Status: Completed

I love him, I hate him

L.O.S.T

Chapter 10

DO NOT STEAL

The tour bus was pretty shaky. I couldn't even get a decent nap. I'd slip on someone's lap and it'd be awkward.

'Alright we're here!' The teacher shouted and everyone woke up. I still don't get how they slept.

I got up and bumped into Ethan. Awkward. Yes.

'Uh. Sorry,' he scratched his neck. I smiled weakly.

We didn't talk for awhile now. Since the time I blew him off. He's still nice. He didn't spread fake mean rumors. He was nice. I hope he found better. All of us went up the building and reach the 103th floor.

'Wow.' We both said in unison. We who? Aayden and I of course.

We looked at each other and smiled. Man the view was amazing. You actually imagine how it would look like at night. Its a wonderful way to experience the beauty of New York City.

We walked around the observatory, sat around and chatted while the teachers bonded.

'Man I'd live here,' Aayden said, leaning on the railings. I joined him.

'yeah?' I looked up at him. His eyes shined beautifully beside the glaring sun.

'What?' he smirked. I snapped back from my daze.

'Sorry. I must have looked pretty dazed just now.'

'Yeap. What'cha thinking about?' he asked.

'Nothing important,' I quickly changed the subject.

'C'mon I wanna know,' he held my arm.

'No you do not,' I pushed his hand away.

'C'mon. You were looking at me,' he smiled.

'Alright class,c'mon we're taking the ferry to the liberty island to see the statue of liberty. We don't wanna be late now do we? Hurry up now,' One of the teachers said.

I grabbed Aayden arm and ran.

'We don't wanna be late now do we?' I imitated the teacher and smiled.

____________________________________________

' Woah. That's pretty huge,' I said. So much bigger than what I'd seen in magazines.

Right then. I was standing at the crown of the statue liberty. I couldn't believe it.

'Alright Class, We're giving you half an hour to explore. Be back at the service counter by 12pm, got that?'

We all nodded to the teacher.

I stood nearer to the edge. Scary as it seems, it's even more beautiful.

'Wha- Are you crying?' Aayden suddenly appeared beside me.

I wiped my little tears.

'No, I got something in my eye,' I said softly. He shook his head as he laughed.

'Oldest and most cliche excuse ever.'

'You're old and cliche,' I retorted.

'I'm still in high school,' he said.

'Fine. You are an annoying pest.'

'Touche,' he smiled.

__________________________________________________

Aayden and I talked for quite awhile. That 25 minutes passed.

'Woah. It's already 11.50. We better get going,' I said.

'Woah wait, we haven't explored any places yet,' he frowned.

'We had the chance to but you blew it, c'mon we gotta go,' I walked on.

'Wait. Please,' I stopped in my tracks. I felt his hand wrapped around my waist and his head slowly leaning on my shoulder from behind. He was hugging me from behind. People were watching. My heartbeat fast. My mind spun. My cheeks felt warmer as I felt his breath on the side of my neck.

'Don't go. If I let go, I'm afraid I'll lose you,' he said. I turned to look at him.

'Aayden. Stop it,' I tried letting him go but he wouldn't let me.

'How much longer do I have to bear this? I want you so bad. I need you,' he cupped my face staring into my eyes. Before I could say anything, I felt his lips against mine.

You know how people usually kiss right? They would tilt their heads in each other's opposite directions and lean in forward. Otherwise their noses would hit. Just like we did. I mean he did. I opened my eyes slowly. Only to see a ferry leave the island. Our ferry. I froze and Aayden could tell I was tensed up. Not that I wasn't when he kissed me. I was even more tensed.

He pulled away noticing I was distracted.

'What's wrong? Did I hurt you?' he asked.

I just pointed out to the view. Of our ferry. He turned around.

'What? That's jus- Oh. Oh-no,' he looked as it went away.

'We gotta run,! I shouted. Aayden grabbed a hold of me.

'Lysha, Would you chill?!'

'What do you mean chill? Our ferry just left us!'

'Yeah I know that. You think they can hear you from here? What are you gonna do? Sway you hand back and forth hoping they can see you?' he looked at me as if I was stupid. He was right though. I was stupid.

'Its all your fault! If it weren't for you, we could've ran in time!' I shouted.

'My fault?' he jerked back.

'Yes. You were the one who kissed me remember?' I pointed to my lips. He stared at me.

'What?' I asked.

'Sorry, it is my fault,' he said.

'Oh yes it- wha? Did you just-.. admit it was your fault?' I looked at him. He never does that. He'd always push the blame onto me.

'Yes. It is. And i'm sorry,' he said.

'O-kay?' I really had nothing to say to that.

'Could you call ms.Teg? and tell her we're stuck here?' I asked him and he did as I said.

'She's not picking up. Do you have Mr. Megoli's number?'

'I do but my phone died,' I checked my phone.

'So what do we do now? Wait for them to realize we're missing?' he asked.

'I don't know! It's all your fault!' I pouted.

'I'm sorry okay,' he said.

'Well, sorry's not gonna bring the ferry back is it?' I glared at him.

What was I doing? I was acting like a child. This is not me.

'I'm sorry too for the other part,' he said.

'What other part?' I asked.

'The kiss? The one you totally rejected a few minutes ago?' he looked into my eyes. I felt something burn.

'Well, sorry. I didn't totally reject you,' I rolled my eyes.

'You didn't even kiss me back. Heck you didn't even move your lips,' he frowned.

'Aw.' I acted if I didn't care. What did he expect me to do? Melt into his arms and go for honeymoon. Fantasy much?

'You're cruel you know that?' he said.

'Sorry. It's in my blood.'

'No not cruel cruel. I mean. Giving me high hopes cruel,' he said.

'How did I give you high hopes? I can remember how many times I rejected you already. You're the one who had stupid hope in your delusional mind,' I folded my arms. Since when did i turn fiesty?

'Well, you kept staring at me and smiling. Of course I took it the wrong way,' he said.

I just sat back down on the bench. Hoping the teacher would find us already.

'Wha- don't walk away from me when I'm talking to you,' he said. Oh my gosh he sounded like a bimbo I wanted to burst out in laughter.

'Really? We were talking? I didn't notice,' I gave him a flat look.

'Lysha please drop the act,' he said as he sat down beside me. Wow he hit the jackpot. How did he know I was acting.

'I want to talk to you. What do I need to do for you to give me a chance?' he pleaded.

'Stop bothering me?' I asked.

'But you'd be alone,' he said.

'That's the point genius,' I said.

'But you hate being alone,' he said. Right on target Aayden. He was so right.

'Who said I did?'

'You did.'

'Remember when you were invisible. You told me you hate being alone and you needed me,' he said. I said that? I paused for while to think about it. That was because no one could actually really see me. Even my family.

'You remembered that?' I looked at him.

'Course I remember. There are other things too. You love pancakes. You have such a big appetite. But you never grow. You love cliche romantics. And no matter how much pain your dad had brought on your family. You miss him. A whole lot.'

'Wow.'

'Yeah. Wow,' he laughed.

'Thanks,' I suddenly got teary-eyed. I was thinking about my dad.

'Oh you got something in your eye again?' he smiled.

'Yup.' I wiped my tear off my check and I couldn't help but smiled back.

'Lemme get it for you,' he lifted my chin up to his face and stared into my eyes.

Another tear dropped and it rolled down to my lips. He leaned closer and kissed me. Sweetly.
♠ ♠ ♠
SECOND LAST CHAPTER :'(