Status: Senior year of college, be patient with me.

Shadow

Chapter Four

The next morning I woke up with a hang over. I groaned, shoving my face deeper into my pillow. But it wasn't a pillow, I rolled my head and looked up to see sleeping Steve. I smiled, 'He stayed?' I smirked, pulled the sheets off me and got up. Steve rolled over onto his stomach and I giggled silently. I then grabbed my head from the hangover. Sighing I got dressed and searched my cabinets. Nothing. Sighing I grabbed my iPod and went up to Tony's floor.

I smiled seeing that it was eight in the morning. I laughed and plugged my iPod into JARVIS. "Party, JARVIS, Party playlist, please."

"Yes, ma'am." He said and 'Tonight Tonight' began to play through the speakers. I found the liquor and took a drink before dancing around Tony's kitchen.

"Louder, JARVIS, I can still hear myself think," I said hopping up on the counter and shuffling my feet.

"Miss, not everyone is awake yet."

I laughed, "Come now, JARVIS. I don't care! LOUDER!" I laughed as he turned the music up really loud. "Whoo!" I laughed kicking a plant off the counter and it crashed on the floor.

"Emily!" I looked over, taking a drink from the bottle and say Tony standing there, a coffee cup in hand. "What are you doing?!"

"Dancing," I shrugged, giggling. "Oh! I love this song!" I smiled as Party Rock Anthem came on.

"Is that my liquor?" He asked walking over to me. I heard the elevator ding and Robin hood and his girlfriend stepped out. (I still didn't know their names. No one has told me.)

"Robin Hood! Come dance with me!" I said hopping off the counter and grabbing at his arms. But he didn't move, he only raised an eyebrow at me. "Party pooper!" I pouted dancing away from him.

"Emily!" Tony grabbed the bottle from me. "Mute!" the music cut off and I pouted up at Tony. "What are you doing?"

"Curing my hangover," I mumbled.

"Who gave you liquor last night?" he questioned.

I giggled and tapped his nose, "Steve stole it for me."

"Steve," Tony raised an eyebrow. "The man from the fourties got you booze?"

"You're booze. And it was Vodka," I giggled grabbing the bottle from shocked Tony.

"Steve," he asked raising an eyebrow. "Got you Vodka?"

"He's such a sweetheart. He cuddled with me too," I snickered. "Louder, JARVIS!"

"Steve," Tony hissed.

The elevator doors opened and I squeaked as Bruce came in with a highly confused look. "Bruce! You'll dance with me right?!" I giggled grabbing his hand.

"Uh," he said retracting from me. I pouted. Bruce looked at Tony. "I think I might like the evil sister better than the drunk one." He eyed me, "She's like a ticking time bomb."

I glared and threw the bottle at him. Bruce ducked quickly and I grabbed something else to throw when Steve came in through the elevator. "Steve! They're making fun of me!" I said running over and hugging him. "Make them stop!"

"Steve, can I talk to you," Tony said grabbing his arm. "You too, Bruce!" Tony shouted as the walked down to Tony's room.

"That's just weird!" I called as Tony's door slammed shut.

I huffed before going over to the cabinet and grabbing something else to drink. "I think you've had enough," Robin Hood's girlfriend said, taking the bottle from me.

"Uh-huh! Give!" I said jumping at her to grab it. She only rolled her eyes and grabbed my drunk ass in a choke hold. "Okay!" I gasped. "I'll get some chocolate milk!" She let me go and I glared at her. I went over to Tony's fridge and smirked at the open bottle of wine inside. I snatched and hopped up on the counter. "After this," I said putting the bottle to my lips and drinking the rest of the contents of the bottle. I pulled away and Robin Hood and his girlfriend only stared at me. "What?"

"You just drank half a wine bottle in one shot," Robin Hood frowned.

I held the bottle out and let it drop. It shattered all over the floor and I laughed. "Yep. That was good." I hopped down, crunching on the shattered glass and walked over to the balcony. I sighed feeling the wind brush over my skin and I laughed as I stumbled over my own feet. I sat cross legged on at the edge of the balcony and sighed, the buzz doing its job.

"Emily?" I looked up at Tony and gave a drunken smirk. "Wow. You look terrible."

"Don't feel much better," I giggled, swaying slightly, looking back at the city. "But if it keeps the headaches away, then this is the best thing ever."

Tony sat down next to me, "I guess there's no point in yelling at you, since you probably wont remember it later."

"Right you are, brother," I sighed laying my head on his shoulder. I wrapped my arms around his one and bit my lip. "I missed you, Tony," I whispered, my voice scratchy. "I missed my big brother."

"Okay," he sighed pulling me to my feet. "You're too drunk to even know what you're saying."

"No, Tony, I mean it," I said hugging him.

"Emily-"

"Do you think Dad love me," I asked still hugging him.

Tony kissed my hair giving me a squeeze, "Come on. You need to lay down."

"You love me, Tony?" I asked as he helped me lay down on the couch.

"Course, Emmy. You're my baby sister." Tony kissed my forehead, "Sleep, baby sis."

******

When I woke up my head was pounding even harder than it had the day before. I rolled over into the couch to block out the sun. "JARVIS," I mumbled through the couch. "Sunlight, out!" I peeked out and saw that the room was considerably dimmer. "Thank you, JARVIS," I breathed rolling onto my back and placing my hand on my head. "I could seriously use a Bloody Mary right now," I sighed sitting up. As I did a glass was shoved in my face. I looked up and saw smiling Steve. "Let me guess, not a Bloody Mary?"

"No," he said shaking his head and sitting down next to me. "But Tasha said it should help."

"Tasha?" I inquired raising an eyebrow.

Steve nodded, "The woman with the short red hair."

"Oh! Robin Hood's girlfriend!" I nodded smiling.

"Clint," Steve informed me.

I nodded taking a sip of the hot drink and then laid back and looked at the ceiling. "You think I'm grounded from all alcohol now?"

"Oh yes." I looked over as Tony walked in with a glass of scotch in his hand. "No more for you."

"Hey! No drinking in front of the banned drinker!" I said pointing a finger at him. He smirked and downed the rest of it. "Jerk," I smiled a little to myself. I almost expected him to reply with bitch...but he never did. "Oh, boy do I need to stop watching tv," I said laying back, stretching my legs over Steve's lap. "Hope you don't mind, Stevey," I sighed, "but you're in my way."

"It's fine," Steve said placing his hand on my knee.

"Hey," Tony said waving at him, "Watch it pretty boy."

Steve blushed and removed his hand. I shot a glare at Tony, sat up, and hugged Steve, "He's being a brother. It's fine, I don't mind at all," I whispered in his ear.

"Emmy!" Tony groaned as Steve grew even redder. "Not in front of me!"

I smirked, "Okay." I grabbed Steve's hand, "Come on. My room." I hopped up.

"Emily!" Tony shouted.

I giggled falling back onto the couch, my head in Steve's lap now, "Only joking, Tony. Don't get you're iron panties in a knot." I blew out a puff of hair and shut my eyes, warming my cold hands on the warm drink that was growing colder and colder by the minute. I felt Steve gently twist my hair in his fingers and I sighed, feeling completely relaxed.

"Emily." I groaned at Bruce's voice and sat up.

"What," I said placing the cup on the coffee table and laying back down.

"I have an injection I'd like to try," he said holding a needle in his hand.

I eyed it before sitting up again, nearly sitting on Steve's lap. "Is it safe?" I frowned.

"Uh, it should be," Bruce frowned slightly.

"Bruce," Tony warned.

"I have a counter one too. So if the affects are like the pill then we'll just change it back," Bruce reasoned. I swallowed before giving my arm to Bruce. He looked at me, "You sure you're okay?" I nodded and looked away as he stuck the needle in my arm. I clenched my fists feeling the fluid being pushed into my arm. When Bruce pulled the needle back out I lifted my arm and flexed my hand. "How do you feel?" Bruce asked watching me carefully.

"I feel..." I stopped short as my vision got blurry and I began to cough. I could taste the blood in my mouth but I was pulled into darkness, hearing the three men shout my name.