Status: Completed

I've Abandoned Control

Chapter 8

I drove around trying to clear my head from the situation that happened back at the house. It seemed every time I thought about it I started crying. I had to pull over to gain control of my tears several times. After about an hour of driving around I decided to head back home. I purposely took the long way back to avoid passing the Leto house. I turned the engine off and just thought to myself how could I do this to my best friend. Here I was driving her car and living in her apartment, and something like this has to happen. I paid rent but I still feel like it’s hers and she’s doing me a favor by letting me live here. I know that wasn’t the case though. We’ve had boy problems in the past but this was different. My mind would not shut off no matter how hard I tried to think of other things. It always came back to the same questions. What did I do to let this happen? Did I lead Jared on? Was it just the medication Jared was on for his cold? I needed an answer but I couldn’t face him or Shannon right now. The memory of the look on Shannon’s face sent me back into hysterics. I really liked him and I already messed up whatever we had going on. I know I didn’t kiss Jared back but Shannon didn’t know that. He needed to know what happened, he deserved that much of an explanation. My phone suddenly rang making me jump. I looked at the screen and seen his name lit up. I wanted to hear his voice and tell him my side of the story but I was afraid of what he might say and the outcome. He tried calling me two more times before he sent me a text message saying, Call me when you want to explain yourself. -SL I decided to get a hot bath to occupy my mind so I wouldn’t call him back. As I sat in the bathtub I picked my phone up knowing what I had to do. I scrolled through my contacts stopping on my best friend’s name.

___

Shannon’s POV

As I drove through downtown LA the thought of my brother and Paige kissing had me fuming. I decided to call her to see if she would give me an explanation. I couldn’t even think about seeing or talking to my brother, not yet at least. This isn’t the first time he’s done something like this. I couldn’t believe Jared would do this to Jana. I know he loved her. Before Jana came into the picture any girl he seen and wanted he got. He has truly changed since being with her. I’ve stayed awake with him many nights talking about his feelings for her and for him to do this blew my mind. I tried calling Paige a few times before I gave up. I wanted to hear her voice even though I was angry at her. I shouldn’t be as hurt as I am by what happened but I am and I can’t help it one bit. I was drawn to this girl. When I was about to call her for the 3rd time my phone lit up in my hand. Thinking it was Paige I quickly answered the phone not looking at the caller ID. As soon as I heard the voice on the other end of the line I regretted answering. “Shannon, don’t hang up!!” she pleaded with me. “What do you want Maria?” I asked not wanting to deal with her drama tonight. “Please meet with me. I want to apologize for acting the way I did the other night towards you and your friend. I want to apologize to you in person if that’s okay?” Any other time I would’ve turned her down but the night’s previous events persuaded me otherwise. I told her to meet me at the house and go in through the side gate I’d be there in a couple of minutes. She hurriedly agreed and ended the call. She was waiting on me when I pulled into the driveway. I made my way down the stairs to see her standing beside the door to my bedroom. I got out my keys to unlock the door while she stood behind me not saying a word. I took a deep breath and looked back at my ex-girlfriend, she knew what I was thinking and she had no objections. I grabbed her by her hand and led her into the bedroom and threw her on my bed not caring about the consequences.