Status: Senior year of college, be patient with me.

Shadow

Chapter Five ~Third Person POV~

"Emily!" Bruce, Tony, and Steve all shouted at once as the blonde haired girl fell over and began convulsing.

"Bruce! Bruce, you're killing her!" Tony shouted trying to stop Emily from moving. "Give her the other serum! Now!"

"Hold her still!" Bruce said trying to keep calm.

Steve grabbed a hold of her arm and held it still while Bruce injected the counter serum into her arm. They watched as she slowly became still again. Steve pressed his fingers to her throat and checked for a pulse. He sighed when he found one. Tony turned to Bruce and shoved him, pushing him over the coffee table and onto his back, shattering the glass of the coffee table.

"Hey! Hey! Hey!" Steve said, moving the girl off his lap and getting up.

"Are you trying to kill her!?" Tony shouted at Bruce.

"Tony," Steve whispered grabbing the girl from the couch. "We need to go." Bruce let out a grunt and glared at Tony, his eyes dilating and his skin becoming green. Steve bolted for the stairs, unsure if Tony was following or not. All he knew is he had to get Emily out of that room, off of that floor. But before he could reach the stairs, he was knocked off his feet by the couch flying into him. Emily flew from his arms and hit the counter, falling onto the floor of the kitchen. Steve spun and looked at the large green monster now standing where Bruce use to be. Tony was picking himself up off the ground, groaning, a cut on his forehead.

"Oh, now you've done it," Tony hissed.

"Stop!" Steve said getting up. "This isn't Bruce's fault!"

"Oh so it's mine!?" Tony shouted at Steve.

"No-" Steve watched an arrow shoot at the Hulk and looked to see Clint coming off the elevator with Tasha.

"Are you an idiot?" Tony asked him as the Hulk roared, his fury now on Clint.

"It was a tranquilizer," Clint shrugged and Tasha snacked him.

"You really are an idiot," she grumbled.

Steve stepped up and placed his hands up to the Hulk, "Stop. We all just need to stop."

The Hulk smacked Steve back into the marble stairs and was running for Clint. Then it stopped. Everyone watched as the Hulk stopped in mid stride and became frustrated as he couldn't move. But as the others tried to move, they also couldn't.

"This...is one hell of a team." They all looked up and say a very dazed looking Emily, holding her hand up. "Now, if everyone would please stop being fucking idiots!" She took a deep breath, obviously very weak. "And just get along like the loving family we all want us to be." The windows crashed and two figures appeared in the shattering glass. "Oh, fucking no!" Emily shouted, grabbing them in her web as well. "We are having a heart to heart here! Who are you to come busting in unannounced!?"

"Thor Odinson," A voice boomed. "Accompanied by my brother, Loki."

"Really?" Emily shouted, her hands falling and letting everyone go. The Hulk shrunk back down to Bruce, who quickly grabbed onto what was left of his pants to keep himself decent."Here," she flicked her hand and a blanket flew at Bruce, "Cover up what I don't want to see." She then strutted over to Loki and Thor, still seeming weak but didn't show it. "You," she said sticking a finger in Loki's face. His eyebrow rose, "are a pain in the ass. You pull one little prank and I will have you so far down on your knees you'll be licking the molten lava at the center of the earth.

"How dare you, mortal!" Thor said stepping in front of Emily. "You dare insult-"

Emily punched him across the face. A loud crack made everyone flinch and she lifted up her, clearly, broken hand. She moved it once, opening and closing her fist, and all signs of it being broken was gone. "You, Prince, are no longer a prince here. So don't go acting like one. The only royal being in this house is me. Got it?" Thor seemed very surprised at the boldness of the small girl and nodded in response. Her body sagged and she nodded, "Good." She then fell to her knees and Thor caught her before she could face plant the floor.

Thor looked up at the other Avengers, "I think she has fainted."

Tony smacked his forehead as everyone else closed their eyes at Thor's simple mindedness. He then walked over and took his sister from the Asgardian's arms. "Just what are you doing here anyway?"

"Father has sent my brother and I to earth to try and bring Loki's humanity back," Thor explained, thumping his brother, who was cuffed and gagged, on the back.

"Yeah, well, you picked one hell of a time to return," Tony grumbled taking the girl down to his room and laying her down before returning back to the living room. He rubbed his forehead and looked at everyone else whom were trying to pick up. "Okay, so where exactly is Rein Deer Games going to stay?"

"Here," Thor smiled brightly. "The dark one said so."

"Dark one, you mean Fury?" Bruce asked and Thor nodded.

Tony groaned and rubbed his face. "Fine. The fourth floor is where you two can stay. I'll have it secured so Rock of Ages doesn't try anything stupid," Tony said glaring at Loki. "And Bruce," Tony said turning his attention to his friend, "We have a lot of work to do." Bruce nodded, agreeing with Tony. "Come on, and just leave the mess. I'll get it picked up later. Thor," Tony pointed a finger at the large God, "Don't let your...brother out of sight because if I see him wondering around alone I won't hesitate to attack."

Thor nodded and everyone scattered. Bruce and Tony left for the lab, while Thor took Loki down to their new room. Clint and Tasha picked up some before leaving for the training room, leaving Steve alone. Steve was compelled to pick up but the compulsion to check on Emily was greater. He went down to Tony's room and peeked inside. Emily was awake, which surprised Steve. She sighed and rolled over to the edge of the bed, sitting up. He watched her wipe the blood from her nose and get up from the bed. Her hands clenched and her eyes closed. When she opened them again they were pitch black. Steve stumbled back, hitting his back against the wall behind him. She screamed within the room and something crashed. Steve ran into the room and saw the windows and every vase, light-bulb, and glass was broken in the room. Emily's back was too him now, her hair waved up in the air, though no wind was coming through the windows.

"Emily?" Steve asked quietly.

Emily spun, her hair falling back around her shoulders and with a blink, her eyes were back to their jade green. "Steve?" she breathed. She looked around at the glass that covered the ground. She stepped towards him but slipped and fell to her hands and knees, cutting them up. She looked at her hands watching them bleed a little bit before healing back to normal.

"Emily," he whispered walking carefully over the glass and crouching down next to her. Her breathing picked up before she clenched her fists and brought them down on the glass. She pounded the glass covered floor and Steve grabbed her arms to try and stop her, "Emily! Stop!" She tried to fight against his hold but it was useless she stopped fighting and fell into Steve's chest, tears trickling down her face.

"I want to be normal," Emily whispered looking at the ground. "To be rid of these stupid powers," she pulled away from Steve and stood up, kicking the glass around. "To be able to be a normal person. To be human," she whispered walking over to the glass-less window. "I wish I knew how to reverse it. Or to at least make it so it isn't controlling me. Be like you," she said waving her arms at Steve. "Just, semi-normal." She shook her head, "I'm going to my bed room. Tell Tony I'm sorry about the broken glass." She left the room and Steve stared after her as she disappeared in the elevator.

Steve looked at the glass and began to clean up. He asked JARVIS to send Tony up, feeling very uncomfortable talking to someone he couldn't see. A few moment's later Tony came into his room and his eyes widened. "What happened?"

"She got mad?" Steve asked. "I'm not sure, but here eyes turned black and when I looked back in the room the glass was shattered."

Tony scratched his neck sitting down on his bed. "I don't know what to do," Tony whispered. "I don't want to ask her to try something else. Not with what results we're getting." Steve shifted, unsure of what to tell Tony. "I should go talk to her," he sighed slapping his hands on his knees and standing up.

"Mind if I come with?" Steve asked.

Tony eyed Steve. He understood Steve. He was from a different time, he couldn't always be mad at him for not understanding references Tony made. But Tony also knew he was a man. And Steve seemed to be very protective of Emily. It made Tony wonder if Steve was actually asking for permission to take Emily on a date. Tony shook the thoughts away and nodded, letting Steve follow Tony down to the third floor.

"So," Tony smirked, getting his cockiness back. "You got a thing for my sister?"

Steve blushed but looked at Tony a little confused, "A thing?"

"You know, feelings," Tony said rolling his eyes. Steve's face grew a darker shade. "It's alright, man." He said clapping Steve on the back. "But if you hurt her, I will personally kill you." Steve's eyes widened. "And I may or may not be exaggerating, pretty boy." Tony then stepped off the elevator with nervous Steve following after him.

They both gave each other a look as the neared Emily's room. Music came from her room but it wasn't being played out of a radio. It was raw, live. Tony's face fell considerably as he leaned against the closed door, listening to his sister sing. Tony looked down, swallowing the lump in his throat. Steve patted his arm, unsure of what he could say. They stood outside the door, listening to Emily sing and once the song was over Tony knocked on the door. It opened a moment later, Emily looking between the two men, a few tear tracks still on her face. Tony grabbed her into a hug.

"We will fix this, Emily. I promise. I swear," Tony whispered to his little sister. "You will get better. I swear."
♠ ♠ ♠
Blah...whatever xD I'm having fun writing, you don't like it..well whatever xDD