Status: 4 comments = 1 update

Cosmic Love

"There's a drumming noise inside my head that starts when you're around..."

"Shh, just let this happen." He mumbled into my hair. "Just let me be here with you."

His fingers trailed up my side. That sweet smell taking over my body. I tried to roll over to look at him, to see who this evil, yet protecting person was. A firm grasp held me still where I was; I couldn't move no matter how hard I tried. I finally gave in, sighing at his touch.

"Just stay." His voice was like silk, so sweet and smooth. His hands trailed from my side to my thigh then back slowly. "Just be with me."

"Who are you?" If I'm going to dream about him, then I might as well know who he is, right?

". . . I'm nobody. I'm never going to be anything to you. I am all, but a dream."

He pulled me closer, putting both arms around my waist protectively. With my back to his chest I could feel his muscles tense with each breath he took. He was taller than me, I could tell by the way our bodies were spooned together; they fit perfectly. He was the most muscular human that had ever been in my bed. It was an odd, but free feeling.

"Why does it have to be a dream? Why isn't this real?" I asked feeling his forearms gently. So many muscles.

"It doesn't have to be a dream. Maybe it's not, maybe it is completely real. Maybe we're real." The tip of his nose was trailing up and down my neck."I want this to be as real as you do, but it's all a dream." He sighed and kissed where my neck meets my jaw.

"Let's make it real!"


I shot up suddenly gasping for breath. I looked around my room making sure I was alone. The smell of sunshine and the ocean burned into my mind. This smell had been haunting my dreams along with this mysterious, man. My mind is probably only running wild with its imagination again. This smell though, it must be the new flowers.

Beams of light were flowing through the drapes. Mary had not been in yet or the curtains would of been open by now. She must of been helping my father and mother prepare for their visit into the village today. The visit was only happening because they wanted to let the people, men, of the kingdom know about the agreement. If I'm not married by my twentieth birthday, it will be arranged to only the finest man in the kingdom. It's absurd to me, I have plenty of time before the throne is handed down to me and I become queen. Obviously what I think doesn't matter at the moment.

There was no need for me to go with them for reasons I don't understand. I'd be home alone all day. Of course there are servants and protectors here, so being alone never really happens. Mary always goes with them to answer questions about certain crops and such, the things that she does for our family. So, I will have nothing to do other twiddle my thumbs and stare at the ceiling. I could go see which of the new flowers has the fantastic smell.

The bathroom floor was cold against my toes, the feeling made me shiver and my toes curl. I stripped and turned the bath water on. Watching it fill, I couldn't help thinking about the forest. I bet there are thousands of beautiful waters in the forest. Waters waiting to be explored and relaxed in. I slowly climbed into the tub imaging being in the Forbidden Forest's waters. I would swim in them all day if I could, but I was content with the water I had for now.

******

Mary had come in and told me goodbye before they left the castle. She was happy, I hadn't seen her smile like that in years. Her happiness was contagious. As I was getting dressed for the day I couldn't help but smile also. I put the prettiest dress I owned on, it was violet that faded to a deep indigo. Mary and my mother had made the dress for me. I pinned my hair up so I could wear my tiara. It was standard procedure to get all royal when there was a village meeting, incase some of the villagers came back to our home. You had to look the part.

It had been a little while since then. I was currently sitting with my feet in one of our fountains. The water felt amazing on my warm skin. The summer air was scorching hot, there wasn't a single breeze, and the humidity was making everything sweat, including the concrete. A perfect time to swim, but I'd have to wait until my family got back to do that. It wouldn't be classy to be swimming while having company over. Rules.

"AW. . Motherfuc-"

A man's voice trailed off violently to my left. The man had startled me. I hadn't known anyone was out here considering the heat. I quickly pulled my feet out and rushed over to the garden area. A man, who seemed to be a few years older than me, was on his knees looking at the ground. Instead of the usual white attire the servants wear, this man was wearing all black. Black trousers, black tunic, black boots, even his belts were black. He had one read cloth hanging from his belt though. His hair was dark brown, almost black, it had waves through it that made it look. . . full. I was too far away to see his face or what he was doing. It seemed as if he couldn't see me either.

"Excuse me, can I help you?" I stopped a few feet in front of him, my arms dangling at my sides. Maybe my family was back and this was only a villager.

"No."

He didn't look at me, or even try to. He just kept picking our vegetables and putting them in a bag. Our cucumbers, carrots, and radishes being thrown into a bag like they weren't worth anything.

"Look, you're on my land taking my food. If you don't identify yourself and purpose I will have to have you escorted off this land." Irritation laced my voice. He still wouldn't look at me.

"I'm a servant," he was dull about it, no emotion.

"I know you're lying."

He slowly stood up wiping dirt from his legs, "how would you know that?"

He finally looked at me. His eyes went wide with shock before he bowed his head. This man, was not only a liar, but a handsome liar. His eyes were a hazel color, the way they sparkled in the sun made my heart warm. His skin was lightly tanned like mine, and his smile was perfect.

He walked towards me and bowed again. This time sunshine and the ocean filled my senses.

"I'm so sorry for disrespecting and being untruthful to you on your own land. You did not deserve such disrespect as that. I was only here picking vegetables for my own family princess. Please forgive me." He sighed and tilted his head downwards.

"Do you smell that?" He looked up at me like I was crazy. "Do you smell that? It smells so wonderful."

"I smell nothing, Princess." He stood directly in front of me. He was tall and muscular. His eyes burned into my skin. I couldn't help looking around for the scent. I probably looked like a crazy person doing this, so I stopped and returned his stare.

"Hmm, what's your name?" I asked the thief.

"Peter." He smiled at me. It was so beautiful I could feel my heart skipping beats. It was like he knew that, like he could hear it. He chuckled and ran his hand through his hair.

"Well, Peter, good to meet you. If they're for your family, you may take them, but if you're lying about that too, I would like the vegetables back." I said with the natural family authority lacing my voice.

"They are for my family Princ-"

"Ivy." I cut him off quickly.

He smiled at me. "Well, Ivy, it really is for my family, and your land has the best." He tightened the draw string on the bag closing it tight. "I've heard things about how the princess is so beautiful, but they didn't give you any justice at all. You're stunning." His eyes were sparkling with mystery. They were everywhere on my body. I cleared my throat and crossed my arms.

"Well, people are nice. Thank you I suppose. Carry on to your family." I motioned towards the black bag and slowly turned to walk away. "Have a nice day Peter."

Once I got back to my fountain, I put my feet back in and started to relax when I heard some shuffling against the wall. I opened my eyes and scanned it. Then I saw him. Peter, standing on the wall that blocks me from the forest. He was watching me intently and smiled widely when he saw my attention was on him. He bowed his head and waved at me.

"Till next time, Ivy."

Just like that, he was gone. He jumped off the wall onto the other side. Into the forest.
♠ ♠ ♠
The song I used for this title was Drumming Song.
Cliffhanger!!
ALSO, I put up a character page! Check it out!
Leave a comment! Give me some love!