Sequel: My One and Only
Status: completed

Talk Is Cheap

blow me one last kiss

Nicole stood outside Harry’s hotel room door, chewing on her bottom lip; her eyes wide as she tried to decided what to do. She was overthinking things, as usual. She knew she wanted to see him, and at least thank him for the present, so before she had the chance to change her mind she knocked tentatively on the door. After there was no response, she concluded he was still asleep, so she knocked harder, creating a loud echo in the empty corridor. She hoped no one—especially Niall—appeared in the corridor suddenly, she wouldn’t know how to explain herself.

The door slowly crept open, a sluggish Harry appearing in the crack of the door. For a second he just stared at her not saying a word. His lips were pursed as he scrutinized her, wondering why on earth she was at his doorstep.

“Coley,” he said groggily, wiping the sleep from his eyes. “What’s going on?”

“May I come in,” she asked quickly, ignoring his question.

“Yeah, yeah.” He replied, stepping aside and opening the door wider. Her olive eyes darted from side to side to make sure no one was watching her before she slipped through the door way, walking further into the room. The blinds were drawn, so the room was extremely dark; she could barely make out Harry’s features as he crept towards her, slamming the door shut behind him. She didn’t need much light to notice he was stark naked, covering his privates with the bed’s comforter.

“I just came to say-” her mouth became dry as her eyes traveled over his nicely toned torso, in a momentary lapse of judgment she even found herself wishing he wasn’t covered by the blanket. She cleared her throat and finished her thought. “Thanks for the locket.”

He sucked in a sharp breath and knitted his eyebrows before running a hand through his loose, curly locks. “You found it then, yeah?”

“Did you not want me to?”

“Well, no. I got it especially for you. I’ve been wanting to give it to you for a while.” He felt like he sounded dumb, not able to clearly express his self. He watched her eyes grow wide. She was overthinking something, probably trying to find a hidden meaning behind his words.

“I saw the locket in the window of a shop one weekend shopping in London and just knew it was perfect for you. It was a couple weeks before judges houses, so by the time I bought it, had in engraved, and the picture sized to fit inside, we were uh—everything happened and—we broke up.” He explained, trying to form some sense out of the whole thing. Her gaze was glued to him the entire time, a blank expression across her face.

Nicole sighed deeply, listening to Harry stumble over his words. She rarely saw him nervous. He was usually so calm and collected, full of charm and charisma. She’d never made him nervous before, at least not this nervous.

“I really love it. It’s beautiful and so perfect.” she dangled the necklace in front of their faces, admiring the color and shape.

“It suites you, then.”

Nicole’s eye fell to the floor, her cheeks flushing profusely. She needed to leave. She’d only wanted to say thank you, but no matter how much she willed her feet to walk back towards the door, she couldn’t move; his good looks and way with words glued her to her spot.

“Help me put it on, yeah?”

He nodded in agreement, and she twirled on her heel, swiping the strands of her light brown hair out of the way to reveal the nape of her neck. He inched towards her, his warm breath greeting her skin, sending a shiver down her spine. Harry reached for the locket dangling from her fingers, struggling to keep the comforter around him as he clasped the chain around her neck. His soft hands brushed her skin as he took a step back, watching her release her hair, each strand falling perfectly back into place. Nicole turned around slowly to face him, looking up at him through her eyelashes. A flicker of lust appeared in both their eyes, and within seconds Nicole was lunging towards him, looping her arms around his neck.

Harry kissed her eagerly, missing the way their lips moved together. Her tongue was soon colliding with his, battling for dominance. He grabbed her hips, a certain hunger rushing through his veins. He lifted her in the air, her legs quickly wrapping around his waist as her lips pressed to his neck, knowing all the right spots to send him over the edge.

He took several steps forward, stopping once his knees hit with the bed. He released her, letting her back fall against the mattress. Harshly, he climbed on top of her, tossing the comforter to the side and ripping her dress off as she knotted her fingers in his hair, pulling hard the second his lips closed around one of her newly visible nipples.

“I can’t do this,” she breathed heavily before a loud moan escaped her lips. He decided to ignore her, knowing from experience the string of moans leaving her mouth meant she was enjoying herself a lot.

He scooted further down the bed, tugging her panties down past her knees. He started kissing her stomach while rubbing the inside of her thigh, slowly he moved lower, sucking and biting around her pelvic bone, his hand inching closer to where she so desperately needed him. He flicked her clit with the tip of his tongue, sending a warm sensation through her body, wanting so desperately for him to continue. Just as his tongue started to get lost between her legs, he pushed himself up, leaping forward to kiss Nicole passionately. A tingle of sexual frustration built up inside her, making her loathe him for teasing her, but not before long she was so lost in his kiss, she couldn’t remember ever having a negative feeling about the lad.

He rubbed his cock against her, lighting a fire between her legs. The second he reached to grab a condom, everything became real. She’d promised herself she’d never get involved with him again, and she was with Niall. Even though she tried to deny it, they were together, officially more or less. They were supposed to be exclusive.

“Fuck,” she exclaimed through gritted teeth, digging her fingernails into his hips asshe forced herself to push him away.

“Oh, we will. Gimme two-” he was mid eyebrow wiggle when he saw her face, she looked about ready to cry. Something was very wrong.

“I’ve got to go.” She muttered, rolling quickly off the bed. Harry watched her, his green eyes following her around the room as she searched through his mess to find her clothes. She avoided his gaze, knowing the tears welling up in her eyes wouldn’t stop falling if she looked at him.

She wanted to be with him, but she still had feelings for Niall. True feelings she just couldn’t forget. Her head was spinning, and she felt utterly guilty for hooking up with Niall and Harry in practically the same day. She didn’t know who she wanted, and that made her feel like shit. She was being selfish. A complete twat, even, because she couldn’t make up her mind.

Nicole didn’t bother to say goodbye to Harry as she ran out of the room, not stopping until reaching the safety of her own bedroom where she could be alone with her thoughts.

*****


Nicole relaxed on a beach chair near the pool as the lads had some fun before their sound check and show later that night. It was their last full day in Australia, tomorrow they’d be catching a flight to New Zealand. She watched them through her big, dark sunglasses, hoping they wouldn’t see her scrutinizing them. Niall was on Liam’s shoulders and Harry was on Louis’, they were playing a game of chicken. Zayn was sitting on the edge of the pool, only dipping his feet in because he was a bit afraid of water.

“Come get in, babe!” Niall called, and all five boys turned towards her. She shook her head vigorously, denying him instantly.

“I’d rather not-” Nicole began as a splash of water came her way, soaking her body. She pushed her glasses down her nose, peering at the lads angrily as she tried to figure out who had splashed her. Zayn wore a suspicious smirk across his lips, and she narrowed her olive eyes. Hastily she staggered off the chair and over to the Bradford lad. Without any warning, she pushed him into the water, causing quite a big splash. Before she had the chance to move from the edge, a large hand grabbed her ankle, pulling her into the water as well. Quickly, she pinched her nose a half-second before her face collided with the icy water, her limbs immediately flailing in all directions as she struggled to come up for air.

“Screw you guys!” Nicole yelled after spiting water from her mouth.

“Why not?” Louis commented, a serious look on his face. “You’ve shagged half of us already!”

Nicole’s eyes narrowed into slits as she swam over to Louis, forcefully dunking his head under the water and holding him there until she considered there was a slight possibility he may drown. After she let go, he came leaping out of the water like he was afraid to death of it.

“Bloody hell, woman. You could’ve killed me!” he shrieked, completely over exaggerating the incident by pretending to choke and spit out liters of water when there was actually nothing coming out.

“You deserved it,” Nicole muttered as Niall’s blonde head bobbed towards her. He wrapped her in his arms and lifted her easily, placing kisses over her stomach before letting her fall through his arms, her feet struggling to touch the bottom of the pool. He kissed her quickly on the mouth before dunking his head back in the water and pushing his hair out of his face.

She giggled loudly, water pouring from her nose, making a strange whale-like sound when she snorted. Niall immediately began laughing obnoxiously, finding her laugh utterly amusing. She crossed her arms over her chest before wrinkling her nose, pretending like she was upset he was laughing at her.

“’tis alight, love. I’m laughing with you. That’s all.” He placed a swift kiss on her cheek before swimming away, jumping on Liam’s shoulders to dunk him under water.

Nicole continued to laugh, finding his mad behavior to be hilarious. Sure, he acted like a little kid all the time, but she found his childlike ways to be absolutely adorable.

“You seem pretty happy.” Harry whispered in Nicole’s ear. Harshly she peered over her shoulder, pursing her lips as she stared into his bright eyes. He looked a bit like a wild animal with his soaked curls plastered to his face, covering parts of his eyes. His lips curled into a smirk, his dimples appearing suddenly, and Nicole felt her heart flutter.

“I’m in Australia, why wouldn’t I be?” she quipped with a raise of her eyebrows.

He shrugged his shoulders, eyeing her breasts mischievously through the water. Sage had talked her into buying a special bathing costume where the top was basically a high-end push up bra. Nicole didn’t complain, she liked looking like she had big boobs.

“After the show, do ya wanna-?” he wiggled his eyebrows, indicating something sexual.

“Harry,” she lowered her voice, hoping no one would overhear. Niall was whooping and hollering loud enough for people to think the pool was full of little kids. “About this morning-”

He arched an eyebrow, waiting anxiously for her to finish. There were quite a few things she could say, and although he hoped it’d be good, he wouldn’t bet his life on it. “Yes?”

“I’m with Niall and-”

He splashed the water harshly with his hands, causing Nicole to stop talking. She looked at him though the corner of her eye, endless amounts of strain etched in his face. He was in one of his mad moods where he liked to speak loudly and curse; she was afraid of those moods.

“If anything changes, let me know.” He said harshly before swimming off. She watched him and her heart sank to her stomach. She hated making people upset, but it seemed she couldn’t win. By choosing one, she was hurting the other, not to mention tarring the whole band apart.

Suddenly Nicole was lifted in the air, a head of blonde hair appearing between her legs. She struggled to gain her balance as she tugged at Niall’s hair, positioning herself on his shoulders.

“Ready to kick som’ ass?” he said, straining his neck to look up at her.

She looked across the pool, noticing Louis hoping up on Zayn’s shoulders. A devious grin spread wide across her lips. She would love to kick Louis’ ass any day.

“Born ready.” Nicole replied, trying to ignore Harry as he attempted to make a scene, angrily stepping out of the pool and stomping off. She kind of wanted to go talk to him, try to talk things through, and explain why they couldn’t be together—at least not right now, but destroying Louis in chicken sounded much more satisfying.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry 'bout the wait! Officially all set up in college, expect slow-er but still frequent updates!

Also, I will be starting a new Harry story. You can find it HERE . I'll be posting the first chapter soon, so subscribe! Updates will be a bit slow, but will speed up once I at least finish THIS part of the story.

YES, I have decided on the ending! There will be a sequel... and I know exactly how things are going to go from now on, so YAY!

Thanks for reading. Please lemme know what you think!