Status: Completed

I've Abandoned Control

Chapter 49

Since I’d left for the tour, I’ve only communicated with Jana by text. I’d send her short messages asking how Ella was, and she’d reply with a simple “Fine” or “Okay” every time. She never tried to call me like I thought she would and that scared me. It took every bit of strength to not call her, this separation thing was not working out well on my end.

Most of my days were extremely hectic. I was busy in the mornings and we had shows at night, but there was a couple of hours that I had absolutely nothing to do to occupy my mind. That’s when I fought with myself about if I should call her or not.

About a week had passed and I found myself sitting in my room, alone, once again fighting with myself about if I should call her or not. This time I finally gave in to the temptation, I couldn’t go another day without hearing her voice.

I hesitantly dialed her cell number, with each ring my heart jumped, I was not surprised when there wasn’t an answer. I was kind of relieved actually. My phone started ringing right away, making me jump nervously.

When I answered, I tried to hide my excitement that I was finally going to hear her voice, just to be greeted with Paige on the other end.

“Hey you!” she said.

“Hey. Where’s Jana?” I asked, wondering what Paige was doing with her phone.

“She’s in the nursery with the baby. Want me to go get her for you?” she said. I could tell she was walking through the house, probably on her way to Jana.

“Yeah.” I replied back to her. Why was I so nervous to talk to my own wife? I was never this way.

Paige didn’t give me any warning that she was giving the phone to Jana right that second. When I heard her voice, it sent a calmness throughout my entire body. I didn’t realize how much I had missed her voice. My eagerness this entire week had me eating my words about not calling one another other than to discuss Ella.

“Jared! Are you here?” she yelled over the phone bringing from my thoughts.

“Yes I’m here.” I said.

“What’s up? What do you want?” she asked forcefully.

I knew exactly what I wanted and I was not surprised when I blurted out that I wanted her to come and visit me this coming up weekend, but what DID surprise me was when she agreed to come.