Status: A Side Project that I've been working on lately, enjoy.

Forever Feels Like Winter

♔ Introduction.

Friday 13th,

All I want is to forget. To erase myself from the timeline of reality and toss my existence into the waste bin. I know what you're thinking, typical melodramatic teenage angst, right? Not exactly. But I kind of wish it was like that. It'd be a lot easier to cope with. I mean...it'd be nice that the only thing that I'd have to worry about is what to wear to a date. Whom to befriend and not. To fall into love and have somebody catch me. But love is a perpetual collision of various emotions and happy ever afters don't exist. At least, not with me. And...I guess that's why I just can't imagine myself being like everybody else. I'm not mentally stable enough to be able to help my other half out with their burden. Honestly, I can't even function properly anymore...so, later on, I'll be the one relying on them to relieve me of my pain. How can I ever help somebody if I can't even help myself? It'd be ridiculously selfish to ask somebody to love me. Maybe that's why I'm here. Writing here in this moody and moldy cafe in Minnesota. Three thousand miles away from home. Because I need to be self-sufficient and prove to myself that I'm not entirely useless. Once I prove myself this then maybe it won't seem too silly to imagine myself a fabricated romance with a stranger. But I digress.

It's never easy to be left behind, you know. It's hard to pretend to be okay after being tossed to the side like dog scraps left for the monsters hiding in the woods. The kind that your parents warned you about. The kind that makes your spine shiver like it's got the shakes and make your skin feel like a slimy lizard's touch. And it's just unfathomable to see myself not living coincide with this thing inside me. This demon. I'm sorry that you're reading this because...because if you are, this means that I've been caught. Or dead. Probably the latter. It'd be better if it was. Sorry, sorry. I didn't mean to say that. I really am sorry though. You don't deserve to be put in this position. It's not too late to close this journal. You could walk away and forget this thing like it was just a faint whisper of the wind. Let it drift and pass you by if you will it so.

But if you should choose to stay, then welcome abroad my quest, reader.

My name is Melanie Lee, currently aged sixteen, and I am a run away that has two years left to live. I am looking for something that I couldn't find within myself, because I was robbed of it years ago. Now, I will stop at nothing to get it back. The clock is ticking, and the journey commences now.

-Mel.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi this is Melanie's story. I'm just the messenger.
-Roxanne.