Status: Senior year of college, be patient with me.

Shadow

Chapter Eight

I sat in Tony's office attempting to read as he worked on god knows what. Reading wasn't appealing to me though.

"Tony," I said sitting back in my chair.

"Huh," he said continuing to type away. I waited ten minutes and he didn't ask again. He wasn't listening, so I brought up my own window of Microsoft on his table.

Tony. I slid my fingers across the table, sending the message down to him.

He sent me it back. What?

I'm bored.

Go play tag with Clint or something.

Clint and Nat are gone on a mission, stupid. I rolled my eyes.

Go cuddle with Cap then.

Bike ride.

Where's your pet?

Loki and Thor went for a walk. So they're probably lost.

Tony let out a frustrated grunt. Go bug Bruce then.

Last time I bugged him I almost was talking to the Hulk.

"Damnit, Emily!" Tony said slapping his hands on his desk, causing me to jump. "I'm working alright! Go find something else to do!" His eyes glared at me.

I blinked, my eyes burning, "Fine." I got up, throwing the chair into the desk. "Worse big brother ever," I mumbled walking out of his office. I could feel the vibration from every glass object I passed as I tried to keep my emotions in check. Tears flowed freely down my cheeks as my never ending headache just grew worse. Sudden anger pulsed through me and I went to the elevator and hit the button to go down into Tony's garage. I knew the alarms JARVIS sent to Tony were being sent now but I walked up to one of Tony's cars, grabbed the car door and ripped it off.

I was out of control. I knew I didn't want to destroy Tony's cars. I wanted to stop, but I wasn't in control of my body anymore. My anger was. Another me was. I totally obliterated two cars before Tony came downstairs in his suite.

I don't really remembered what happened. All I remembered was red. My brain pulsed pain as I saw everything through a heavy veil of red. And then, almost as quickly as it had begun, it stopped. My vision was blurry with tears and I fell to my knees. My hands shook and my stomach clenched. I threw up, some blood, some food. I shook my head, holding my stomach and rocking. "I can't....I can't..." Tony knelt down in front of me the best he could in his suit. "I can't..." I sobbed looking up at him.

"Emily," he whispered.

"Who am I," I sobbed. "Tony. Who am I?"

"You're my sister," he whispered pulling me into his chest.

"No!" I screamed shoving him back and standing up. "No, I'm not! I'm a monster! Look at me! Look at this!" I gestured to the destroyed garage. "I can't do this anymore, Tony," I cried. "I'm dangerous! Uncontrollable! Just put me out of my misery!"

"Don't talk like that!" he snapped, pointing a finger.

"What's the point!" I shouted back. "There's no cure! Nothing! I can't be fixed!"

"So everything you told Loki was a lie, then?" he asked, calmer.

I stopped, biting my tongue. "How-?"

"I have ears everywhere, Emily. He was telling Thor about the locket you gave him."

I looked away, "This is different."

"Bullshit," Tony snapped. He gave me 'that' look and I let out a small sob. I ran up to him and threw my arms around his neck and hugged him.

"I'm sorry," I sobbed as his robotic arms wrapped around me. "I'm so sorry." He kissed my temple and then rested his head on top of mine.

"It's not your fault, Emily. It never was."

~~~~~~

I sat on the front desk in the lobby, my legs swinging as I waited for Tony to return. He gave in. My losing control and tearing apart two of his cars finally made him realize how dangerous I could be. He was currently out getting me some more 'appropriated' drugs for me to try.

The doors opened and I looked up, expecting Tony, but instead Steve strolled through the doors. "Hello, Emily," he smiled walking up to me.

"Hey, Steve," I sighed, crossing my ankles and clasping my hands.

"What's wrong?" he asked leaning against the counter next to me.

I shrugged, "Nothing really. Just feeling down, ya know?"

"You know what always makes me feel better?" He asked with a smile.

"What?" I smiled back.

"A bike ride," his smile grew.

I blushed a little, "I've actually never gone on a bike ride before."

Steve's eyes widened a little, "Never?"

I shook my head, "Nope."

"Come on," he said patting my leg.

"Now?" I squeaked a little.

He looked back at me, "Why not? You seem pretty bored to me?"

I bit my lip, "I was kind of waiting for Tony." Steve's face fell. "But, I guess I can see him when we get back," I smiled hopping off the counter. "Jar!" I shouted.

"Yes, Miss Stark?"

"Tell Tony I went for a bike ride with the Cap when he gets back, please."

"Yes, Miss Stark."

I smiled and hooked arms with Steve. We walked outside to his bike and I smiled at it. "Here," Steve said handing me a helmet. "I don't usually wear it, but I feel if you don't, Tony will kill me," he said putting it on my head and buckling it up. I laughed. "And," he shrugged off his brown leather jacket, "You might need this."

Smiling I took his jacket and pulled it over my arms. It was loose, but it was comfortable. Steve climbed on first and waited for me to get on. Carefully I threw my leg over the seat and sat behind Steve. I adjusted myself till I was sitting comfortably and my hands were on Steve's sides. He smiled and started up the bike before taking off. I squeaked and wrapped my arms around his middle.

I laughed looking up at the bright lights of the city as we drove. Steve weaved in and out of traffic easily enough and took roads that weren't so busy at night. I felt Steve's muscles under his shirt as we drove. I couldn't help but flatten my hands against his abs. I bit my lip and rested my head on his back, slightly embarrassed by myself.

After a while Steve stopped. I looked up and noticed we were at the park. Smiling I got off the bike with Steve and took off the helmet. "Helmet hair?" I asked him setting the helmet on the seat.

"No," he said shaking his head, "perfect as always."

I blushed and started off down the path, with him next to me. "I'm going to have to ask Tony to get me a bike," I smiled after a few moments of silence.

"You liked the ride?" he smiled."

"It was very refreshing," I chuckled. "I needed that, thank you."

"Any time you want to go for a ride, just let me know," he said with a small blush on his cheeks as he kicked the ground. "Can I-uh-ask you a question?"

"You just did," I pointed out with a small giggle.

He blushed, "How about two then?"

"Sure," I smiled.

"I, uh," he blushed, scratching the back of his neck. "Nevermind," he sighed.

"No, come on. You have to ask me now," I said catching his arm.

Steve looked down at our arms and gently moved so his hand was laced with mine. I blushed looking at the ground as we walked. It was bold for him. I then had a small feeling I knew what he was going to ask. "Steve?"

"Hum?" he hummed softly, his thumb moving slowly over the back of my hand.

"Were you going to ask to kiss me?"

Steve's face reddened, "I-I, well-" he stuttered.

"Steve," I whispered, stopping us and standing closer to him, "It's fine." He nodded, his eyes asking if I was sure. Smiling I nodded. I closed my eyes and Steve's lips gently brushed mine. He was gently, old fashioned. His hands rested above my hip bones as I wound my arms around his neck. He lifted me off the ground as our kiss became hotter. My hands slipped around his neck. He gasped, nearly dropping me and I pulled my hands away, stepping back. Blisters were forming on his neck from where my hands were. "Take me home," I said walking away, not daring to look at him.

"Emily-" Steve started.

"No. I don't want to talk. Just take me home." I pulled on the helmet and crossed my arms. He said nothing as he got on the bike. I sat down behind him and placed my hands on his sides to keep me from falling off. Once we were back at the tower I pulled the helmet off and went into the building, not bothering to even look at Steve.

I stepped inside and an arrow lodge itself into my hand. I pulled it out, glancing at the note, You're it. I threw the arrow on the ground. "I'm not playing," I mumbled walking to the elevator. Normally I would've jumped right into a game with Clint, happy that he and Tasha were back home. But after what happened, I didn't feel like talking to anyone.

I went straight to my room, locking the door behind me, and curled up onto my bed. It wasn't until then that I realized I was still wearing Steve's jacket. Instead of shrugging it off, I pulled it closer around me as I curled up into a ball.

It wouldn't happen again. I wasn't going to let it. I wouldn't hurt Steve. I wouldn't kill him.

It wouldn't end like the others....
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay...I Honestly don't know what you guys think of this story and it's driving me crazy!! Please leave some comments so I know how I'm doing!! I don't wanna stop writing this one but I don't wanna write another chapter until I have at least TWO comments!! please