Sequel: My One and Only
Status: completed

Talk Is Cheap

anywhere but here

Nicole slowly opened her eyes and a pair of green eyes immediately met hers, a small smile tugging at her lips. Harry slug an arm over her waist, and grabbed her bum before pulling her closer. He kissed her nose and she giggled softly before brushing her lips against his and snuggling her face against his chest. His stomach grumbled loudly and she lifted her head to meet his gaze, lifting her eyebrows amusedly.

“Should I order room service?”

“Last night was pretty tiring.”

She rolled her eyes before reaching over him, straining to grab the phone from the nightstand. She dialed the number and pressed the phone to her ear as Harry scrutinized her before gripping one of her breasts and pressing his lips to her neck.

“Hi, I’d like two orders of chocolate-chip pancakes, two bananas-” he bit her, signaling he didn’t agree. “-four bananas, and two glasses of apple juice.”

After hanging up, Harry grabbed her hips, forcing her to crawl completely on top of him. The sheet fell from around her body, giving him easy access to her breasts. He took each of her nipples in his mouth respectively as she tugged at his curls and grinded her hips against his. She leaned to nibble on his ear lobe as his big hands ran down her bare back, stopping at her bum and gripping the flesh eagerly. She moaned loudly, some form of his name leaving her lips as a knock echoed through the room.

The pair immediately stopped what they were doing, and after a moment of hesitation, Nicole rolled off Harry and began searching the floor for his t-shirt from the previous night. She slid it on and covered most of her body before crossing the room and opening the door, eager to demolish the food waiting for her on the other side of the door.

Her eyes grew wide as she opened the door, a wide smile and head of blonde hair surprisingly greeting her. She quickly stepped into the corridor and slammed the door shut behind her, hoping Niall hadn’t been paying attention to the details of her room. She steadied her breathing as she wrapped her arms around her body, feeling too exposed to be standing in a hallway where dozens of lads could walk by at any time.

He leaned in to kiss her and she didn’t object, it was hard for her to make sense of anything at the moment. He looked at her with a sheepish expression, wondering if something was wrong, he’d messed up last night, and he planned to take full responsibility for it.

“Nick, I’m so sorry about leaving you last night. I don’t remember too much, but I can assume I got right pissed, and this morning I woke up in me bathtub, Sage was tangled around the toilet. It was all a real shit show.”

Nicole forced a smile and reached to grab Niall’s hand. She rubbed her thumb against his palm, trying her best not to start crying .He was upset over getting too drunk, and she’d fucked another guy. She was definitely more in the wrong, but she couldn’t bring herself to tell him. “Don’t be sorry, I understand. I’m not mad.”

He looked at her completely surprised; he hadn’t been expecting that in the slightest. Nicole didn’t seem like the type to hold a grudge, but she’d never been too alright with drinking or doing anything really that impaired judgment, so needless to say he found it a little strange she’d forgiven him so easily.

She reached behind his head and stood on her tip-toes before bringing his lips to hers. His arms wrapped around her waist and picked her off the ground. Their tongues crashed together as she felt herself melt into the kiss. There was seriously something wrong with her. How could two different lads make her feel so amazing all the time? How was she ever going to choose between them when every other minute she was falling more in love with the other?

Suddenly, the door opened behind them and Nicole immediately fell to the floor. She swayed a second, searching to find her footing as Harry’s slow voice greeted her ears.

“Babe, what’s taking so long-” he stopped mid-sentence, his eyes focusing on Niall’s pale hands resting on Nicole’s waist. Quickly she spun around, her olive eyes darting between the lads, and her mouth became dry, what the fuck was she supposed to do now?”

“I-I can explain,” she began, realizing after the words left her mouth that she really couldn’t. She had no explanation for either of them because she didn’t know what was happening herself.

Niall’s hands slipped from her waist and fell to his sides. For a moment, he seemed completely at a loss for what was happening. His face was overwhelmed with confusion as his gaze darted between Harry and Nicole. Finally, he put everything together. She was wearing a male’s shirt, not his shirt, but Harry’s. She wasn’t mad at him for getting pissed because she’d done something way worse, she’d cheated on him, even though they weren’t technically together, he’d expected her to be loyal to him. She claimed she fancied him, but that seemed to be a lie, or some fucked up version on the truth.

“I warned you about this,” Harry said, resting a hand on Nicole’s shoulder. “I told you things would blow up if you didn’t choose soon.”

She chewed on her lip until tasting drops of blood. Tears started to well in her eyes, and Harry shook his head, unable to feel sorry for her. He stormed away, his tolerance for her bullshit already reaching its limit for the day. She watched him walk away, not sure what to do. Her feet were glued to its spot, unable to chase after him, unable to run away from the Irish lad glaring daggers at her back.

Slowly she turned to face him and avoided his stare. She waited for him to talk first because her tongue felt swollen and she wasn’t sure she’d been able form words.

“I don’t know what to say.”

That makes two of us, Nicole thought as she slid her tongue between her teeth. She shifted her weight from one foot to the other before running a hand through her tangled hair. He looked at her with sad eyes, unable to believe any of this had happened. He’d suspected something was going on between her and Harry, but nothing more than the left-over feelings of ex-lovers.

“I’m sorry,” she offered, knowing that wasn’t nearly enough to fix things between them. He shrugged, practically brushing off her words.

“I mean, if ya want to be with Harry-”

“I don’t,” she replied quickly. “I don’t know what I want.”

“Look,” he sucked in a sharp breath and massaged his temples, his forehead wrinkled in frustration. “I fancy you, a lot, and I know it’s hard for you being around Harry because of your past, but you can’t be with both of us. You just—can’t.”

Nicole swallowed hard, a tear slipping down her cheek. “I-I know, I’m really sorry-”

He held up a hand and she stopped talking, her teeth biting into her bottom lip. “Figure out what you want and let me know. I’m willing to forget any of this happened, I just want you to be happy.”

Niall walked away before she could reply. She fell against the wall, stumbling to the ground and pulling her legs to her chest. She rested her face against her knees, letting the tears soak her skin. She wanted to leave, she wanted to get out of New Zealand and go back to England, she wanted to get away from her suddenly crazy life revolving around One Direction, so she could figure her shit out; decide which boy she should be with.

Nicole needed to find Sage, and then they were going to leave and get on the first stand-by flight home. Niall, Harry, and everyone else were too much to handle anymore. Nicole was officially lost, and she didn’t like it one bit.
♠ ♠ ♠
short, but sweet.
Nicole WILL choose who she wants to be with in the NEXT chapter. promise. :) depanding on how many comments I get tonight will decide if I update tomorrow or not. I'm pretty eager to finish this, not gonn lie. :)

thanks for reading and all that. love you all. let me know what you think of this one!
the next two will be pretty dramatic. like, REALLY dramatic.