Before the Rebellion

Damian

I was then escorted away from the room I was in by four Peacekeepers. What'd they think I was going to do? Run? Kill myself? I thought as I chuckled softly.

"I swear the Capitol puts more protection on the tributes then we actually need," I muttered under my breath.

We made a sharp turn to the left and there in front of me was the biggest train I had ever seen. The doors slid open and revealed a open living room looking room. It had a bar with granite countertops and black leather stools. There was various liquids in the cabinets behind the bar. A table sat a few feet away from the bar with six chairs that were a very light wood color.

I sat down in one of the plush black chairs that was next to the table. There was a coffee table in front of the three other chairs like the one I sat in.

The Peacekeepers left quietly. I never even noticed that they had left until I had turned around to the noise of the sliding doors and four Peacekeepers came in, different than the ones that escorted me here. In the middle of them was a girl. Roseta.

I felt bad for her actually. I knew one thing about her and that was that she wasn't exactly the popular type. She had some friends, but that's because they were family friends. She sat down next to me.

'Awkward,' I thought.

I figured I should try and make a conversation with her.

"Hello," I said quickly, as if the word wanted to beat my mouth open to get out.

"Hi," she said softly. I had never heard her voice before. It sounded smooth and quiet. It was almost soothing to my ears. I noticed that a tear was streaming down the side of her rosy red left cheek.

I put my hand on her shoulder, but she flinched away. "It'll be okay," I lied. I knew it wouldn't be okay. Only one person wins. One person, out of twenty-four.

She obviously knew that there was no way it was going to be okay. She started crying even more. I would hug her or do something that might make her feel better, but I don't know. I froze. I couldn't move or anything. Helpless was the word for it.

I turned around at the noise of a door opening and closing. It was the lady who reaped us. I really got to figure out what her name. I chuckled. She looked at me. I thought she could read minds, which only made me laugh more.

Roseta looked at me. " Is thing funny to you?" she demanded in a very rude way.

I stopped laughing. I did not expect her to sound like she did that moment. It sounded extremely rude, but I guess I was being rude as well. It wasn't even about the reaping, the Hunger Games or anything.

"Of course not. I'm just trying to be optimistic, unlike you," I said rudely right back to her.

She dropped her mouth, as if wanting to say anything, but no words came out.

I could see from the look in her eyes, she didn't expect to hear that come out of my mouth, especially after a reaping.

I tried changing my attitude and showing her that I'm not a bad tribute "I'm sorry, I didn't me-", but she cut me off before I could finish.

"Well you shouldn't be laughing after a reaping. That's very rude "

I bit my tongue. I could feel my face turning red with fury and anger. I knew she could tell I was upset with her attitude, but I also knew she didn't care.

Another tear streamed down her face. Her cheeks were almost rosy red, and her eyes were so watery tears kept coming out.

"Listen I'm sorry. I just don't think there's anything wrong with keeping a positive mind about all this. You wanna just let yourself die? Be my guest, but you should know that everyone has a chance of winning. Even the people who think they have no skills whatsoever," I said optimistically.

She gave me a look. A look of despair. She was obviously at a loss for words and I was proud of myself. 'I made her shut up and think about all of this,' I thought. Maybe she'll actually try to get as far as she possibly can in the games.

Nobody will be trying as much as I will though. Absolutely nobody.

I closed my eyes, and thought about possible scenarios for the games. It could be an island feeling to it, with water, palm trees, and plenty of sand. Or it could possibly be a rainforest type, with very tall trees, weird plants and weird animals. The last scenario I thought of was a snowy, white arena. Pine trees were everywhere, snow fell from the sky, and there were plenty of burrows in the ground.

I opened my eyes and looked around. My stomach growled angrily at me. I was starved. I hadn't eaten since the day before. I got up out of the very comfortable chair and looked for some food.

There was some food on a table behind the chairs. It was full of only snack foods and a few desserts. I got a small plate and started putting different foods onto it. "Are you hungry?" I asked, looking towards Roseta.

She turned and nodded. She stood up and walked over to the table. She got a plate as well and helped herself to the food.

I sat down and started eating. After she had gotten her food she sat down right next to me and started eating as well.

"So, how old are you?" She asked.

"Seventeen, you?" I replied.

"Same," she said.

This was good. We were actually talking, and not arguing with each other for the few minutes we had known each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry. I should have had this down so much earlier than this!
I hope you guys love it! Haha. Thanks for reading y'all!