Status: Senior year of college, be patient with me.

Shadow

Chapter Ten ~Third Person POV~

Tony typed away at his computer, the only light in the room was the glow of his computer screen. He hit the desk when he reached another dead end. He rubbed his hands over his face, sitting forward in his chair. He had about eight hours of sleep total over the past two weeks. He scratched his forehead before grabbing the glass off the table, only to find it was empty. He looked down at the glass, twisting it in his hands before setting it back on the table and typing away at his computer again.

Pepper sighed from the doorway and decided to step in. "Okay," she whispered walking over and minimizing all of his work. He looked up at her, slightly irritated by her actions, but his exhaustion covered it up. "You need some sleep," she whispered gently.

"I have to find my sister," he argued back, going to open his work up again.

"Tony," she said stopping him, "If you want to find her, you need to be awake for it. You know she'd probably kill you for working yourself this hard trying to find her." Tony looked down, thinking about it. "Come on," Pepper said pulling him up from the chair and taking his hand. "You can work on it in the morning.

Tony frowned as he let Pepper lead him out of the room. He wouldn't get any sleep. Not with Emily plaguing his dreams all night long. He had to find her. He just had to.

________________________________________________________________________________

Between Nat and Clint, Clint had it worse. Sure, spies weren't meant to show any emotion, period, but Clint always seemed to have more attachment to things that Nat. And with Emily gone, Nat could see just how attached to her, he was.

He never knew she was watching him. Climbing up into the rafters of the lobby, an arrow ready and staring at the door, every time the weren't on a mission. He'd wait there for hours, his eyes never trailing from the doors. From the shadows or the security cameras Nat watched him perk up every time the doors opened, just to slump back down when it wasn't Emily.

And she knew he'd never admit it. He'd never admit he missed her, his excuse for hiding up in the rafters was for protection. He'd never admit he missed their tag game. Nat wondered if he ever admitted it to himself.

His notes changed too. At first the arrow had the same old note tied to it as always, You're it. But after the first few days it changed to something more intimidating like, You're in deep shit. Or, Tony won't have anything to yell at after I'm done with you. But the last note wasn't Clint like. And he kept it a secret. Nat only got a glimpse of it once, but she read it loud and clear. I missed you.

________________________________________________________________________________

Bruce leaned up against a table in the lab, staring at the floor, holding his glasses in his hands. He couldn't help but blame himself for all of this. He was pretty much the one that told her to go. He told her what he did and she listened and did the same.

Bruce rubbed his face, setting his glasses on the table. He looked at the board in front of him, crossing his arms back over his chest and wondered if he'd ever get the formula right. He shook his head, he had to. Once they found Emily he had to have something to keep her here. He picked his glasses back up and went back to work.

He'd figure the formula out even if it was the death of him.

________________________________________________________________________________

Thor didn't know what to do.

Loki had shut down completely. He spoke to no one, listened to no one, and looked at no one. He simply sat on the couch of the living room and stared at the wall, arms crossed and straight faced. Thor tried multiple times to get his brother to speak or even look at him, but Loki wouldn't have it.

Though, Thor couldn't blame him. Emily ran off because she couldn't be fixed. She'd lied to Loki completely. Or at least what Loki thought.

Thor frowned at the thought, she thought Loki was fixable but not herself.

When Thor brought this up to Tony, he ranted. He accused Thor of thinking she was a monster. Thor sat back, listening as Tony went on. He knew exactly how Tony felt. Scared, upset, and angry. Thor felt the same thing when Loki came to Earth.

Thor glanced over at Loki who stared at the wall, slumped against the couch. He had no idea what to do...

________________________________________________________________________________

Steve spent all his time either in the training room, or Emily's room. He had slept when Emily was here, soundly actually. But now, he was back to his old ways, never sleeping. Hell, Steve rarely ever ate now. He was always invited to the supper Pepper cooked every night, but he couldn't bring himself to face the others and just hid in Emily's room.

Though, there was no comfort there either. She had taken everything. Every last bit of clothing and jewelry. Even her pillows had lost her sent. The only thing she left behind was his jacket. He didn't touch it though. It was still laying on the bed where she had left it for him. He made sure if he ever laid down, it was away from the jacket. He didn't want to move the last thing she touched. He wanted to keep something preserved. The one thing he did move though was the note. He read it every day and wished he could've been there to stop her from writing it.

I'm sorry.