Status: Completed

I've Abandoned Control

Chapter 40

Paige did throw the ultimate bachelorette party, Constance, Emma, Annabelle all came to the house. It was very low key, and thank goodness Paige didn’t get any strippers. I don’t think anyone wants to give an 8 month pregnant girl a lap dance anyways.

I wondered off and on what Jared and Shannon were doing. I thought he would text me or call but he didn’t. I wasn’t worried about him, it was probably just my hormones. I excused myself from “my party” and headed to bed, I told the girls they could party all night if they wanted, I had to lie down and rest.

The morning came as quick as I had fallen asleep. Pulling the curtains back in my room, I looked up to see a blurry figure standing in front of the window. Rubbing my eyes to make the blurriness disappear, I seen Paige standing over me.

“Get Up! Today’s your Wedding Day!” she said cheerfully. Realizing that I was actually going to get married today suddenly hit me. As I sat up in the bed, I seen Emma entering the room with a tray full of fruit and a stack of waffles.

“Here ya go Jana, I hope you like it, and the waffles aren’t vegan.” Emma said as she placed the tray across my lap. I shot a smile up at her, she knew how bad I’ve been craving REAL waffles. Before I knew it, Constance and Annabelle both joined us while I ate my breakfast.

“Has anyone heard from Jay or Shan?” I asked the girls. Looking around at one another they all shook their heads and simultaneously mouthed “No”. I wondered what he was doing, it wasn’t like him not to call or text, at least he’d let Emma know something, but she seemed clueless.

After I finished my breakfast, I crawled out of the bed and threw a robe over me.

“Oh no no no, take that off!” Paige said before I left the room. Turning around to look at her, she was holding up a snow white robe with Mrs. Leto embroidered on the back. I took off the old one I’ve had for years, and placed the new one over my body. I just laughed to myself as it wouldn’t completely tie in the front because of my belly.

As I made my way through the house, everything was closed off. They had the curtains down so I couldn’t see outside. The only window that was left open was the one facing the street in front of the house. I looked out to see both Jared and Shannon’s trucks were gone.

“He better show up.” I mumbled to myself. I walked back into the kitchen with the rest of the girls and took a seat at the end of the bar. Noticing the time on the wall, I shot up from the bar, “I need to get ready! I don’t even know what I’m wearing! What if Jared doesn’t show up?!” All of the girls rushed to my side to calm me down.

“Jana you need to relax. You promised Jared you would. We have everything taken care of, you have nothing to worry about. And of course Jared will show up!” Paige said before she took my hand and led me into Jared’s studio.

The girls all followed us into the room. Seeing a long white dress bag hanging from the outside of Jared’s sound booth, Emma made her way over to unzip it. As I set my eyes on the dress, my mouth flew open. It was the most gorgeous dress I had ever seen.

“Jared gave me some ideas of what you might like, but I ultimately picked it out. And he has NOT seen it, he wanted to, but I told him it was tradition.” Emma said as she took the dress fully out of the bag. I walked over to her and pulled her into a tight hug. I was so thankful that Jared had found her and I could call her one of my friends.

Pulling back, I noticed I had tears streaming down my face. Quickly wiping them away, Annabelle placed me into a chair and started doing my hair and makeup. She was a model, but she did makeovers for celebrities on the side. Jared had known her for many years, well before him and I had gotten together. They had dated for awhile, but decided it was best to just be friends. She was one of the nicest people I had ever met.

As Constance left us once again, I asked Annabelle where did she keep going? She shrugged her shoulders and continued curling my hair. After about 2 hours, I was finished with hair and makeup. It was nearing 5 o’clock, and I still haven’t heard from Jared and no one seemed concerned about him. So I picked up my phone and I texted him out of curiosity. Needless to say I never got a reply from him. My nerves were starting to get the best of me.

“Will someone please get me a water?” I asked. Paige returned with an ice cold water, taking a sip of it, I laid it down on the piano and took my robe off. Emma made her way over to me with the dress and placed it over my head, and it fell perfectly into place.

I was surprised it fit me as great as it did. It was made like my dress Jared had gotten me before, but it had crystals all over it and a terribly long train. A cross made out of crystals was embroidered and the very end of my train. It was perfect.

After I had gotten ready, the girls left me in the studio for a split second while they got ready. As they came back into the room, I looked at each of them, they looked absolutely breathtaking. They all had on floor length black strapless, silk dresses with each holding a bundle of red roses.

“You guys look AMAZING!” I said to all of my friends. I couldn’t believe they had done this all on their own. Coming from around the girls, Constance handed me my bouquet. It was like the girls, but bigger, with baby’s breath. Baby’s breath was the first “flower” Jared had ever gotten me and he picked it up on the side of the road. That was Jared though. Remembering that brought a smile to my face.

As it neared 6 p.m. the girls led me down the stairs into Shannon’s room. I realized then, we were getting married at the house, I just hope it wasn’t in Shannon’s room.

Watching Paige open the double doors of Shannon’s room to lead us outside I took in a deep breath. I expected to see Jared, but all I seen was white linens hanging over the pool area like a canopy. She led me over by the stairs to shield me from whoever else was here. They had it mapped out like a maze for me. Soft music was playing in the background, but I strained my ears to see if I could recognize Jared or Shannon’s voice, and I heard nothing but the music.

“We’re fixing to start, okay” Paige said as she pulled a strand of my hair to lay on the side of my face. “Is he here? No one has told me anything Paige?” I asked pleadingly.

She just shot a small smile at me and reassured me that I had nothing to worry about. Leaving me and my worries she turned around and left once again.

“Is who here?” I heard a deep voice say. Turning around I almost fell to my knees as I laid my eyes on the man standing before me.

“DADDY!” I yelled as I collapsed onto his shoulder. He threw his arms around me and comforted me while I sobbed on him.

“Calm down now, you’ll ruin your makeup.” he said wiping my tears away. “Do you think me or your mother would miss your only wedding?” I nodded my head as I tried to regain my composure.

I seen the girls come back escorted by Shannon and Tomo. Shannon and Tomo both hugged me at the same time. Seeing the boys, eased my nerves a lot.

Hearing the music start, Annabelle walked out first. I tried to look over Shannon’s shoulder to sneak a peek of what awaited me, but I couldn’t see a thing. Then, Tomo and Emma, then Shannon and Paige. My heart was beating a million miles a minute, as my dad fixed the curtain to shield us from everyone.

When the music started, I dug my nails into my dads arm, and suddenly the curtain pulled open on both sides revealing the most breathtaking view I had ever seen.

The sun was setting, so the sky looked like it was on fire. Looking around I seen everyone that I knew, the crew, my co-workers, a few of Jared’s friends, and my mom and Constance both in the front row. The pool was filled with floating candles and lanterns hung from the canopy.

I was in such awe, I hadn’t even looked ahead of me to see the man I loved. There he stood, handsome as ever in a black and white traditional tux, except for his handkerchief. It had his band symbols on it, seeing that made me giggle to myself. He had his hair like he always wore it, long and shaggy, but without the eyeliner. His nails were painted though, which I wouldn’t have had it any other way. He was perfect.

Stopping in my tracks, he walked down to me to grab my hand from my dad. Turning around one last time I pulled my daddy into a tight hug, after finally pulling away, Jared led me up to stand opposite of him.

As I tried to listen to the minister, all I could focus on was Jared and how lucky I was to become his wife. Before I knew it the ceremony had come to an end, when Jared suddenly pulled me into a long, passionate kiss.

Retreating back to Shannon’s room, Jared looked into my eyes, and said, “How does it feel to be my wife?” I smiled to myself and answered him with the most heated kiss we had ever shared.