Sequel: My One and Only
Status: completed

Talk Is Cheap

call me foolish, I feel helpless

“Please, please, please come with me.” Nicole begged, standing on the sidewalk beside Sage’s car, her luggage at her feet. Sage knitted her eyebrows, staring down at her mate with her intense, grey eyes.

“For the millionth time, I don’t have the money.”

“But your parents do.”

“Don’t get me started, Nick.” Sage warned, wishing Nicole would drop the subject. Niall had told Nicole just over a week ago she was could bring Sage along to Australia and New Zealand if she wished. Apparently, Zayn had become quite intrigued by the silvery, purple-haired girl and had practically begged Niall to tell Nicole to bring her mate along. Nicole had been thrilled by the idea, knowing Sage deserved a vacation just as much as her, but Sage was being a stubborn bitch, like always.

Sage’s parents weren’t rich, they were wealthy. They had endless amounts of money that they loved to spend on their daughter, especially now that she’d decided to go back to school. Since Sage had been on her own financially for roughly a year, it was hard for her to go back to letting her mummy and daddy pay for everything again. She didn’t want to seem like a freeloader, but in reality she was the furthest thing from it. Nicole wished her mate would stop being a pain in the arse and just accept their money willingly, that way she wouldn’t have to take the trip of a life time alone, she’d get to bring her best mate.

“At least come for a week, when we go to New Zealand.”

“I’ll think about it.” Nicole smiled, knowing she was inching closer to getting her way. Sage took a step closer, pulling Nicole into a tight tug. The pair had hardly spent two days apart since becoming mates, so this trip was going to be a test for them to see if it was actually possible to survive without each other.

“Don’t miss me too much.” Nicole insisted, shifting her weight from one foot to the other as they pulled apart. She was wearing a pair of black leggings, a light blue V-neck, and a pair of white, scuffed Chuck Taylors. Her hair was up in a topknot and she was wearing hardly any make-up. She went for a comfortable look when getting ready that morning, knowing there was no reason to try and look pretty in order to spend almost 24 hours on a plane.

“Don’t do anything, or anyone I wouldn’t do.” The disgusted look Sage made when saying ‘anyone’ made Nicole realize she was referring to Harry. Been there, done that Nicole thought cheekily.

“Bye, I love you.” Nicole said, earning a wide smile from Sage.

“I love you too, Nicky.” Sage watched as her mate lifted her luggage off the ground, her small fingers curling around the handles. “Goodbye, have fun.”

“See you in a week!” Nicole called over her shoulder as she struggled to pull her bags towards the airport. Although she wasn’t certain, she could’ve sworn she heard Sage yelling something along the lines of ‘fuck you’.

*****


Australia was a lot warmer than England, making Nicole immediately regret her choice of outfit the minute she stepped off the plane. She was exhausted and stiff, taking a moment to stretch out her limbs first thing once stepping into the terminal. The airport was practically empty besides the people getting off the plane with her. It was pitch black outside and Nicole could rightfully assume it was the middle of the night. She hadn’t slept well on the plane, and she didn’t have a clue how one was supposed to go about handling jetlag, but all she wanted to do was sleep. Snuggle up to Niall in a comfy hotel bed and sleep.

She hiked her purse up on her shoulder as she quickly made her way through the airport. She was incredibly eager to see Niall and all the lads really. She was excited to finally be on vacation. After finding her way to baggage claim, she waited patiently for both her suitcases, shifting her weight between the toes and balls of her feet at she chewed on her lip. Her thoughts were full of all the things she wanted to do during her time down under. She wanted to see a kangaroo, go surfing, and play a didgeridoo.

“Nick?”

Nicole sucked in a sharp breath before turning on her heel. A smile spread widely across her face. Niall was standing directly in front of her, his arms spread open for her embrace. After mustering up all the energy she had left, she leapt towards him, her body colliding with his as he wrapped his arms around her small frame. She placed several kisses around his face before her mouth met his. They remained lip-locked for quite some time, not giving the people staring at them a single thought. Finally, they pulled apart, and Niall peered down at her, a lop-sided grin on his lips.

“I missed you.”

Nicole arched an eyebrow, sliding her tongue between her teeth. “I can tell.”

He frowned, resting his hands on her hips. “Did ya not miss me?”

She stood on her tip toes in order to place a quick kiss on his nose. “Of course I did. Too much.”

“Let’s get your bags, you must be knackered.” Niall intertwined his fingers with hers before stepping closer to the luggage carousel. She pointed out her bags and he grabbed them with ease, insisting she not lift a finger as he pulled them outside to where a car was waiting for them.

“Where are the lads?” Nicole asked as her and Niall settled into the backseat of a black limo. She found it extremely unnecessary he’d picked her up in such an expensive car, but she didn’t exactly complain. The whole experience was a lot of fun; she’d never rode in a limo before.

“Asleep, I s’ppose. It’s like three in the morning.”

“True,” Nicole replied, snuggling up to Niall. He wrapped his arm around her shoulders, and she rested her head on chest. He kissed her forehead, and she turned to face him, peering up into his bright, blue eyes.

“I’m so happy you decided to come out here.”

“Me too,” she smiled widely before knotting her fingers in his hair. She pulled his head down to hers before pressing their lips together. He wrapped his arms around her and scooped her up in his lap, and she licked his bottom lip, begging for entrance. He parted his lips, letting her tongue explore his mouth. He pressed his tongue against hers, eagerly tasting her. Her lips tasted like some sort of fruit, but he couldn’t put his finger on it.

She ran her fingers down his back and underneath his shirt before moving to kiss his neck. She sucked on the skin below his ear, leaving her mark. He moved his hands under her bra, massaging her breasts and running his fingers over her nipples before tugging slightly. She wrapped her legs around his waist and he lifted her in the air, pressing her back against the cold, foggy window. He easily removed her shirt before moving to take off her bra. He kissed her mouth, neck, and between her breasts, lowering his body as his lips swept over her navel. A soft moan escaped her lips as he ran his hand between her legs, feeling her through the thin fabric of her leggings. She tugged at his shirt until he shrugged out of it, tossing it somewhere on the floor. He ran a hand between her leggings and panties, tapping his fingers against her clit. She moaned loudly before quickly biting her lip, knowing there wasn’t a chance in hell the driver hadn’t heard her. He smirked, his eyes glistening with amusement as he eyed the strain on her face, he could only imagine the things she wanted to scream, and would have screamed if they were completely alone.

He began pulling at her tights, sliding them past her knees. He slid a hand in her panties, his fingers soon becoming coated in her wetness. A slew of moans and hushed cuss words left her mouth as he slipped one, and then two fingers inside her, moving at a quickening pace. His thumb rubbed her clit, and her fingers clawed into his back just before his head disappeared between her legs, his wet tongue sending her over the edge.

The car came to a screeching halt, almost sending Niall and Nicole into the floor. The pair quickly searched the car for their clothes before the driver had the chance to come around and open the door. Nicole couldn’t help but wonder if the driver was used to this, driving the lads’ of One Direction around as they tried to get some in the back seat, and if so, if his slamming on the breaks was the recognized single for ‘put your clothes back on, I’m coming in’.

“We’ll have plenty of time for that.” Niall said with a wiggle of his eyebrows. Nicole giggled loudly as she pushed sweaty strands of hair away out of her face. Just as she pulled her shirt over her head, the door opened and a tall, balding man smiled at them through the doorway.

“We’re here.” Niall nodded in the man’s direction before getting out of the limo and he extended his hand to Nicole to help her out the car. Someone brought her luggage inside and up to her room; Paul had arranged for her to stay on the same floor as the lads and crew, and even gave her own suite. Nicole had never stayed at such a fancy hotel before, and she’d especially never dreamed she’d get to have such an extravagant hotel room all to herself.

“This is brilliant.” Nicole commented, throwing herself onto the bed, the mattress instantly forming to her body, accommodating each nook and cranny.

“I’m glad you like it.” Niall replied. He remained standing, watching her amusingly from a meter away.

“Will you stay with me tonight?” she asked, not bothering to look at him. Her eyelids were becoming heavy, and it took everything inside her too keep from falling asleep.

“Of course, babe. Lemme go get a change of clothes.” Nicole propped herself up on her elbows before forcing a smile and nodding. She was absolutely knackered, and had been dying to crawl into bed with Niall since arriving. She watched him exit the room as her mouth opened wide for a yawn, slowly she rolled out of bed and over to her suitcases, eager to get into her pajamas so she could return to bed.

She stripped out of her clothes, only a pair of pearl earrings hanging from her body. She found and oversized t-shirt first, deciding immediately to search for her cute pajamas another night and settle for just the shirt tonight. The thin fabric hung loosely off her frame, making her look like a shapeless teenager that had yet to go through puberty. She didn’t care; she was in no mood to try an impress Niall tonight. She heard him enter the room again, walking straight for her and wrapping his arms around her waist. She figured he must’ve washed his face because he smelt different, refreshed maybe, and a tad minty.

“Please tell me you have the day off tomorrow, I need to sleep ‘till noon.” He rested his face in the crook of her neck, placing kisses in all the places that drove her mad. He caught on quickly, she thought. She turned on her heel to face him, all the color rushing from her face as her head began to spin, her eyes locking with a pair of green ones.

“What is your problem,” she exclaimed, pushing him away. A small smirk tugged at his lips as he took a step backwards, letting his eyes travel over her body.

“You can’t ignore me here. I’m no longer a text you can erase.” He spoke slowly, and Nicole swallowed hard, forcing her eyes on his face and away from his body. He wasn’t wearing a shirt, and it was quite clear he’d started working out since being a big pop star. His stomach was toned and his arms were bigger; he even had a defined ‘v’ shaped around his pelvic bones, practically forming an arrow pointing towards his cock that Nicole could nearly see because his sweat pants her hanging dramatically low on his barely-there hips.

“G-get o-out, Harry.” She struggled to form words because her mouth was suddenly dry and her tongue felt numb. She pointed towards the door, her heart racing as her stomach did somersaults.

“You have to talk to me sometime.”

“I do not, but anyway, Niall will be back any second, so there will be no talking tonight.”

His smirk grew, and Nicole rolled her eyes. This was the last thing she needed tonight. “I’m surprised you came.”

“Why?” she could have slapped herself for responding to him. If she were to keep her mouth shut, he would’ve eventually gone away.

He shrugged his shoulders, pretending the answer was obvious. “You usually stray away from conflict.”

He was obviously referring to their past, and her current feelings for Niall. Also, what had happened between them before he left for America had made her head spin and forced her to overthink a lot of things, not to mention her conversation with his mum. There was lots of conflict in her life at the moment, but she’d joined One Direction on tour to deal with it, figure out her feelings, not run away. “I-I do not, I uh came because Niall asked me to. I came because of Niall, only.”

“Might want to try convincing yourself that, first, before trying it on me.” He said, turning to leave the room. “G’night Coley. So glad you came.”

It took everything inside her to keep from toppling over to the ground. How was it possible for someone so infuriating to make her that weak in the knees?
♠ ♠ ♠
This is pretty fillerish, sorry. The next two chapters wil be really good, I'm so excited to write them. I still don't know how I want this story to end.. I have three possible endings, one resulting in a sequel. There is probably less than 10 parts now, sooo yeah. :)

thanks for reading and commenting. :)
please let me know what you think!