Would It Matter?

Another One Then?

Madison’s POV

I walked along the street that was now filled with police and the general public as an alleyway has been roped off as a murder had taken place last night; I was called early this morning by my boss Richard as he told me what had taken place last night so I was quick to rush down to the murder site so I could get information for my report.

I showed the police officer my journalist ID so he’d let me past the yellow tape that had been placed in front of the entrance to the alleyway; I took a deep breath as I saw the dark red blood on the wall and ground which hadn’t been washed away just yet although the dead body had been, I still wasn’t used to seeing blood strains at crime scenes.

“What happened here Joe? It looks like a bad one, were there any witnesses?” I asked a police officer that I always get my information from as I went to school with Joe so we’ve known each other for years; Joe had his first crime scene when I had my first report on that crime and we’ve been helping out ever since.

“It was Michael Don Castro and sadly no witnesses but the medics told us what happened, his manhood was nearly cut off and he also had stab wound to his waist and neck” Joe informed me as he shivered at the thought of any guy getting his manhood chopped off; I knew Michael Don Castro very well because Richard made me do an interview with him as soon as he was let out of jail.

“Don’t worry you’re safe Joe, but it’s not like he didn’t deserve what happened to him. I’m surprised it took someone this long to find him and teach him a lesson” I said as I wrote down what Joe had told me in my journal which was extremely important to me; my journal held every single note about every crime scene that I had been to which I used to write my reports and articles.

“He did deserve this but that doesn’t make us any closer to finding the person who did this, we keep finding dead bodies that match in how they were killed but we can’t find who’s doing this” Joe said to me which I already knew because sometimes he told me more than he probably should; I jotted down some more facts about the murder and crime scene as I listened closely to what Joe was telling me.

“I’m sure you’ll find out who’s been killing these men but honestly I’ve heard people talking, most people here hope you don’t arrest anyone. It means people are slowly starting to feel safe again” I said to him as I placed my journal and pen back into my hand bag as I finished taking enough notes for an article; I could still remember growing up in Gotham City when it was safe to walk the streets and not worry about criminals.

“People shouldn’t have to feel safe when a murder is killing the criminals, they should feel safe because we catch all the criminals Madison” Joe said to me and I could understand that but when the criminals get released from jail it scares people; especially when people like Michael Don Castro get released because he was arrested for 3rd Degree Assault with a Deadly weapon and 2nd Degree Sexual Assault on a Minor.

“And we do feel safe when you do your job Joe, I always feel safe when you’re around. But right now I have to head down to the city morgue, I’ll see you later” I said to him as I walked back out of the alleyway and under the police tape before I bumped into a body; I looked up to apologize which is when I saw that Bruce was standing right in front of me and he was the one that I ran into accidently.

“Good morning Madi, I suppose that this will be featured in the Gotham News then?” Bruce said to me in his deep sensual voice as his stunning dark brown eyes looked down at me; he was wearing black suit pants with a white button down shirt that really hung nicely over his muscular and well-built body.

“Hi Bruce and yes I’ll be writing an article about the events of last night, the people of Gotham have a right to know. Now if you’d excuse me, I have an appointment at the morgue” I said to him as I walked past him and through the crowd of people that were still hanging around the crime scene; I had to catch the next train into the city where the Gotham Hospital was which held the Gotham Morgue.

“Let me drive to there, I hate the thought of you catching that train all the time especially when your alone” Bruce said to me as I felt his hand catch mine as I walked past his dark grey Lamborghini Murciélago; he stopped me causing me to turn around so I was facing him and he’s told me many times before how much he hated me using the train or bus to get places.

“Alright you can drive me but it’s only because it’ll be quicker than catching the train, but after you drop me off then you aren’t going to wait for me” I said to him as I watched a wide smile form on his lips as he unlocked his luxury car and opened the door for me; I climbed into his car as he shut the door for me while I placed the seat belt across my body.

On the drive to the Gotham Hospital I found myself talking non-stop to Bruce which wasn’t very common between us anymore; both of us had grown up and changed so we weren’t as close as we used to be when we were kids, I was more career driven while Bruce liked to party which usually meant he surrounded himself with beautiful women.

“Thanks for driving me here Bruce, I’ll see you later” I said to him as I opened the door to his car before I climbed out and walked along the path that lead to the hospital; I walked through the double glass doors of the hospital before I walked through the hallways until I reached the morgue.

“Hello Madison, I was wondering when you’d be joining me again. I still don’t understand why such a beautiful young lady like yourself is stuck writing about crime” Mae said as I walked through the door and into the cold morgue where Mae worked as the mortician; she had worked there for as long as I’ve been a journalist so we’ve gotten to know each other and become friends.

“I came as soon as I could besides I had to give you enough time to do your job, I know how much you hate me standing here while you work” I smiled at the older woman that acted like a grandmother to me which was the only reason why I came to the morgue so easily; honestly being in the morgue around dead people creeped me out but I did it for my job.

“That I do and let’s get down to business shall we? Mr Don Castro had Etomidate and Curare in his system, both are paralysing drugs which was the same as many other criminals who have been murdered” Mae explained to me but I knew these drugs well enough as I’ve seen the same M.O a few times before; I took my journal and pen out of my handbag so I could take some notes anyways even if both Mae and I were familiar with this method.

“Another one then? And he died sometime last night, like the rest of them?” I asked Mae although I already knew the answer because all of the men had been murdered at midnight or earlier in the morning; Mae told me that Michael was murdered at around 1am and that he didn’t have any other DNA on him.

I thanked Mae and said my goodbyes before I headed back through the hospital and out the front doors; I placed my journal back into my bag but when I looked up I had to stop walking suddenly so I didn’t run into Delilah who had just appeared in front of like, which gave me a small scare because I wasn’t expecting her to be there.

“I’m sorry Madi, I didn’t mean to scare you. I heard about the murder that happened last night, it’ll be horrible if it happened to an innocent person. Do you know who did it?” Delilah asked me as we stood on the cement path looking at each other; we’ve been best friends since high school and knew everything about the other as we’d been through a lot together.

“Delilah you know that I can’t tell you anything but no the police haven’t figured out who’s responsible for the murders, no DNA has been found on any of the bodies” I told my best friend even though I wasn’t allowed to as I could lost my job over this but I knew Delilah wouldn’t tell anyone else; there were things about Delilah that only I knew as she knew things about me that no one else did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Madison's Outfit

Please Comment!