Status: Completed

I've Abandoned Control

Chapter 35

Jared’s POV

After seeing the blood that surrounded her feet, Jana fell to the floor unconscious. Without hesitation, I rushed over to her, scooping her off of the floor into my arms and headed towards my truck. I had to get her to the hospital and I had to get there fast. I didn’t have time to call 911 or wait on an ambulance to get here, that would take too long.

As I entered the hospital doors, everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at me, “IS SOMEONE GOING TO HELP ME HERE?”, I screamed at the top of my lungs. Finally, a handful of doctors and nurses came rushing towards me with equipment and a hospital gurney. Before laying her down, I kissed her forehead and took one last look at her. The dress she had on, that she loved so much, was covered in blood. Looking down at myself, so was I.

I stood there in disbelief as I watched them rush off with her through the emergency room doors. What if that was the last time I’d see her alive?, I thought to myself. I just explained to thousands of people that I didn’t know what I’d do without her or my baby girl. I immediately started blaming myself, tonight was probably too stressful on her. I shouldn’t have held the show, knowing the circumstances she was under, and now here we were, at the hospital, probably because of me.

I took my cell out of my pocket to call Shannon, as I did, I noticed I had blood all over my hands. “Hello?” he answered.

“Hey, can you cut off the bath at home for me?” I asked of him, trying to stay calm.

“I did a little while ago, where are you, what’s going on?” he said sounding anxious.

“I’m at the hospital.” I heard the line disconnect without him saying a word. Although I was confused he just hung up like that, I didn’t have the energy to call him back.

I put the phone back in my pocket and headed into the bathroom to wash the blood off of my hands. As I looked at myself in the mirror, the feeling of guilt sent a surge of rage throughout my entire body. Punching the mirror as hard as I could, it shattered into a million little pieces, cutting my hand in the process. Wincing at the pain I felt from the hit, I put my hands back under the running water and I wrapped a towel around my hand. As I exited the bathroom, there was Shannon and Paige, Mom, Grandma, Tomo and Vicki, and Emma looking back at me with worry displayed on their faces.

After about 2 hours of pacing around the room and nagging doctors for and kind of information about my fiancé, finally a doctor came and pulled me aside. He explained that Jana had lost a lot of blood, but miraculously they had stopped the bleeding just in time. She was going to be alright, but they were going to have to keep her for a couple of days to keep a watch on her.

“Doctor, I just need to know, we had a big night tonight, could that have caused this, stress maybe?” I asked, I wouldn’t be able to live with myself knowing I caused this.

“No Jared, tonight’s events did not cause this, I promise you, looking at the scan I ran, this was bound to happen at some point. Just be thankful you were around and you got her here as fast as you did.” he reassured me. Breathing out a sigh of relief, he continued explaining to me what happened.

She had lost a lot of blood but not enough to be damaging to her or the baby. When she is released she is going to have to be put on permanent bed rest until the baby is born. After he explained everything to me, the only thing I could respond to him with was a hug. All I could say was, “Thank you so much doctor!”

As I turned around to face my family and friends, seeing their faces made the emotions, that I had been harboring inside this entire time, exit my body. As tears fell down my cheeks, I fell to my knees, in relief that Jana was going to be okay.