Truth or Dare

Tues. May 25, '99(Part 3: The End of a First Date)

Frank gently laughed. Willow had fallen asleep against his shoulder. A smile stretched across his face as he watched her peacefully sleeping, slowly and rhythmically breathing. He looked at his watch.

'Oh shit,' he thought, 'she should probably get home.'

When Willow woke up, she was carefully lying across the backseat of Frank's Grand Prix. His sweatshirt was covering her from her shoulders to her knees. Frank was sitting in the driver's seat, the car smoothly rumbling down the roads.

"What time is it?" Willow asked, sitting up. Frank briefly glanced at her.

"You're awake," he began, almost enthusiastically. "Ten-thirty."

She smiled, thinking about her day. Frank really seemed like a pretty good person; unlike anyone else she'd ever known...except for her parents. Oh how she missed them. About five minutes later, Frank pulled into Willow's driveway. He got out, and helped her out, then walked her to the door in silence.

"Thanks," Willow said with a smile. Frank nodded and smiled back. She pulled him into a hug and then began to open the door. After one last 'goodbye' smile, she entered the house, closing the door behind her. At the window, she watched Frank start his car again, waving as he pulled away.

Willow turned around to see a dark figure perched on the chair of her living room. She jumped, startled, but took a deep breath when she realized it was only Stephen.

"Where the hell have you been?" He asked, as if he actually cared.

"Stephen, you watched me leave. I was out with a friend," Willow said.

"What time is it?!" Stephen asked, knowing the answer.

"Ten forty-five,: Willow answered.

"Eleven o'clock." Stephen had always thought he knew everything, and always made sure to say "o'clock" after a time.

"Yeah, so?"

"I don't know him."

"Nor will you ever!"

She ran up to her room. Stephen had always aggravated her so much. She thought he would leave her alone, like he normally does, but he didn't. A few minutes later, her brother showed up, abruptly opening the door.

"Willow, I wasn't done talking to you."

"Too bad!" Willow exclaimed, throwing a pillow at him. He deflected it and took a step closer.

"I don't like your attitude. Grounded."

She gave Stephen the death-glare. 'Ground me? Big mistake.'

"Don't look at me like that, bitch!" Stephen yelled at her, letting his hand sharply collide with the top left side of Willow's head. Then he walked out, slamming the door behind him.

Why can't every guy be as gentle as Frank? Willow was a light sleeper, and he got her into that car without waking her up, that must take talent. Willow found herself unable to stop thinking about Frank.

'Oh shit,' she thought, 'I left my drawings in his car.' She shrugged and fell asleep almost momentarily. Another excuse to see him again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated this one in a while! I have been really busy lately. I will try to update it more often, I promise.