Status: Senior year of college, be patient with me.

Shadow

Chapter Twelve

My eyes were heavy as Michael rounded the table to my right side. "Your brother doesn't quite know how to listen, does he," he growled sharpening his knife.

"He wont give you the suit," I breathed, shaking my head weakly. "Even if you kill me, he wont."

"Well, of course not. If I kill you, I'll no longer have a bargaining chip. So," he lifted his knife up to inspect it, "I'm going to keep my promise, and send a piece of you home."

~~~~~~

~Third Person's POV~

Pepper's screams could've been heard all the way down in the lobby. Tony rushed out of his office, Fury, Clint, and Tasha close behind. Pepper was leaning against the wall, a hand over her mouth and one over her heart. Tears were streaming down her face.

"Pepper?" Tony asked rushing to her. "Pepper, what's wrong?" She pointed to the box that was laying open on the floor. She collapsed into Tony's arms as Tasha picked it up. "Where is it?"

Tasha looked up at Tony. "A piece," she said quietly before turning the box up for Tony to see what was inside. A finger.

~~~~~~

~Emily's POV~

Michael's voice drew me from my light sleep. "Ahh, Mr. Stark. How lovely for you to finally hack into my computer system."

"Wasn't all that hard, actually," Tony's voice came and my eyes shot open. His face was up on a laptop set on a table in front of me.

"No," Micheal said shaking his head. "No, I didn't want you to exert too much energy, Mr. Stark. I thought the sight of your sister would take up most of it."

"Emily," Tony frowned.

I shook my head, "Don't do it, Tony. Don't give him the suit. It's not worth it."

Michael chuckled darkly, "Family. I will never understand how it works. But," he waved his favorite knife at the camera, "what I do know is, bargaining. Trading. You know, business. In this case, a life," he gestured to me, "for a metal suit. Now, is it really that hard to decide? I'm offering you way more than it's worth, Mr. Stark. So, do we have a deal?"

"Don't," I cried. "You trade the suit for me and many more lives will be lost! Don't do it!"

"Shut up," Michael growled smacking me.

"Emily?" Steve pushed Tony out of view of the camera.

"Steve," I murmured. "Don't let Tony do it. Don't."

Michael growled and grabbed for my right hand, which was now missing it's ring finger. I struggled against his hold. "No! No! Stop! Wait! I'll do it!" Michael stopped as Tony pushed back onto the screen. "I'll do it, just...don't hurt her."

Michael smirked and let me go. "It's a deal. Meet me at the pier, midnight tonight. Come alone, and don't put on the suit."

"Deal," Tony nodded.

"No," I whispered weakly. "Tony."

"I can't lose you too, Emily," Tony frowned.

"Oh, shut up," Michael complained, slamming the computer shut. "Enjoy your last few hours in your room, darling. Once I have the suit, I'll let your brother know you're here." And with that he left.

~Third Person POV~

"Did you get it?" Fury asked as Tony and Bruce tapped away at the computers.

"With lover boy's interruption," Tony nodded over to Steve, who's jaw was clenched and arms crossed, "We did. He had the signal bouncing, but there's nothing JARVIS can't handle."

"Thank you, Sir. But you're the one who created me."

"Because I'm a genius," Tony smirked.

"This isn't funny," Steve snapped. "Your sister is being tortured and you're here laughing?"

"Don't start with me, Captain," Tony sneered. "I don't see you doing anything to help."

"Guys!" Tasha snapped. "Fighting isn't going to help either. Now, what's the plan?"

"She's not far off from the harbor," Bruce said throwing a map of her location up for everyone to see.

"Did you get a level on the building?" asked Fury.

"No," Bruce shook his head.

"I can reach every front window except the first level, on this building," Clint said stepping in.

"There's a small alley in the back," Tasha said spinning the hologram buildings. "Steve, Thor, Bruce, and I can slip in the back door. Get her out without a problem."

"No," Fury shook his head. "I don't want Bruce inside. He'll be in a car a block down. Once you've got her on the first floor, call him to get her."

"Seems easy enough, when do I come in?" Tony asked.

"You'll be at the dock, handing over a defective suit. I'm sure you have one of them lying around," Tony shot Fury a glare, "Tasha will be in the car with you."

"I thought i was going in," Tasha frowned.

"We need you with him in case something goes wrong," Fury shook his head.

"So you're going to send Steve and Thor in and that's it? No offense but that's a lot of ground to cover that Clint can't reach for two guys. She could be dead before they found her."

" I will go." Everyone turned to see Loki standing in the doorway. "I will-"

"Oh, no, no, no," Fury shook his head, "You are staying here with me."

"Let him come," Thor demanded. "He will be with me."

"Yeah, last time that happened he got away," snapped Fury.

"She's my friend," the word caught everyone off guard, "I want to help.Let me go with my brother. We were an invincible team, once," Loki smiled softly.

Thor smiled widely and let out a happy chuckle. "My brother," he said pulling Loki into a hug. "Yes, as brothers, we fight as one."

"I don't like this plan," Fury growled.

"You don't have to," Tony snapped. "He's all we've got." Tony looked at Loki. "You end up getting her killed, and I will kill you."

"Fair enough," Loki nodded.

"We've got two hours," Clint nodded looking at his watch.

Tony nodded, "Let's do this."