Status: Senior year of college, be patient with me.

Shadow

Chapter Thirteen

~Third Person POV~

Clint moved into his position on the roof across from the warehouse, scanning for any signs of life within. "Guy's, I'm not seeing anybody," Clint said into his ear piece. "So be careful. Any you meet that are too much, draw to the windows."

"Got it," Steve nodded. He, Thor, and Loki stood behind the warehouse next door. Steve shifted uncomfortably between the two Norse Gods, one of them being an old enemy of his.

Bruce sat a block down inside a van. His leg shook as his fingers tapped against the steering wheel. He was too nervous to shut it off, afraid that it wouldn't start when they needed him.

Natasha sat low in the back seat of Tony's car as he drove. Next to her was his suit, similar to the one he had used at the races against Whip-lash. The other one was upfront with him. "I hope this works," Tasha sighed from the back.

Tony pulled up to the harbor and Tasha ducked low. "Three," she began to count, "two, one. Go." Tony exited the car the same time Clint drew his bow and Steve, Thor, and Loki entered the back of the warehouse.

"Ahh, Mr. Stark," Michael greeted Tony. Tony only glared as he pulled the suit out of the passenger seat. "Now, now, no need to be touchy. You're getting your sister back after all."

Thor, Steve, and Loki began to search the warehouse, confused that no one was waiting inside.

"Where is she," Tony snapped.

"Not here, I'm afraid," his eyes glistened, "She's not in the warehouse either."

Steve stopped, hearing Tasha's frantic demands ring through his ear piece, "Get out!"

"We have to get out! Now!" Steve said running back to the door.

"You don't care to listen, do you, Mr. Stark?" Michael asked. "I thought I asked you to come alone?" Tony turned to see Tasha held with a gun pointed to her head. "It was a good plan, Tony. I must say I'm impressed. But, now, I'm sorry to say, you haven't only lost your sister. But three friends as well."

The boom caused Tony to turn. The warehouse was now on fire and collapsing quickly. "What do you want," Tony asked looking back to Michael.

"I've got what I want," he said dropping the defective suit. A man handed him Tony's suitcase suit.

"It wont work," Tony growled. "You don't have one of these," he said tapping the acr reactor in his chest.

"I'll make one," Michael sighed.

"You'll die within the year," Tony snapped.

"We'll see." Michael nodded. "Let her go." The man who held Tasha let her go and shoved her to the ground. "We're done here."

Once they were gone, Tasha pressed her earpiece in. "Who's there?"

"Clint and I are at the warehouse. He thinks they made it out, but we haven't found or heard anything yet," Bruce responded.

"We'll be right there," Tasha sighed. She turned to leave but stopped when she looked at Tony. His jaw was clenched and his eyes vacant. "Tony?"

"I killed her. I killed them," he looked at Tasha before looking back out at the harbor. "It's my fault." He looked down, "I should've just listened."

"Tony. I don't think you could kill Steve or Thor. And if Loki can withstand the Hulk planting him in the floor. A little fire can't hurt." Tony didn't even crack a smile. "She's gonna be okay, Tony. She's strong. We'll find her. I swear."

"Hey! Nat! We found them," Clint said through the earpiece.

"How are they?" she asked.

"Battered and bruised, but alive."

"Come on. Let's go back and think of a new plan," Tasha said patting Tony's arm.

He nodded. "A new plan," he whispered and then followed her back to the car.