Status: Senior year of college, be patient with me.

Shadow

Chapter One

I stepped into the room, allowing the lights to flicker back on. My heels clicked as I walked towards Tony. He side stepped behind one of his friends, a man with blonde hair that was styled from the forty's, his eyes still wide. I stopped. "Ouch. Don't want a hug from your baby sister?"

"You have a sister?" the only woman in the room asked.

"I like you're hair," I commented, marveling at her red hair. "Is that natural or dyed?" She didn't get a chance to answer because Tony had pulled on an arm of his suit and blasted it at me. I looked down at the hole in my stomach before it disappeared. I looked back up at him and pouted, "Ouch. That kind of hurt."

Now the rest of the people in the room were on high alert. "How did you do that?" gasped the man that Tony hid behind.

I glared at Tony, "I should have known you would have kept your crazy, mutant sister hush hush."

"Mutant?" asked another man with darker blond hair.

I looked at Tony, "Would you like to explain? Or shall I?" Tony swallowed but didn't answer. I looked at the man Tony hid behind. "You're Captain America, am I correct." He went to answer. "No, don't answer, I'm always correct. But you see the little serum that was used on you fueled my father to create his own. And who was the guinea pig, you ask?" I lifted my arms up, "Any guesses? Any one?" I pointed to the doctor looking man at back. "Bruce? It's Bruce, right?" he gave a small nod. "Any guesses?" He said nothing. "No? And you look so smart." I snickered and walked around the table as they backed away. "Answer? None other than his daughter. His very own daughter." I sighed, "And now look at me. Dazzling. Smart. And a monster."

"Emily-" Tony started.

"Don't!" I hissed pointing a finger at him. "I know what I am. Don't try and say any different." I lowered my hand. "Not that it should matter. You never cared to begin with. Always Daddy's favorite." I cooed.

"Don't pin this on me, Emily," Tony snapped.

"It's always about you, Tony! It always has been!" I snapped back. "All the experiments I went through were for you! All of it was for you! I was just there to take it, to make sure it was safe for you!"

"Who did he always take out for ice cream? Who did he always spend time with?" Tony shot back stepping around Captain. "You."

I rolled my eyes, "He had a little bit of heart at least! I never said he was run on oil and gasoline! Like you are! You just sat there and watched!"

"I was ten! What was a I suppose to do?"

"Uh, hmm. I don't know, Tony! Maybe make a suggestion to get a monkey to do the experiments on! You did graduate high school at sixteen didn't you?"

"If you hate me so much, why are you here?" Tony snapped.

I clenched my jaw. "I heard you were having a party and I just could resist myself. What's it take to join you're little group of outsiders, Tony?" I said opening my arms. "Gadgets? Oh I've got plenty of those." I smirked at Tony. "Guns?" I gestured to the woman. "Not my style." I shrugged. "Bows and arrows? Aren't they a blast?" I smirked at the other blond haired man. "Or maybe a shield? Super-strength?" I winked at the Captain. "No need. And changing into a giant green man?" I asked. I chuckled, "Well, lets say I know a few tricks similar to that." I looked back at Tony, "So. Do I qualify?"

Tony looked at the others, "You know me. I don't run a team. I'm not the man to talk to, Sis."

"Well, then I guess I'll have to crash here till I can speak with the man in charge." I said before flopping down on the leather couch.

"No, no, no, no. You are not staying here." Tony growled.

I jumped up and go in his face, "What are you going to do to stop me, brother. Don't you think you could be a little kinder after all that's happened?"

Tony swallowed thinking for a moment. "Fine. Third floor is yours. Don't break anything..." he looked at the elevator, "else."

I smirked, "No promises." I then disappeared out of the room down to the third floor.