Status: Senior year of college, be patient with me.

Shadow

Chapter Fifteen

~Third Person POV~

Tony landed next to Steve and Emily and removed his helmet. "What happened?" Tony asked kneeling down next to them.

"I don't know. She wont wake up," Steve said frantically.

Tony examined her arms. Her veins were still a sickly blue and her skin was pale. "She's been injected with something...Do you have the needle Bruce gave you?" Steve nodded and handed it to him. Tony removed the safety on it and stuck it into Emily's arm.

"What does it do?" Steve wondered aloud.

"I'm not even sure. Bruce just said to give it to her if she was in pain." Tony removed the needle and frowned, "We need Bruce."

"That's going to be a little hard to do, considering he just had a building collapse on top of him," Clint huffed as he and Tasha ran up to them.

"What's with everyone having little faith in me?" Bruce asked, buttoning a pair of ripped pants. "How is she?"

"Unconscious," frowned Steve.

"That's not good," Bruce said waving for Tony to move. He then began to check her vitals and pulse. "She has silver in her system. That's why her veins are that color. We've got to get her back to the tower and do a blood transfusion. And fast."

"We'll stay here and search for Thor and Loki," Tasha nodded as Steve lifted Emily up and rushed her to the van, Bruce trailing behind. "You should stay with us, Tony."

"What? No! My sister-"

"You'll just be in the way. Besides, we'll need help moving the rubble," Clint interrupted.

Tony frowned and watched the van speed off. "Fine. You're right. Let's find these two boneheads."

~~~~~~

At the tower, Bruce and Steve were preparing the transfusion.

"How exactly is this going to work?" Steve asked, attempting to help.

"We'll have to extract most of her blood. To the point that if we took anymore she'd die. And then replace it with the clean blood."

"You're going to bring her to the brink of death?" Steve asked, slightly hysterical.

"It's the fasts way to get all the silver out of her system," Bruce said hooking her up to multiple machines. "Any other way could take too long and kill her." Bruce finished and looked at Steve. "Ready?" Steve took Emily's cold hand and nodded. Bruce nodded, reassuring himself more than Steve, and began to extract the blood.

~~~~~~

~Emily's POV~

The air was warm around me. I tried to open my eyes but the light was too bright. I groaned, placing an arm over my burning eyes.

"Emily?" The sound was muffled and distant. Who was Emily? "Emily? Can you hear me?"

I peeked out from under my arm, and blinked. A man with curly brown hair that was graying was looking back at me. "Who's Emily?" Were the first words that tumbled out of my mouth.

The mans eyes widened and he looked across me. I looked over and saw a much younger man with blonde hair. He seemed panicked as well. "Don't let Tony in here when he comes back." The blonde nodded and quickly left the room. The man looked back at me. "Do you remember anything?" I shook my head. He took off his glasses and rubbed his face as he sat down on the chair next to my bed.

"Where am I?"

"Avengers Tower in New York."

"Avengers," I murmured, the name sounded familiar. "Avengers?"

Do you remember who the Avengers are?" The man asked sitting forward.

"No," I frowned. "No. But the name is familiar."

"We are an elite group of people who protect the world from harm. We are also your friends. And one of us is your bother." He looked at me, probably waiting for me to remember. But I couldn't. "Tony Stark?"

An image flashed in front of my eyes. "Tony. Tony stark," I repeated. "Anthony Edward Stark." I looked at the man. "You aren't Tony."

A small smile crept onto his face. "No. No, I'm not. DO you know who he is though? Do you remember him?"

"His face," I nodded. "I remember his face but...that's it. Who is he?"

"He's your brother," the man said slowly. "You are Emily Stark."

I tugged at my hair, "I...I don't remember." I frowned, tears pricking my eyes. "Why-? Why don't I remember?"

He swallowed, "You were in a terrible accident, Emily. It's okay that you don't remember. We'll help you."

"Who-Who are you?"

"My name is Doctor Bruce Banner."

Another flash. "Green. Anger," I murmured. "When you're angry, you turn green."

Bruce let out a sigh, "Yeah. When I get angry I turn green. I call him 'the other guy'. But most call him the Hulk." I shifted. "Do you remember anything else?" I shook my head.

"Dr. Banner, I must inform you that Mr. Stark has returned." I screamed and jumped out of my bed as a voice came from no where.

"Shush. Shhh," Bruce said throwing his hands up. "It's okay, it's just JARVIS. Your brother created him. He's just a computer."

"A-a computer?" I breath.

"Yes. He won't hurt you," he nods and I nod back. "JARVIS, don't let Tony in here just yet, and don't tell him about her memory."

"Yes, Dr. Banner."

"Where-where was Tony? If-if he's my brother, why wasn't he here with me?" I frown.

"He was looking for you friends," Bruce frowned. "JARVIS?"

"Yes, Dr. Banner?"

"Did Loki and Thor return with him?"

"Yes. They are fine."

Bruce blew out a breath as a pounding cam at the door. I screamed again and hid behind Bruce. "Let me in, Banner!" A man roared from the other side. Bruce frowned. "JARVIS! Open the door!"

"Dr. Banner has asked that you not be let into the room, Sir."

"Bruce!"

"Tony, please!" Bruce shouted. "Just stop!"

"Tony?" I asked. "Let him in. Please?"

"Are you sure?" Bruce frowned. I nodded. "All right. JARVIS, let him in."

The door swung open and Tony stood in the doorway. I blinked. It was Tony Stark all right, but nothing registered that he was my brother. "Emily," he breathed and rushed over to hug me. I squeaked and ducked away, running to the other side of the room. "Emily?" he frowned. He looked at Bruce. "What's wrong with her?"

Bruce shifted, "She doesn't remember..."

"Remember what? What doesn't she remember?" Tony asked.

"Everything."

Tony physically deflated. His face fell and he sat down on the edge of my bed. His eyes closed and and dropped his head into his hands. I had seen something like this before...

I peeked into my brother's room. He was sitting on the edge of his bed, his head looking down at a small action figure in his hand. He had to be only five or six years of age. Hesitant to enter his room, from being yelled at some many times before I watched him throw the action figure across the room in a fit of rage before turning to lay face down on his bed. I frowned and crept into his room. I picked up the action figure and looked it over. It wasn't made out of plastic, but metal. I looked back at Tony who had sat up and was now staring out the window. I was scared for a moment that he was going to yell but he didn't.

"He doesn't like it," he sighed glaring out the window.

"Dad?" I asked quietly and he nodded. I looked down at the toy. "Did you make it?" Tony nodded again. "I like it..." I say, trying to make him feel better.

Tony glared, "Then keep it. I don't want it. Get out." He then turned and flopped back onto his bed.

Frowning I looked back at the figure before holding it close to my chest and rushed out of my older brother's room.


I looked around the room, recognizing where I had put what I was looking for. I walked over to the bedside table and opened it up. I moved things around before I found what I was looking for. The little metal toy Tony had made when we were just kids. I picked it up and gently placed it against my chest before turning around. Tony still had his head in his hands. I walked over to him and knelt down in front of him. He looked up and I held out the little toy.

Tony blinked before letting out a soft laugh, "You still have this?" He asked taking it out of my hand.

"I like it," I said remembering what I had said to him when we were little. "Dad might not have, but I do."

Tony gently reached forward and brushed the hair from my face. "Is that all you remember?"

I nodded. "For now, anyway."

Tony cleared his throat and nodded. "Okay," he whispered nodding. "Okay." He got up, "Meeting. Everyone. Top floor. Now." He looked at me, "You too, Emily." Nodding I followed him out of the room, still clutching the small figure in my hand. I leaned my head against the elevator wall as Tony, Bruce, and I rode up to the top floor. Once the doors open, the once chatty room fell quiet. I gazed around at all the faces, no a single one registered any familiarity.

"Fair maiden!" A big buff man with long blonde hair smiled. "You are all right!"

"Thor," Tony shook his head as the man went to open his arms and pull me into a hug. "Not now."

"Thor," I murmured looking at the big man. "Thor Odinson." Thor cocked his head to the side. I nodded, now understanding his name.

Tony swallowed and placed a hand on my back, guiding me to the living room. I sat down on the couch while he sat on the arm. He folded his hands on his lap and cleared his throat. "Pepper, Emily, and I are going to my house in Malibu for an indefinite vacation."

"What? When was this decided?" A woman with strawberry blonde hair asked crossing her arms.

"Just now," Tony nodded. "It's not for me, it's for her," he nodded to me. "It's a well needed vacation away from New York and the Avengers. And I think the best place for her right now is in Malibu."

"Tony, what aren't you telling us?" The woman asked.

Tony looked at Bruce who frowned. "She doesn't remember anything," Tony sighed looking at me. I frowned and hugged the small metal action figure. "She doesn't remember any of us. Nothing. And I need to help her get better. And this isn't the place to do it. And I don't want to bombard her with everyone trying to get her to remember at once." I looked down, suddenly feeling upset that I didn't remember any of these people. A small sob escaped my lips. "Emily?" Tony asked kneeling down in front of me. "Emily," he breathed and gently pulled me into a hug. "You will get better. I swear."

I finished singing and there was a knock at my door. Slowly I got up, tears still on my face, and walked to the door. I opened up the door and looked between Tony and the young blonde...Steve? Tony then grabbed me into a hug.

"We will fix this, Emily. I promise. I swear," Tony whispered in my ear. "You will get better. I swear."


I let out a soft sob and hugged him back. "Tony."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please?? :)