Status: Senior year of college, be patient with me.

Shadow

Chapter Fourteen

~Emily's POV~

"You said you'd let me go," I huffed.

"That was only if your brother listened to his instructions. Which he didn't, by the way." Michael said looking over the suit. "So, now you're stuck with me, darling."

"Boss," Michael looked up at the agent that popped his head in, "The scientist is here."

Michael smirked, "I'll be right back. Don't miss me too much."

I spat in his direction as he slammed the door shut. I glared down at the bindings. "How bad could it hurt?" I whispered. I took deep breaths and looked up at the ceiling. In once quick pull, I broke the binding on my left arm. I clenched in a scream as my veins in my arm became a sickly blue. I clenched the side of the table and did it to my other arm. A small scream escaped as the same pain shot up my right arm. I held onto the table as I broke my legs free and fell to the floor. I coughed, bringing myself onto my hands and knees. Blood. I clenched my teeth and swallowed it down. "Yeah. That could hurt." I pushed myself up and made it to the table where the suit was. "There's gotta be an emergency locator on this somewhere." I froze. Footsteps. "Shit! Shit! Shit!" I grunted looking for a place to hide. I slipped inside a cabinet, leaving the door slightly open to see.

The door flew open and Michael cam down with a few of his agents. "Where is she?" he asked as his eyes scanned the table. No one moved. "Well find her! She couldn't have gotten far!"

I glanced at the suit and did a double take. Right there! Right on the arm was the locator button. The agents began inspecting all of the cabinets in the room. I looked around for a 'weapon'. 'Huh'. I looked at a can of pepper spray. 'That's highly useful'. I held the can in hand as I tried to push the button with my powers. But I was too weak. My breath caught when the cabinet opened next to me. I held my finger on the spray and lifted it up. Once the door opened I sprayed. The agent moved out of the way, screaming and I bolted out, falling slightly over my feet.

"Get her!" Michael yelled. I grabbed the arm of Tony's suit and pushed the button. As soon as I did it came alive and JARVIS began rattling off the address. The suit then began to fold up into the suitcase again. "No!"

I spun and ducked, seeing one of the agents. I lifted up the can and sprayed him as well. I got the last two agents with the spray and then Michael cam at me. He caught my arm at eye level and I sprayed, but it was out. He smirked. I growled and head butted him. He let go and stumbled back. "Bitch!" he cried holding his head. I dropped the can and spun, kicking him right int he face. He fell back onto the ground, now holding his jaw.

I grabbed the suit off the table and walked around Michael. I didn't get two steps away when he grabbed my ankle and pulled me to the floor. I fell, the suitcase sliding across the room. Hissing I tried to kick him off, but he pulled me closer. He climbed up onto my back and shoved my face into the floor. "You little, bitch!" he spat into my ear. "You think you can escape me? Well, now I'm going to find your brother and rip him a part, piece by piece."

"You wont," I growled. "He'll kill you first." Michael lifted my head up by my hair and slammed my face into the floor.

"Hey! Didn't your mother ever tell you not to hit a woman?" My heart almost broke as I looked up to see Steve in the doorway. "Let her go."

"What are you gonna do? Patriotize me?" Michael asked standing up and pulling me up with him by my hair.

"It's not me you have to worry about," Steve shook his head, "It's him." Steve nodded to behind Michael.

"Michael was knocked away from me and I stumbled to the ground. Steve helped me up as I looked back to see Loki. "Loki," I breathed.

"Run!" Loki shouted, holding Michael to the floor. "It's an explosive! Run! Get out of here!"

"Loki," I whimpered as Steve lifted me up. "Loki! No! Steve we have to go back!" I screamed as he carried me up the stairs. "Loki!"

"Thor!" Steve shouted into his earpiece. "Get downstairs and get Loki! Take Hulk with you! Everyone else needs to get out, now! This place is gonna blow!"

"Loki! No! We have to go back! Loki!" I screamed as Steve carried me out of the building. We were halfway down the street when the building exploded. "NO!" I screamed as Steve stumbled and we ended up on the cement. "No! Loki!" I sobbed as Steve held me against his chest.

"Who's still there?" Steve asked into his earpiece.

"Steve," I sobbed, "Steve, tell me they're okay. Please, please."

"Tony, Clint, and Tasha are on their way to us," Steve murmured. "I haven't heard from the other's." I let out a breath, my adrenalin leaving quickly. My eyes became heavy and I slumped against Steve's chest. "Emily?" He said shaking me. "Emily, open you're eyes." But I couldn't. Everything hurt and all I wanted was to sleep. "Emily? Emily, stay with me! Emily?!" His voice grew faint as I slipped into the numbing darkness.