Would It Matter?

Don't Cause A Scene

Madison’s POV

“Where are you going Delilah? You never told me that you were planning on going anywhere” I said as I walked over to my best friend who was placing a packed duffle bag into her car; I had just finished writing a report about the break in that happened at the bank yesterday which shocked most people in Gotham because that is the city’s only bank.

“Don’t you worry Madi, I’m just going to New Jersey for a few days. I didn’t tell you because I knew you’d worry” Delilah said to me as she closed the boot of her car and turned around to face me; she never said aloud why she travelled to other cities but down deep I knew the reason which I never talked about with her.

“That’s because I want to see you come back home safely, you know that I worry about you because you can get risky with things” I said to her as I followed her into her house as she walked inside to grab her handbag and car keys; I knew I could never make Delilah change her mind with what she was planning because she wouldn’t listen to me.

“I’m not that risky and I always come back unharmed, you just worry too much about everything Madi” Delilah said to me which didn’t reassured me because I knew her better than anyone else; I watched as she walked back out the front door before she waited for me to follow so she could lock the door.

“I know that I do but that’s how I protect you, I know that you say that you don’t need protection but I think you do” I told her as I walked with her towards her car before she climbed into the front driver’s seat; I took a step back as she turned her car on while placing the seat belt across her body and rolled the window down.

“I’ll be back in a few days, I knew that I can’t argue with you” Delilah said to me through the window before she reversed out of the driveway before driving off down the street; I walked back down the street to the bus stop so I could catch the bus back into the city centre so I could head into the Gotham News offices.

Gotham News

I sat at my desk as I used my computer to look up any information that I could on the guy that lead the bank robbery; I was told that he looked like a clown as he was wearing a clown mask on his face and he was a light grey shirt with a dark grey suit blazer and pants.

I couldn’t find much as I didn’t know his name and I wasn’t there at the time of the robbery so I didn’t actually see what he looked like but I came across a few things that were useful to me; I wrote down what I did find in my journal under the information that I had about the robbery so I knew that it was related.

“You’re working again Madi? You do know that there are other people here that can write articles for the newspaper” Harvey Dent said as he walked over to my desk in his white button down shirt and blue suit blazer and pants; we had gone on a few dates so far so we could get to know each other more but I had a feeling that Harvey was wanting a relationship soon.

“Yes I have to work Harvey, no one else here has the passion about crime that I have. I’m not letting the newspaper print a crappy article by another journalist, not when I’m here” I explained to him which he already knew because I pretty much wrote every single crime article that the Gotham News prints; besides everyone knew that this was my field so none of the other journalists offered to cover a crime scene.

“I know that but I don’t like you working all the time, you’re going to burn yourself out and I don’t want to see that happen to you” Harvey said to me as he leaned against the edge of my desk as he looked down at me; I knew where he was coming from because he worried about me just like I worried about Delilah.

“I’m going to be fine but thank you for caring about me, I don’t always work either. You just happen to mostly see me when I’m working” I said to him softly as I shut down my computer after saving a few things that I couldn’t let him see; he was the district attorney of Gotham City so we could work together but I never mixed work with pleasure.

“Alright darling, I know better than to argue with you about work. But right now I have a booking at The Fox Gardens for us, you promised me that we could have dinner tonight” Harvey said to me with a smile on his handsome face that was framed by short blonde hair; I told him to give me a few minutes to change as I picked up my bag from under my desk before I walked into the ladies bathroom to change clothes.

Harvey drove my car to the posh restaurant that I had never been to before because it wasn’t really my type of place to go but I knew Harvey had taken time to plan this; so I’d have dinner here with him as I didn’t want to hurt his feelings but I was excited to try the food, now was most likely my only chance to come here.

“So how’s everything going with work? I saw Gordon was at the bank crime scene yesterday, I hope you find out who robbed it” I asked him as the waitress showed us to our two seater table letting us sit down as she handed us the menu; I opened my menu only to find most of the meals were quite fancy which I wasn’t used to.

“Work is going good, busy now that there’s more crime going on but that just makes me want to catch them all” Harvey said to me as we both looked through the menu and after a few minutes of silence our waitress came back over to take our drink and meal order; I was going to ask him something else about work when a deep familiar voice sounded from behind me.

“Fancy seeing you both sitting here, I never took The Fox Gardens as your type of place to come Dent or are you just here to impress Madi” Bruce said as he walked over to our table which I knew wasn’t going to end well because it was very clear that neither Bruce nor Harvey liked each other; I looked up at Bruce as I gave him a firm glance because I knew what he was up to.

“Bruce don’t be rude, anyone is welcome here especially if a wonderful man like Harvey is having a date here with me” I said to him before Harvey could say something just as rude back to Bruce because I didn’t want them to cause a scene; I also didn’t want to deal with them after having a long day at work.

“I’m sorry Madi, how about I join you two? I’ll just pull a chair over” Bruce said to us as he found a spare chair that wasn’t being used at another table close to ours; I watched Bruce slightly amazed that he could just do whatever he liked as I’d never be able to be like him.

“I don’t really think you’re allowed to do that Wayne, this is an expensive restaurant if you had missed that” Harvey said as Bruce continued to move the cutlery over to our table before he sat down and looked at Harvey with a smug look on his face; I knew that Bruce knew something that we didn’t so he was obviously smug about it.

“Actually I did know that this restaurant was expensive Dent, I own this restaurant so I can rearrange the furniture if I like” Bruce explained to us as he ordered a drink and meal as the waitress walked over to him and it was clear that she was flirting with him which for some reason didn’t sit well with me; I looked between Bruce and Harvey so I knew it was going to be a long night with neither of them wanting to leave me alone with the other.
♠ ♠ ♠
Madison's Work Outfit
Madison's Date Outfit

Please Comment!