Status: Senior year of college, be patient with me.

Shadow

Chapter Two

I listened carefully to the sounds of the others upstairs. Though they were almost twenty floors above me I could hear the move. Once each of them stopped moving I got up. Slowly I gathered a few things and stepped out into the hallway that held the elevator. I thought a moment before hitting the garage. A pass-code came up and I tapped my finger to my chin. Smirking I put in Tony's birth date and the elevator proceeded downwards. Typical Tony.

The elevator opened to Tony's garage and I snooped around a moment before finding his control box. Quickly I pulled the door from the wall, holding the flashlight between my teeth, and hooked up iPad and keyboard up to it. I quickly turned of JARVIS's alarms and stopped him from alerting Tony. I then proceeded to hack into Tony's back accounts. Smirking I began to move small sums to my own.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?"

I spun, dropping the flashlight, and round-house kicking Tony in the jaw. He tumbled to the ground. "Shut up," I hissed grabbing his shirt. "How did you know I was down here?"

His eyes narrowed as he rubbed his jaw. "JARVIS sent me a message to my phone."

"I stopped all the alarms," I growled.

Tony smirked, "Not the alarm to get into the garage." He grabbed me and threw me off. "What are you doing here, Emily? Really?"

I rolled my eyes, "Fine. You caught me. I need money. Get over it."

Tony picked up my iPad. "So you hack my back accounts and steal it?"

"Well, I figured you wouldn't give it to me," I glared.

Tony halted all the transactions before pulling my iPad from the circuit and let it drop to the ground. "Depends one what it's for."

"Nothing," I growl picking up the busted iPad. I turned to leave but Tony grabbed my arm. "Let go, Tony."

"Emily, what is going on?" I froze for a moment. Did he seem.... sincere? I shrugged him off and turned to him. I pulled out a bottle of pills and tossed it at him. He caught it and read it. "Drugs?"

"Stops the mutations. Happy? Now you know why I need the money," I snatched the bottle back from him. "Good bye, Tony." I turned to leave but as I tried to open the door, it latched shut from the outside. "Tony," I growled glaring at him.

"You're not leaving," he shook his head.

"And you're going to stop me?" I laughed without humor.

Tony took the pills from my hand, "These," he shook the bottle, "aren't a solution, Emily."

"No, but it works," I hissed trying to grab them back. Tony pulled them out of reach. "Give them, Tony!"

"No. I will not have my baby sister be a drug addict."

"Oh! So a raging monster is so much better than a drug addict," I growled.

Tony tossed the pills aside and grabbed my shoulders. I tried so shove him off but he didn't let go. "Let me help, Emily. Bruce and I can think of something-"

"And why would you," I snapped, tears forming in my eyes. "You haven't spoken to me in twenty years! You've haven't even tried to contact me!"

"That's a two lane rode, Emily," Tony hissed.

"I tried!" I shrieked pushing him off, sending him to the floor two feet away. "Letter's! E-mails! Telephone calls! Hell I even went to the Stark Expo last year! You just never replied or called back!" I grabbed the pills from the ground and ripped the door open, "Just leave me alone, Tony."

I went to the main floor and headed for the exit. "Where are you going?"

I jumped and looked up, glaring at the man seated on one of the metal rafters. "Who wants to know?"

He raised an eyebrow before shrugging, "Doesn't matter. If you leave, we'll find you."

"Who's we?" I hissed. "Who'd care enough!"

"You're brother," he said resting his head on his crossed arms. "And SHIELD."

"SHIELD can kiss my ass. And my brother can go to hell," I growled going for the door. I stopped when an arrow hit the door, inches from my head. "You fucker," I hissed looking at him as he held a bow in his hands. "That could've killed me."

"Don't you have magical mutian powers that heal you right up?" he asked letting an arrow hit my hand.

I pulled the arrow from my hand and threw it on the ground, turning to him, "Head shots and heart shots don't count!"

"I never miss my target," he smirked. "I'll make sure you're head and heart aren't one of them."

"You're human," I growled stalking so I was closer to him. "I could kill you in an instant."

"So could I," he said notching another arrow and pointing it at me. "But I wont if you let your brother and Dr. Banner help you."

I shook my head and held my arms up, "No one care's if I'm dead anyway, Robin Hood. So take you're best shot." He let the arrow go and it hit me on the right side of my chest. "Missed," I smirked.

"Did I?" he asked jumping down. I blinked and noticed his image become a little blurry.

"What did you do?" I asked stumbling slightly.

"It's not lethal. Just sleep," he said catching me as I tripped over my feet.

"I will kill you," I hissed out before darkness consumed me.

******

When I woke up I had a pounding head ache. I sat up, still dressed, in a bed and reached over for my bag. But as I searched it I found my pills were gone. Growling I threw my bag and began to search every inch of the room. All the pills were gone. Clutching my head I walked out of the room and to the elevator. I smacked the top floor's button and waited for it to arrive. I almost shoved the doors open when I arrived on Tony's floor. He was seated at his dinning table with Pepper, Robin Hood, and the woman with red hair. I grabbed his collar and threw him to the ground.

"Where are they!" I shouted in this face.

"Emily-" He started but I smacked his head to the ground. Pepper let out a shriek and two pairs of hands grabbed onto my arms.

"Tell me!" I said as I was pulled off of Tony. I could fight them easily but I didn't dare try anything now. I shrugged out of their hands and glared at Robin Hood, "You're next Arrow boy!"

"Emily, calm down," Tony reasoned standing back up. "I threw them out."

"You what?!" I grabbed his collar again. "Do you know how much those pills cost me?!"

"Bruce and I will find something better," Tony reasoned.

"No! No, you won't!" I said letting him go. "It's just empty words, Tony! You can't promise me anything! Because It won't work. Nothing will. Those pills kept me sane." Robin Hood snorted and I went to punch him but the red haired woman stopped me. "How ever slight it was," I continued. "My powers were under control. I controlled them. I need those pills."

Tony shook his head. "Nope. You're not getting them back."

"No," I growled. "And who's going to stop me?"

"Well there's me," he said pointing to his chest. "Legolas and his girlfriend," he pointed to the two who were glaring at him. "Captain Underpants and a green rage monster."

I shook my head, "Why do you even care?"

"Because you're my sister." Again with the sincerity in his voice. I shook my head and walked back to the elevator. "Where are you going?"

"Just leave me alone," I sighed as the elevator doors closed on him. I slumped down to the floor and stared at the glossy image the metal doors gave of me. I leaned my head against the cool metal and just stared at the image of myself. The elevator stopped but I didn't bother to get up. The doors opened and Dr. Banner stepped onto the elevator. He stopped when he saw me. I gave him a glance before looking back at the wall. The doors closed and the elevator began to move again.

"Emily?" Bruce asked eyeing me. I didn't respond. He sat down beside me with a sigh. "What's wrong?"

"So you're a therapist now?" I asked looking over at him.

He shrugged, "I can try."

I snorted looking away, "I feel like you'd make a poor therapist, Doctor. Just stick with gamma rays and saving the world."

He bumped my shoulder and I looked back at him, "I know what you're going through."

"Do you now?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"You think you're a monster-"

"I am."

Bruce shook his head, "You don't have to be. Let Tony and I help you. Let us find out how to keep you're powers under control." I said nothing. I only stared at the the doors as the opened on Tony's floor. Tony stood there pressing the button over and over again. He looked at Bruce and I and raised an eyebrow. Bruce got up, "Think about it." Bruce exited the elevator, stopping Tony from entering. "Let her be," he whispered to Tony as the elevator doors closed again.

A few floors down I flicked the emergence stop and sat in the dark. Tears slipped down my cheeks as I punched the wall next to me, leaving a large dent in the side of the elevator. I clutched my head in my hands as the elevator began to move on its own again. JARVIS must have turned it back on.

I stood up and wiped my eyes dry from the tears as the door opened on the main floor. I quickly pushed past the dark skinned man that stood waiting for it. I pushed open the doors of the tower and vanished into the crowds of New York. I followed the crowd watching the cars drive past one the once destroyed streets. I looked at the buildings under construction still from the disaster that happened so long ago. I made my way down to a quiet place. I stared at the water of the garden and wondered why I just didn't run.

"Miss Stark."

I spun and saw the man I has pushed past back at the Tower. "Who are you?"

"My name's Nick Fury. Director of SHIELD," he said walking up next to me and turning his head so he could see me with his good eye.

"Right. I should have known," I said looking back out to the water. "Are you here to kill me? To experiment of me? Because I won't come quietly."

"No," Nick chuckled. "No. Just simply here to learn more about you. More about your past."

"You don't want to know," I said quietly.

"Tony does."

I rolled my eyes, "I'm sure he does. He want's to know about the people I've killed. The people who's live's I've ruined." I looked up at Nick. "It's not a very good way to bond back with you're brother, Nick."

"You have to go back," Nick said after a moment of silence. "I can't allow you to slip through our fingers, Emily. You're too dangerous."

"So I've heard," I whispered looking down at my arm that read 'Monster' from scars. "Tell him to try silver."

"Excuse me?" Nick asked.

"You're little Robin Hood who's sitting in the tree behind us. Tell him to use silver." I then knocked Nick over and held his own gun to his head. I glanced over to the tree as an arrow peaked out, but wasn't shot. "Do it pretty boy," I hissed under my breath. The arrow shot out and pierced my shoulder. I dropped the gun and rolled off Nick holding my shoulder in pain. I gasped pulling the arrow out of my arm. The wound bled and bled. I rolled my shoulder and touched the tip of the arrow to my skin. No bubbling or sizzling like I had expected. I brought the tip across my palm and a thin line of blood came from my skin.

"What the hell was that?" Nick growled getting up with his gun.

"Theory tested and proven. Silver is not good for me." Nick raised an eyebrow as I turned and walked out of the gardens. I walked back to the tower getting small gasped and widened eyes from the pedestrians because of my bleeding shoulder. I rode the elevator up to Tony's floor and tossed him the arrow.

"Are you bleeding?" he asked me.

"The tip of the arrow is silver. Now work you're magic and get me some pills because this headache is going to be the death of me."