Sequel: My One and Only
Status: completed

Talk Is Cheap

if you wait around forever you will surely drown

Niall had invited Nicole to the club with him and the lads, and she reluctantly agreed purely because she wanted to spend time with him before the inevitable happened—he left for tour. Ever since he’d come to her house, the pair had practically become obsessed with each other; they texted all day and talked on the phone every night for several hours at a time. Nicole found him absolutely hilarious and adorable. He told her constantly how beautiful she was, and truly meant it every time. So far, the relationship was perfect, but nothing stays perfect for long.

Nicole decided to meet Niall at the club, she didn’t want to experience another awkward car ride with Louis and Eleanor since apparently Niall couldn’t drive properly yet. She decided to wear a mint motel-style dress with black lace along the front and back neckline. The dress fit her like a glove and dramatically accentuated her curves. Nicole wore her hair naturally wavy and parted down the middle. Her makeup was mostly natural, and her lips were a noticeable bubblegum pink.

To ensure their privacy, the boys rented out a private room in the back of the club to talk and drink in while they weren’t dancing. The room was average sized and separated from the rest of the club by a dark, red curtain. There was a white, suede couch lining two of the walls and there was a small table with a couple chairs in the center of the room. Niall and Nicole were sitting on the couch; her legs were resting over his lap as he traced circles against her thigh with his thumb. Eleanor and Louis sat further down the couch snogging occasionally and their limbs were tangled together making them look more like an octopus than two separate people. Liam was sitting in a chair with Danielle on his lap; he kissed her neck lovingly as she talked quietly to Zayn’s date, a blonde named Perrie. Harry was luckily in sight, and Nicole hoped more than anything he’d decided not to join his band mates this particular night.

Everyone, besides Liam, had gotten quite tipsy early in the night. Nicole was especially drunk seeing as she’d acquired the bad habit, from her father, of using alcohol to deal with stressful situations. Luckily, Niall was a proper Irish man and was fairly pissed himself, making her not feel as awkward about her obnoxious, drunken behavior. Nicole struggled with spending time with people she didn’t know well; she was particularly shy and guarded when it came to new people in her life.

“You look beautiful,” Niall whispered to Nicole, making her giggle. Everything seemed extremely funny when she was drunk.

“Ditto,” Nicole replied, wrinkling her nose as he kissed the tip of it. He smiled toothily down at her, staring into her olive eyes and wanting nothing more than to snog her for hours. His face leaned closer to hers, and her eyelids fluttered close as she anticipated his kiss.

“So, Nicole.” Louis voice interrupted them. Niall jerked his head back quickly, and Nicole opened her eyes wide before narrowing them in Louis’ direction. “Who’s the best fuck—Niall or Harry?”

“Seriously, Louis?” Eleanor shrieked before hitting her boyfriend’s arm.

“I’m sure you’d know better than me.”

The room erupted with laughter, but Louis remained silent, taking in Nicole’s comment. He scrutinized her with his blue eyes for a couple minutes until finally a sigh left his lips and a smirk appeared.

“I like you; I wish Harry would’ve brought you around sooner.”

“Most people do.” She replied, deciding to ignore the last bit of his comment. Also, she was relieved that the alcohol coursing through her veins gave her the confidence she lacked. Nicole was different than people expected her to be. On the outside, she seemed prim and proper, but on the inside there was an outrageous personality dying to burst through.

“What do you do, Nicole? When you’re not making Niall smile like a ridiculous fool?” Liam asked, eager to know more about the brunette-girl. She felt strange looking around the room, several pairs of eyes watching her closely. She hated being the center of attention, but it seemed like everyone generally cared about what she had to say. It was like they’d accepted her into their group. She’d was now officially part of ‘One Direction’s’ entourage, which was bloody ironic considering she still kind of hated them, or at least one particular member she liked to keep nameless.

“I’m in school for Sociology, I want to be a drug consoler.”

“Any particular reason for that?” Zayn added to the conversation, leaning towards her to hear more clearly. Nicole suddenly found herself hoping this group of people was not the type to have deep conversations about completely ridiculous stuff whenever they drank. She was not that way at all. Even in her pissed state, she would never reveal her deepest secrets and discuss them with mere acquaintances.

“I had to deal with some rough stuff growing up,” Nicole replied, shrugging her shoulders like it was no big deal.

Just as Zayn opened his mouth to say something else, Louis interrupted him with a completely random, light-hearted question, and for the first time since meeting him, Nicole didn’t want to strangle him.

“How old are you?”

“18, but I’ll be 19 on April 14th.”

“You’re older than Harry, figures.” Louis commented, and Nicole gritted her teeth. He couldn’t keep a good thing going.

“Should we go dance?” Niall asked, feeling Nicole’s body tense against him. Something about Louis pushed all of Nicole’s buttons, and Niall noticed. She was such a light-hearted person, but everyone has their breaking points.

“That sounds lovely.”

Nicole peeled her legs off of Niall and he stood up before extending his hand for her grasp. She laced their fingers together and let him lift her off the couch before placing a sloppy kiss on his lips. He wrapped his arms around her waist from behind and the pair stumbled out of the room and towards the dance floor.

“I’m a rubbish dancer,” Nicole yelled over the music, and Niall laughed loudly before placing kisses along her shoulder and neck.

“I bet you’re better than me.”

“You’re in a boy-band! Isn’t dancing a requirement?”

“Hardly, we just kind of jump around-”

“Mate,” Niall was interrupted by a posh accent screaming in his ear. Nicole clang tightly to the blonde’s shirt as he turned around to see who was there.

“Harry,” Niall spoke, snaking an arm around Nicole’s waist and holding her tightly against his chest. “Where have you been?”

Nicole’s eyes fell on the lad she’d been hoping to avoid all night. He looked fit as always, wearing tight black pants and a loose, grey V-neck. His curls were partially hidden beneath a dark green beanie, and his bluish green eyes with specks of brown glowed underneath the strobe lights beating down on imperfectly perfect face. There was a horrid blonde slag hanging off his arm, her hydrogen-peroxide dyed hair was several shades lighter that her roots and eyebrows. She was wearing a skirt that barely covered her vagina and a bralet top with a zipper down the middle. The top was extremely tight, and looked about ready to bust at the seams around her obnoxiously large and obviously fake breasts.

“Porsha here has kept me distracted all night.” Harry replied, eyeing the girl mischievously. She smiled up at him before running a hand through her messy hair as she attempted to flatten it some. Nicole couldn’t help but assume the pair had been fucking in the loo several minutes before, and the mere thought of Harry touching such a disgusting slag made vomit form in her mouth.

“Nick and I were just about to go dance.”

“Nick?” Harry asked, eyeing Nicole for the first time all night. She looked extremely beautiful, much to his dismay. Her looks taunted him.

“Yes,” Niall replied, not understanding his mate’s confusion. Harry didn’t like when people called her ‘Nick; the name was too boyish and didn’t suite her. Coley fit her much better. The name was unique, and quite adorable just like the olive-eyed girl.

“I think we will dance a bit too.”

“Oh my God, I thought you said we were like going back to your apartment or whatever.” Nicole cringed when Porsha talked. She was American and had one of those California accents where every vowel was drawn out and it was practically a sin to say a sentence without the word ‘like’.

After we dance,” Harry said before leaning towards Niall and whispering, “Her pussy can’t get enough of me.”

Niall forced a laugh before turning away from his mate and giving Nicole a sheepish smile. He felt bad she had to listen to her ex brag about screwing other girls; he wasn’t sure why Harry was being such an arse.

“See ya on the dance floor, yeah?” Niall said before pulling Nicole deeper in the crowd of people dancing to the loud music over-head. He gripped her waist, forcing her to spin around before she rested her bum against his lower region. She raised her arms in the air, reaching backwards to interlock her fingers behind Niall’s head. He rubbed his face in the crook of her neck and began sucking on the soft spot behind her ear lobe.

No matter how hard she tried, Nicole couldn’t find her rhythm and always danced slightly out of time to whatever song was playing. Niall didn’t mind, if anything he found her utterly poor dancing skills to be quite a turn-on because she didn’t let it hold her back. She danced like a mad-woman, moving her tiny hips from side to side with enthusiasm and ease as she sang loudly to whatever song the DJ played, even if she barely knew the words.

“Hot night, na na nana na na nana na na nana baby! Hey I just met you na na na this is crazy!” Niall laughed hysterically as Nicole attempted to sing ‘Call Me, Maybe’, flipping her hair from side to side as she wiggled against him. He spun her around quickly and pressed his lips to hers; she smiled when he kissed her and giggled softly after pulling away. Niall wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into a warm hugged, she pressed her cheek against his chest before her eyes fell on the couple dancing lustfully beside them.

Harry’s hands were rubbing up and down Porsha’s back as she bent over in front of him, her hands pressed to the floor. After a second or two, she inched her back to a standing position before reaching to grab Harry’s head and forcing his lips on hers. As she raped him with her tongue, Nicole felt her heart sink to the pit of her stomach. His hands roamed up and down the blonde’s thighs, and Nicole wanted to be sick. She couldn’t watch him with another girl, acting so proactively, it was too much.

She pushed away from Niall, and her cheeks flushed from embarrassment. She didn’t want to feel this way. She didn’t want to be jealous or whatever. She wanted to enjoy Niall, but that seemed impossible with Harry flaunting a blonde bimbo in her face.

“I-I need to go.” Nicole muttered and Niall looked at her with hurt eyes.

“Why?”

“I can’t do this.”

Nicole turned away from Niall before pushing past Harry and his date. Her head turned to the floor as she darted out of the club, forcing back the tears welling up in her eyes. Harry had seriously fucked Nicole up in the head. She knew she shouldn’t care about what he did with other girls, or let his actions bother her, but it was impossible for her to move on and get past him. She needed some kind of closure, but that would involve talking to him, and she didn’t think she could mentally or physically handle that either.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not happy with this at all, but I'm going to try and update the next part tomorrow. It should be pretty good. :)

This is Nicole's dress.

Why do you guys think Louis is being SUCH a prick? Is there a reason behind his madness?

Okay, I love yall so so so SO much. Thanks for the beautiful comments and for subcribing and the recs! Yall are the best. :)

Let me know what you think!
Comment and Subscribe?