door, I’ve had enough drama for one night. “Hey man! Did you forget something?” Shannon asked. Evan turned around with a confused look on his face, “How do you guys know each other?” he asked. “It’s a long story,” I replied hoping he would leave soon. “Anyway Paige, I was just bringing this back to you.I found it in my jacket when I got home,” Evan said as he handed me my bra. I looked over at Shannon who was turning 5 shades of red with anger. I knew I had better get Evan out of here before Shannon does something crazy.